Turtle Beach Ear Force DXL1 Dolby Surround Sound Gaming Headset (Xbox 360) -- $0.99 AR + $2.99 Shipping at Newegg

Juganhut

CAGiversary!
Saw this on fatwallet forums. You can get extra 1% cash back if you go through their site as well.

Works with Xbox one (needs the conversion kit though) and comes with bonus adapter 3.5mm to 2.5mm.

Use code below, then when you get the headset then do mail in rebate. After mail in rebate came up to 3.98 for me because I don't have the free 2.99 shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874502023&Tpk=N82E16874502023
Promo Code: EMCETFT29

EDIT: Someone posted link to setup headset to XBOX One: http://www.turtlebeach.com/vendors/console-compatibility/images/setups/DXL1_Xbox-One-Compatability-modified.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Be aware that the stock adapter it comes with WILL NOT work with an X1 controller that has the built in 3.5mm jack.  I can't speak on if it works with the headset adapter.  I just purchased these and also had to purchase a proper 4-pin cable to allow chat with my X1 controller.  There are cheaper ones out there, but I went with the official turtle beach ps4 talkback cable.  Make sure the male piece going into your controller has 3 black bars and 4 metal sections or else you won't be able to use chat.  Jealous that I got them a week or so ago when the price was $10 after rebate

Damn. That's worth it just for the DSS2...
yes it is! I was on the search for a cheap soundbar for my tv to give rock band a lil better sound. nothing special just looking for something around 100 and never really found what I wanted but kept getting upset at my horrible tv sound quality.

Got me thinking about a temp fix. I took the Dss2, connected the the optical to my tv and then instead of hooking up the headphones to the dss2 I used my computer speakers. Sounds GREAT!! yea it's gonna matter what type of speakers your using but I'm still using them and saved me the money on a soundbar :D

as for the headset I only used it a couple times but for 20-30 bucks with out without rebate is pretty solid. Seemed like a step down from the x12's but not by much, especially when paired with the dss2.

yes it is! I was on the search for a cheap soundbar for my tv to give rock band a lil better sound. nothing special just looking for something around 100 and never really found what I wanted but kept getting upset at my horrible tv sound quality.

Got me thinking about a temp fix. I took the Dss2, connected the the optical to my tv and then instead of hooking up the headphones to the dss2 I used my computer speakers. Sounds GREAT!! yea it's gonna matter what type of speakers your using but I'm still using them and saved me the money on a soundbar :D

as for the headset I only used it a couple times but for 20-30 bucks with out without rebate is pretty solid. Seemed like a step down from the x12's but not by much, especially when paired with the dss2.
Whoa... didn't think of that. I'll try hooking up my large bluetooth speaker to it

Hey I have the Turtle Beach Ear Force XO's right now...would this be an upgrade? 

I have bigger ears and the pair I currently have are uncomfortable for the most part.

(either way ended up buying them because for $0.99 after rebate not gonna be too upset :D)

Be warned: I bought these during the last markdown in October when they are $20 after MIR.  I am STILL waiting for my rebate card.

EDIT:  Also, the headphones are pretty meh, but the DSS2 is worth it if you have any other compatible headphones.

Be aware that the stock adapter it comes with WILL NOT work with an X1 controller that has the built in 3.5mm jack. I can't speak on if it works with the headset adapter. I just purchased these and also had to purchase a proper 4-pin cable to allow chat with my X1 controller. There are cheaper ones out there, but I went with the official turtle beach ps4 talkback cable. Make sure the male piece going into your controller has 3 black bars and 4 metal sections or else you won't be able to use chat. Jealous that I got them a week or so ago when the price was $10 after rebate
Yes, need the conversion kit. Will make it a bit clearer.
Can either of you two link me to what you consider a conversion kit ? I bought a pair of audiotechnica headphones, an inline mic and a y adapter and it doesn't work despite reviews for all 3 products saying they have it working on Xbox one.

Can either of you two link me to what you consider a conversion kit ? I bought a pair of audiotechnica headphones, an inline mic and a y adapter and it doesn't work despite reviews for all 3 products saying they have it working on Xbox one.
Do you have the controller with the built in 3.5mm jack, or do you have the big blocked connected to the bottom of your controller? I purchased this http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Force-PlayStation-Talkback-Windscreen/dp/B00HRKF0PG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460680089&sr=8-1&keywords=playstation+4+talkback+cable But if you get something where the part that plugs into the controller looks like this
41CjcSxwOjL._AA160_.jpg
you should be fine. I have the 3.5mm controller

edit: What do you mean it doesn't work? Do you hear any sound at all?

Do you have the controller with the built in 3.5mm jack, or do you have the big blocked connected to the bottom of your controller? I purchased this http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Force-PlayStation-Talkback-Windscreen/dp/B00HRKF0PG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460680089&sr=8-1&keywords=playstation+4+talkback+cable But if you get something where the part that plugs into the controller looks like this
41CjcSxwOjL._AA160_.jpg
you should be fine. I have the 3.5mm controller

edit: What do you mean it doesn't work? Do you hear any sound at all?
Built in to controller. The headphones work for chat and game audio but it says no mic can be found.

I have thishttps://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004SP0WAQ/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is it set up like this?  If so, its probably the cable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULQVryCawF8

have you tried updating the controller? Sorry I can't be of more help. You may just have a bad wire like some of those reviews claim
Well the controller doesn't show as having an update. But I haven't tried another controller or just seeing if the mic works on its own on the PC....

