- - - - -

Turtle Beach Ear Force DXL1 Dolby Surround Sound Gaming Headset (Xbox 360) -- $0.99 AR + $2.99 Shipping at Newegg

#1 Juganhut   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Juganhut

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:51 PM

Saw this on fatwallet forums. You can get extra 1% cash back if you go through their site as well.

Works with Xbox one (needs the conversion kit though) and comes with bonus adapter 3.5mm to 2.5mm.

Use code below, then when you get the headset then do mail in rebate. After mail in rebate came up to 3.98 for me because I don't have the free 2.99 shipping.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874502023
Promo Code: EMCETFT29

EDIT: Someone posted link to setup headset to XBOX One: http://www.turtlebea...ty-modified.jpg

#2 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:03 PM

Be aware that the stock adapter it comes with WILL NOT work with an X1 controller that has the built in 3.5mm jack.  I can't speak on if it works with the headset adapter.  I just purchased these and also had to purchase a proper 4-pin cable to allow chat with my X1 controller.  There are cheaper ones out there, but I went with the official turtle beach ps4 talkback cable.  Make sure the male piece going into your controller has 3 black bars and 4 metal sections or else you won't be able to use chat.  Jealous that I got them a week or so ago when the price was $10 after rebate

#3 Juganhut   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Juganhut

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:11 PM

Yes, need the conversion kit. Will make it a bit clearer.

#4 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5537 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:18 PM

Damn. That's worth it just for the DSS2...

#5 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:42 PM

Yeah that's what everyone was saying a few weeks ago.  I think this thing sounds great.  I'll look for some decent range surround sound phones now so I can watch my horror movies in peace

#6 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2918 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:06 PM

Those are wired? I'll just stick with my X32's then.

#7 deusmeister  

deusmeister

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:19 PM

Is the gift card they send just a regular visa prepaid card or is it only usable at newegg?

#8 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2918 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:32 PM

Oh, that matters too. I might still consider it.

#9 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:00 PM

Is the gift card they send just a regular visa prepaid card or is it only usable at newegg?

visa

#10 Vice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:28 PM

I have one, but it's tempting to buy another because it's a good deal as is at $30.

#11 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3553 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:37 PM

yes it is! I was on the search for a cheap soundbar for my tv to give rock band a lil better sound. nothing special just looking for something around 100 and never really found what I wanted but kept getting upset at my horrible tv sound quality.

Got me thinking about a temp fix. I took the Dss2, connected the the optical to my tv and then instead of hooking up the headphones to the dss2 I used my computer speakers. Sounds GREAT!! yea it's gonna matter what type of speakers your using but I'm still using them and saved me the money on a soundbar :D

as for the headset I only used it a couple times but for 20-30 bucks with out without rebate is pretty solid. Seemed like a step down from the x12's but not by much, especially when paired with the dss2. 

#12 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:25 PM

yes it is! I was on the search for a cheap soundbar for my tv to give rock band a lil better sound. nothing special just looking for something around 100 and never really found what I wanted but kept getting upset at my horrible tv sound quality.

Got me thinking about a temp fix. I took the Dss2, connected the the optical to my tv and then instead of hooking up the headphones to the dss2 I used my computer speakers. Sounds GREAT!! yea it's gonna matter what type of speakers your using but I'm still using them and saved me the money on a soundbar :D

as for the headset I only used it a couple times but for 20-30 bucks with out without rebate is pretty solid. Seemed like a step down from the x12's but not by much, especially when paired with the dss2. 

Whoa... didn't think of that.  I'll try hooking up my large bluetooth speaker to it

#13 TYBG   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   323 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:09 AM

Hey I have the Turtle Beach Ear Force XO's right now...would this be an upgrade? 

I have bigger ears and the pair I currently have are uncomfortable for the most part.

(either way ended up buying them because for $0.99 after rebate not gonna be too upset :D)

#14 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11839 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:12 AM

Be warned: I bought these during the last markdown in October when they are $20 after MIR.  I am STILL waiting for my rebate card.

EDIT:  Also, the headphones are pretty meh, but the DSS2 is worth it if you have any other compatible headphones.

#15 Gregtastic   NOOB CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Gregtastic

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:23 AM

Be aware that the stock adapter it comes with WILL NOT work with an X1 controller that has the built in 3.5mm jack. I can't speak on if it works with the headset adapter. I just purchased these and also had to purchase a proper 4-pin cable to allow chat with my X1 controller. There are cheaper ones out there, but I went with the official turtle beach ps4 talkback cable. Make sure the male piece going into your controller has 3 black bars and 4 metal sections or else you won't be able to use chat. Jealous that I got them a week or so ago when the price was $10 after rebate

Yes, need the conversion kit. Will make it a bit clearer.

Can either of you two link me to what you consider a conversion kit ? I bought a pair of audiotechnica headphones, an inline mic and a y adapter and it doesn't work despite reviews for all 3 products saying they have it working on Xbox one.

#16 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:30 AM

Can either of you two link me to what you consider a conversion kit ? I bought a pair of audiotechnica headphones, an inline mic and a y adapter and it doesn't work despite reviews for all 3 products saying they have it working on Xbox one.

Do you have the controller with the built in 3.5mm jack, or do you have the big blocked connected to the bottom of your controller?  I purchased this http://www.amazon.co... talkback cable  But if you get something where the part that plugs into the controller looks like this 41CjcSxwOjL._AA160_.jpg you should be fine.  I have the 3.5mm controller

edit: What do you mean it doesn't work?  Do you hear any sound at all?

