1tb Xbox One with 5 games $350 Microsoftstore.com(spring bundle)

only the free game is physical, but still one hell of a deal

also, this is the same price, minus the free game at gamestop

and $290 at ebay without halo 5/free game

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are preparing for the imminent "Slim" model that will most likely be announced at E3, still one great deal for the price

I think they are preparing for the imminent "Slim" model that will most likely be announced at E3, still one great deal for the price
Possibly but this isn't like the 360 where the new model has to fix some significant hardware issue. There is literally no reason to get the slim unless you just want something new and shiny

4877018_5470338eebd5d3f7a769483899e6a782-2.jpg

I think digital is the way to go nowadays MS has come out and said they want it to be like Steam where your games follow you on their consoles. Yes there is no resale but you have your games anywhere as long as you log into an your account. They take up the same amount of hard drive since you're installing the full game anyway, the only difference right now is the resale possibility. Otherwise if you keep your games you might be better off with digital in the long run can't lose them and can't scratch them up. (Unless of course you're into box art and collections.)

Digital copies of the games is the dealbreaker.
Why is that? I prefer digital if I'm being honest. It's super convenient. Half my battle with a giant backlog is looking through my games list and deciding what I want to play (I don't always have a lot of time or energy). If I have to physically get up and look for a disc to play it.. forget about it. It's not worth the hassle.

I think digital is the way to go nowadays MS has come out and said they want it to be like Steam where your games follow you on their consoles. Yes there is no resale but you have your games anywhere as long as you log into an your account. They take up the same amount of hard drive since you're installing the full game anyway, the only difference right now is the resale possibility. Otherwise if you keep your games you might be better off with digital in the long run can't lose them and can't scratch them up. (Unless of course you're into box art and collections.)
as long as i have to pay a premium to get it digital over physical (20% off at best buy/amazon) its a no go. they save money in packaging, shipping, and marketing (paying for shelf space, store promos), they should pass on the savings.

Why is that? I prefer digital if I'm being honest. It's super convenient. Half my battle with a giant backlog is looking through my games list and deciding what I want to play (I don't always have a lot of time or energy). If I have to physically get up and look for a disc to play it.. forget about it. It's not worth the hassle.
No Gamers Club or decent discounts.

New games rarely go on sale. Physical copies always get the better sale prices.

No reselling or trade-ins. No borrowing games.

The main thing is you legally don't own a digital game. Read the Terms and Conditions when you buy your next digital game. They can remove the game from your account at any time, though I have never heard of that happening. If your account gets banned, you lose access to your entire library. I've read a number of stories about innocent people having their account hacked and ended up permanently banned. They then jump through all of these hoops with customer service to try to get things straightened out but in the end, they received no help whatsoever.

as long as i have to pay a premium to get it digital over physical (20% off at best buy/amazon) its a no go. they save money in packaging, shipping, and marketing (paying for shelf space, store promos), they should pass on the savings.

These games are "free" pack ins, so you wouldn't be paying more for them. In this case you would be paying less.

good deal there

I like physical and digital but it's cool to buy physical and then get digital copies free with GWG
Stuff like this is a good reason I go physical. I'll gladly get games at release, but I'd never spend full price on a game unless I knew I could trade it in, loan it, etc. I usually buy physical, trade it eventually (sometimes several months after release) and then wait for it to go cheap on a good digital sale or GWG or PS Plus so I can own it forever. Physical games just offer too many benefits at this point and digital is way too limiting in comparison.

Stuff like this is a good reason I go physical. I'll gladly get games at release, but I'd never spend full price on a game unless I knew I could trade it in, loan it, etc. I usually buy physical, trade it eventually (sometimes several months after release) and then wait for it to go cheap on a good digital sale or GWG or PS Plus so I can own it forever. Physical games just offer too many benefits at this point and digital is way too limiting in comparison.
if they started flash sales and did more "complete" digital editions like psn they would improve their digital sales imo

I think a lot of us are coming around to the idea of digital we just need a slight push with deals we can't refuse

These games are "free" pack ins, so you wouldn't be paying more for them. In this case you would be paying less.
I was just commenting on digital vs physical, not this deal. however, to that argument i would point to the gamestop link i provided, as those are all physical games except for ori which was only available digitally.

Since we're on the topic - I'm kinda disappointed in myself for getting almost 3 years into this console gen and still buying physical games. I usually don't trade or sell my games, so the hassle of having to switch games manually is starting to annoy me. I like having the box and the option to resell later, but the convenience is digital can't be denied. Sure, DRM scandals can be offputting (like when are they going to shut down servers or deny future use of a digital game - something I don't think will ever happen just so long as it's not an always online game like Titanfall or Destiny), but by the time something like that would happen, you A) would have long since stopped playing the game, or B) physical copies will be so cheap that you could get it for like $2. Just weighing in on this topic

Since we're on the topic - I'm kinda disappointed in myself for getting almost 3 years into this console gen and still buying physical games. I usually don't trade or sell my games, so the hassle of having to switch games manually is starting to annoy me. I like having the box and the option to resell later, but the convenience is digital can't be denied. Sure, DRM scandals can be offputting (like when are they going to shut down servers or deny future use of a digital game - something I don't think will ever happen just so long as it's not an always online game like Titanfall or Destiny), but by the time something like that would happen, you A) would have long since stopped playing the game, or B) physical copies will be so cheap that you could get it for like $2. Just weighing in on this topic
I wish I went full digital for the 360 and ps3 tbh

file size compared to later life hard drive sizes was perfect for it. I didn't even have highspeed internet for most of the ps3/360 cycle anyway so it's not like I had much of a choice

This gen I still love digital but file sizes are ridiculous and will only get larger and I think that will be what keeps physical relevant for those that don't have fast net or unlimited.