Anyway the one you linked me looks good but that is just the mic right ? I would still need an adapter that works too ? (Assuming mine is broken)

Ill YouTube that product though when I get off work to see more. And maybe contact the company I got my adapter from.

Well the controller doesn't show as having an update. But I haven't tried another controller or just seeing if the mic works on its own on the PC....

Anyway the one you linked me looks good but that is just the mic right ? I would still need an adapter that works too ? (Assuming mine is broken)

Ill YouTube that product though when I get off work to see more. And maybe contact the company I got my adapter from.
No what I linked is just a wire with volume controls (which it doesn't have to have). It's to connect the controller to the dxl1 headset so chat will work with the X1 controller. There were cheaper options available (4-7 dollar range) but I just went with the official product and paid $14

[attachment=21433:Screenshot_20160414-212613.png]

Looks like they are also adding in this 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable as a gift too with purchase

But it does if you have the headset adapter right?
I don't know for certain, but my guess would be no. Everything that adapter does is built into the 3.5 controller. You need a connector with 3 black stripes instead of two for it to recognize that you have a mic

52d77a65-d68f-448f-9ca8-0a846d9a92c4.png

No what I linked is just a wire with volume controls (which it doesn't have to have). It's to connect the controller to the dxl1 headset so chat will work with the X1 controller. There were cheaper options available (4-7 dollar range) but I just went with the official product and paid $14
Got you. I got excited for a second because I had a Toslink to 3.5 mm converter for non-Xbox One games to use my headphones with from my tv and then realized I had no volume control (tv can't control Toslink output and no volume on mics) from my mobile I almost thought that's what it was with a mic lol.

Anyway though......the mic works on my PC so I'm going to contact this company and see if they can do a replacement. If they ask for this cable back I might just order from a different seller.

EDIT: And it does have the three lines (although I'm sure technically there is more that goes into it then that) so I'm not sure why it doesn't work :(

Got you. I got excited for a second because I had a Toslink to 3.5 mm converter for non-Xbox One games to use my headphones with from my tv and then realized I had no volume control (tv can't control Toslink output and no volume on mics) from my mobile I almost thought that's what it was with a mic lol.

Anyway though......the mic works on my PC so I'm going to contact this company and see if they can do a replacement. If they ask for this cable back I might just order from a different seller.

EDIT: And it does have the three lines (although I'm sure technically there is more that goes into it then that) so I'm not sure why it doesn't work :(
can you plug that cable into your pc/laptop to test it?

can you plug that cable into your pc/laptop to test it?
Not sure how I would emulate the test since my PC/laptop both have separate headphone/mic jacks.

I just tried my PC....in the headphone jack it recognizes the headphone and works. In the microphone jack it recognizes a mic but doesn't work...

Let me look and make sure my laptop has separate jacks or maybe test on my phone.

EDIT: Adapter works on my phone, although it is Android and probably doesn't need the three lines like Apple/Xbox need. Let me find my sister and her iphone lol.

Be warned: I bought these during the last markdown in October when they are $20 after MIR. I am STILL waiting for my rebate card.

EDIT: Also, the headphones are pretty meh, but the DSS2 is worth it if you have any other compatible headphones.
Paypal? Why not dispute the purchase?

Hi, anyway to test this if you dont have a xbox one controller with the 3.5mm jack built in? Got PC, Iphone, Android Phone, PS3, Xbox 360 and xbox one.

Yes. Not sure what everyone talk about the DRR2 adapter?
Okay got it. It's the surround sound adapter that comes with this headset. It would connect to your gaming system, and then you plug the headphones into it. You can adjust hearing angles, volume, and other settings

Okay got it. It's the surround sound adapter that comes with this headset. It would connect to your gaming system, and then you plug the headphones into it. You can adjust hearing angles, volume, and other settings
Ordered since dont have headphones for xbox one. What is the conversion kit people were talking about?

Oh, got a vmoda-80 headphones and a sony ps4 gold headphones. The sony still new in box. Anyone know what the ps4 gold headphones good for?

Yeah, I'd been checking it for several months. A few weeks back (end of march, beginning of April) it finally updated to this:

Your submission has been processed and your response has been mailed. You should receive it by April 27, 2016.

I take it to mean they hadn't actually mailed it yet, because a month to deliver is slow, even by pony express standards.

Thanks OP!!! Came out just over $5 for me with shipping and tax. Hate mail in rebate but this is a great deal, hopefully a big upgrade over plugging my $5 sony headphone to the back of the tv... lol

Not sure if you even still care but it wasn't even the adapter -_-....it was the Xbox One itself somehow. I tested the new adapter today and it didn't work. So, having read a few more people with these problems, I thought my plight was not the same because my official Xbox chat set worked. But sure enough, plugged that in and it didn't work either!!!! Unplugged the Xbox from the outlet for 30 seconds, turned it back on, official chat set worked as well as adapters. Man Microsoft can suck sometimes.

Not sure if you even still care but it wasn't even the adapter -_-....it was the Xbox One itself somehow. I tested the new adapter today and it didn't work. So, having read a few more people with these problems, I thought my plight was not the same because my official Xbox chat set worked. But sure enough, plugged that in and it didn't work either!!!! Unplugged the Xbox from the outlet for 30 seconds, turned it back on, official chat set worked as well as adapters. Man Microsoft can suck sometimes.
Lol... I guess unplugging things really does fix them

Lol... I guess unplugging things really does fix them
Goes for all electronics. My fiance always bitches about her iphone not working right and every time I asked if she rebooted it. Nope. She finally does and it works just fine afterwards.

bread's done
Back