#17 Gregtastic   NOOB CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Gregtastic

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:36 AM

Do you have the controller with the built in 3.5mm jack, or do you have the big blocked connected to the bottom of your controller?  I purchased this http://www.amazon.co... talkback cable  But if you get something where the part that plugs into the controller looks like this 41CjcSxwOjL._AA160_.jpg you should be fine.  I have the 3.5mm controller

edit: What do you mean it doesn't work?  Do you hear any sound at all?

Built in to controller. The headphones work for chat and game audio but it says no mic can be found.

I have thishttps://www.amazon.c...g?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#18 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:49 AM

Built in to controller. The headphones work for chat and game audio but it says no mic can be found.

I have thishttps://www.amazon.c...g?ie=UTF8&psc=1

have you tried updating the controller?  Sorry I can't be of more help.  You may just have a bad wire like some of those reviews claim

#19 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:57 AM

Is it set up like this?  If so, its probably the cable

#20 Gregtastic   NOOB CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Gregtastic

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:00 AM

have you tried updating the controller? Sorry I can't be of more help. You may just have a bad wire like some of those reviews claim

Well the controller doesn't show as having an update. But I haven't tried another controller or just seeing if the mic works on its own on the PC....

Anyway the one you linked me looks good but that is just the mic right ? I would still need an adapter that works too ? (Assuming mine is broken)

Ill YouTube that product though when I get off work to see more. And maybe contact the company I got my adapter from.

#21 Gregtastic   NOOB CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Gregtastic

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:14 AM

Is it set up like this? If so, its probably the cable

https://www.youtube....h?v=ULQVryCawF8

Yep set up like that only I have the 3.5 mm Jack in my controller no block. I'm gonna test the mic on my PC and if it works try and return the adapter and get a different one even though it says it works in the reviews.

#22 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:22 AM

Well the controller doesn't show as having an update. But I haven't tried another controller or just seeing if the mic works on its own on the PC....

Anyway the one you linked me looks good but that is just the mic right ? I would still need an adapter that works too ? (Assuming mine is broken)

Ill YouTube that product though when I get off work to see more. And maybe contact the company I got my adapter from.

No what I linked is just a wire with volume controls (which it doesn't have to have).  It's to connect the controller to the dxl1 headset so chat will work with the X1 controller.  There were cheaper options available (4-7 dollar range) but I just went with the official product and paid $14

#23 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4345 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:29 AM

Screenshot_20160414-212613.png

Looks like they are also adding in this 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable as a gift too with purchase

#24 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:42 AM

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20160414-212613.png

Looks like they are also adding in this 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable as a gift too with purchase

yes, but that won't work if you have the X1 controller with the 3.5mm jack built in

#25 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4345 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:45 AM

yes, but that won't work if you have the X1 controller with the 3.5mm jack built in

But it does if you have the headset adapter right?

#26 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:54 AM

But it does if you have the headset adapter right?

I don't know for certain, but my guess would be no.  Everything that adapter does is built into the 3.5 controller.  You need a connector with 3 black stripes instead of two for it to recognize that you have a mic

52d77a65-d68f-448f-9ca8-0a846d9a92c4.png

#27 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4345 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:55 AM

I don't know for certain, but my guess would be no. Everything that adapter does is built into the 3.5 controller. You need a connector with 3 black stripes instead of two for it to recognize that you have a mic

52d77a65-d68f-448f-9ca8-0a846d9a92c4.png

Okay, I have that. Thank you

#28 Gregtastic   NOOB CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Gregtastic

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:32 AM

No what I linked is just a wire with volume controls (which it doesn't have to have).  It's to connect the controller to the dxl1 headset so chat will work with the X1 controller.  There were cheaper options available (4-7 dollar range) but I just went with the official product and paid $14

Got you. I got excited for a second because I had a Toslink to 3.5 mm converter for non-Xbox One games to use my headphones with from my tv and then realized I had no volume control (tv can't control Toslink output and no volume on mics) from my mobile I almost thought that's what it was with a mic lol.

Anyway though......the mic works on my PC so I'm going to contact this company and see if they can do a replacement. If they ask for this cable back I might just order from a different seller.

EDIT: And it does have the three lines (although I'm sure technically there is more that goes into it then that) so I'm not sure why it doesn't work :(

#29 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:45 AM

Got you. I got excited for a second because I had a Toslink to 3.5 mm converter for non-Xbox One games to use my headphones with from my tv and then realized I had no volume control (tv can't control Toslink output and no volume on mics) from my mobile I almost thought that's what it was with a mic lol.

Anyway though......the mic works on my PC so I'm going to contact this company and see if they can do a replacement. If they ask for this cable back I might just order from a different seller.

EDIT: And it does have the three lines (although I'm sure technically there is more that goes into it then that) so I'm not sure why it doesn't work :(

can you plug that cable into your pc/laptop to test it?

#30 Gregtastic   NOOB CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Gregtastic

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:00 AM

can you plug that cable into your pc/laptop to test it?

Not sure how I would emulate the test since my PC/laptop both have separate headphone/mic jacks.

I just tried my PC....in the headphone jack it recognizes the headphone and works. In the microphone jack it recognizes a mic but doesn't work...

Let me look and make sure my laptop has separate jacks or maybe test on my phone.

EDIT: Adapter works on my phone, although it is Android and probably doesn't need the three lines like Apple/Xbox need. Let me find my sister and her iphone lol.