I think as far as the servers go I figure the odds of sony or microsoft completely screwing our digital collections over are about the same odds as a house fire that destroys our physical collections. Nothing is completely safe and since the integration of internet into console gaming it's made collecting different forever.

someday the hard drives will fail and the servers will go down and we will all have to go back to staring at the cartridges on the walls during the Apocalypse during the daytime because we will have no power to turn them on or illuminate the man caves they reside in

About digital vs physical, I have plenty of both for Xbox and ps4. If it's a game I know I'll love and return to alot, I'll get it digitally. But sometimes I do want the physical copy just to have any bonus like a Steelbook. That's how I'm feeling toward Uncharted 4 currently.

The point of my rambling, last week I found myself without Internet for the first time this console generation. The games I was currently playing at the time, I had owned digitally. Because I "gameshare" with my sons ps4, none of my digital games could be played on my console. And on Xbox, where I was playing Quantum Break, I couldn't watch the "TV show" since it streams. Sure this isn't something that happens all the time but it's still something to think about.

If you are a member here, you can get psn & Xbox credit at a discount, so you still aren't paying full price on digital games. And if you gameshare or have multiple gamers/systems, digital gets you two copies instead of one. I've purchased The Division digitally, so my son and I can both play together at the same time, this wouldn't be possible with the physical version.

No Gamers Club or decent discounts.
New games rarely go on sale. Physical copies always get the better sale prices.
No reselling or trade-ins. No borrowing games.

The main thing is you legally don't own a digital game. Read the Terms and Conditions when you buy your next digital game. They can remove the game from your account at any time, though I have never heard of that happening. If your account gets banned, you lose access to your entire library. I've read a number of stories about innocent people having their account hacked and ended up permanently banned. They then jump through all of these hoops with customer service to try to get things straightened out but in the end, they received no help whatsoever.
This. You have a revocable license to use the games. I don't trust these companies enough to spend more than $5 on a digital game. I only have bought digital Vita games (for $5 or less on PSN sales) so I don't have to carry around the carts, which I also have and bought at dirt cheap prices.

This. You have a revocable license to use the games. I don't trust these companies enough to spend more than $5 on a digital game. I only have bought digital Vita games (for $5 or less on PSN sales) so I don't have to carry around the carts, which I also have and bought at dirt cheap prices.
I would assume if they ever did anything shady on a large scale they would do way more damage to their reputations and profits than any benefit of screwing over gamers involving digital

Digital is the future and playstation and microsoft aren't going anywhere

Pissing off people in that way seems very unlikely to me

I would assume if they ever did anything shady on a large scale they would do way more damage to their reputations and profits than any benefit of screwing over gamers involving digital

Except they have already pissed off a number of people by doing this. It happened to the PSP and Playstation Mobile. Everybody lost access to the games they purchased unless it was downloaded prior to the shutdown. That was a little over a year ago.

Except they have already pissed off a number of people by doing this. It happened to the PSP and Playstation Mobile. Everybody lost access to the games they purchased unless it was downloaded prior to the shutdown. That was a little over a year ago.
I don't handheld so I hadn't heard about that.

I guess my hunch was wrong, they did it and the gamers didn't attack their profits

I'll hold a funeral for my digital game collection when I get home

They will continue to do things in small increments. The "digital revolution" is great for the publishers and bad for consumers. They've already convinced a majority of consumers to pay $60 for terribly incomplete games...

I was on the physical side of the war for all the reasons mentioned in this thread, until I started game sharing. My buddy and I play pretty much everything coop or multiplayer online together. 

Possibly but this isn't like the 360 where the new model has to fix some significant hardware issue. There is literally no reason to get the slim unless you just want something new and shiny
We dont know for sure till its actually announced though. They havent said if its the same, or changed up somehow. Wait till MS actually says something before claiming fact.

At the least Id say it will probably be streamlined to be more energy efficient or what not.

Just wanted to let you guys know that Halo 5, Gears of War and Rare Replay are all physical in this bundle. Just got mine today. Gears and Rare Replay come in same case stacked on top of each other.

This would be tempting if they weren't releasing a slightly more powerful Xbox One to combat the PlayStation 4 Neo and the Nintendo NX being released at the end of the year.

This is a great deal and everything there just aren't any Xbox exclusives I want except that ori one. I never got into halo and Gears.

Man that's a smokin' deal. It's the TB that puts it over the top. This is the same I paid 1.5 years back and didn't get anywhere near as good games, plus got the industry standard 500GB which was a terrible decision on both MS and Sony's part.

Sony's gotta get off the stingy wagon... Strange I can't get a Star Wars bundle (which is old and not even that good) for $300 or less.

bread's done
Back