Best inexpensive router?

awp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
My current router is decent but its range kinda sucks so looking up upgrade to one with better range and signal strength. But also would prefer to stay under like $70.

Any suggestions?

Mutilplayer still will works well on my consoles, but my tablets, phones, etc. are poor in areas of my house.

And yes, I have tried extenders but would need multiple to reall do they trick and they aren't cheap either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had numerous ASUS routers (RT-N66U, RT-AC68U and RT-AC3200) and they've all worked like tanks and never had any issues with any of them.  The RT-N66U goes on sale from time to time under the $90 mark, though the rest of them are in the $120+ range.

My AC3200 works as my main router and my AC68U is working as an AP, handling numerous devices on my network without any real coverage gaps.

I just signed up for Comcast as my cable ISP. Do you guys have any good suggestions for a combo modem and router? I came across a TP Link Archer CR700 but it has above average reviews for $160 on Amazon. I was hoping I’d find a better deal than that. Even though I’d still save money in the long run by avoiding to pay the monthly $10 rental fee, I’d like to recoup my upfront costs even sooner.

Im in the same boat as above CAGr^^^ except im going with TWC and i also need help to pick out a reliable modem/router combo .Any help is greatly appreciated

Why would you want a combo modem / router?  Always have the modem be a separate device from the router, as you can upgrade the router or the modem without needing to find a new combo device. 

For convenience and not expecting to upgrade my modem for a long time. The slowest speed Comcast gives me is the 100mbs downstream so I figured with the current combos out there that I wouldn’t need to upgrade for a good long while. The speed fits my gaming and streaming needs as I’ve been playing with my consoles and watching HBO Go pretty fine through my DVR. I suppose down the line when I factor in 4K tech and the next gen consoles that will eventually arrive upgrading a modem instead of a combo makes more sense. But I’m assuming I won’t need to upgrade a separate modem for a long time anyway since my current speeds are more than sufficient for me.

To get a good deal though, I’m not opposed to getting a separate modem and router. I’m open to the idea.

bread's done
Back