- - - - -

UnitedHealthcare to exit most Obamacare exchanges

#31 mrsilkunderwear   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   1701 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

mrsilkunderwear

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:47 PM

Believe me no one is getting by with gov't assistance.

You do know gov't assistance is WIDELY supported by RICH people and Corporations because in turn they can than pay less in wages

Did you know if you pick up a book on economics then you might learn a thing or two?

#32 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:53 PM

Did you know if you pick up a book on economics then you might learn a thing or two?

Did you know that REAL LIFE and BEING OUT IN THE WORLD teaches you far more than a book ever will

Apparently alot of CEOs, WALL STREET, Corporate businesses missed "reading" Business ETHICS 101 ;)

#33 Righteous Nixon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Righteous Nixon

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:17 AM

I live in Oakland County, Michigan, which is a really nice part of suburban Metro Detroit. One of the best aspect to living here is I am just a hop skip and a jump away from the Canadian Border. Windsor Canada is literally right across the Detroit river, pretty much directly across from downtown Detroit. A short trip across the Ambassador Bridge and your in Canada. 

If Trump gets in and decides to cut off all of the people on government assistance, or even just cut government assistance by a significant amount, I am literally loading up my car with my precious metals and getting into Canada ASAP!! Theft, break in's, robberies, assault, and even murder rates will absolutely SKYROCKET. Depending on the source, roughly 35%-39% of the population of Detroit lives in poverty. The per capita income is just $14,984 and the median houshold income is just $26, 095. You take away government assistance or even cut it by a significant margin and the proverbial sh*t is going to hit the fan. And not just in Detroit. Republicans just have no clue the shi*storm that would be set loose upon the country. Honestly, as soon as that announcement was made, I would literally be across the Canadian Border faster than you can say Canuck. 

#34 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:25 AM

I live in Oakland County, Michigan, which is a really nice part of suburban Metro Detroit. One of the best aspect to living here is I am just a hop skip and a jump away from the Canadian Border. Windsor Canada is literally right across the Detroit river, pretty much directly across from downtown Detroit. A short trip across the Ambassador Bridge and your in Canada. 

If Trump gets in and decides to cut off all of the people on government assistance, or even just cut government assistance by a significant amount, I am literally loading up my car with my precious metals and getting into Canada ASAP!! Theft, break in's, robberies, assault, and even murder rates will absolutely SKYROCKET. Depending on the source, roughly 35%-39% of the population of Detroit lives in poverty. The per capita income is just $14,984 and the median houshold income is just $26, 095. You take away government assistance or even cut it by a significant margin and the proverbial sh*t is going to hit the fan. And not just in Detroit. Republicans just have no clue the shi*storm that would set loose upon the country. Honestly, as soon as the announcement was made, I would be across the Canadian Border faster than you can say Canuck. 

and that is the problem people think they are  OWE it...  o you cut my  stuff and im going to riot instead of going out and looking for a job. 

Just like the teenager who was just shot and killed in florida  breaking into a home. His aunt goes   how else  is he to get money   other then robbing other people .  Cause they dont think they have to work

#35 Righteous Nixon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Righteous Nixon

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:56 PM

and that is the problem people think they are  OWE it...  o you cut my  stuff and im going to riot instead of going out and looking for a job. 

Just like the teenager who was just shot and killed in florida  breaking into a home. His aunt goes   how else  is he to get money   other then robbing other people .  Cause they dont think they have to work

The system is far from perfect. Then again, you could say that about every single aspect of US society these days. That doesnt mean you just cut people off and let them starve. I wont deny changes need to be made, but there needs to be government assisstance for people that need help. There should be restrictions in place for the people that abuse the system. That I wont argue with at all, but people that think government assisstance is just people looking to take advantage of the government or get a free ride are living in la la land. Sure, there are people like that out there, but there are also people that legitiately need help and aren't just looking for a free ride. In fact, my mother is actually the perfect example of someone that legitimatelly needed help and she used the help she got to lift hersefl up out of poverty and eventually off of government assistance altogether. 

My father left my mother when I was 10. He left her with 3 kids (I have 2 older sisters), nothing but a high school education, and he left her in pretty serious debt. And when I say he took off, I mean he took off. We had no idea where he was and he didn't pay a single penny of child support. My mom got on a goverment assisstance program where she actually got paid more to go to night school. Not only did the government pay for the classes, but she also got more money from the government each month as a result of her taking those classes. Basically it was an incentive program for people on government assistance to get off thier ass and take classes and learn a new skill and she took advantage of it. And the additional amount she got paid for taking classes was considerable. If I remember properly, it was like an extra $100-$125 a week, which was a considerable amount back in 1981. 

I think she was on government assisitance for 3-4 years total. She eventually started her own insurance business and became one of the largest independent agents in Detroit. There was a roughly 10 year stetch where was she making over $300,000 a year and she was in the roughly 40% tax bracket so the government wound up getting back more in a single year of taxes from her than the total amount it paid out to her when she was on government assistance. She just turned 72 and she is still working 30 hours a week. Honestly, I have yet to meet her equal in regards to her work ethic. For the last 20+ years, she has worked 6, sometimes 7 days a week and put in 60-70+ hours a week. One of my sisters went to work with her like 15 years ago and wil likely take over the business when she finally decides to retire. She NEVER would have been able to accomplish what she did without government assistance. 

So being someone that was in a position to see just what good can come from government assistance....well, it gets really tiresome hearing from people like you that make government assistance out to be this terrible thing and that tries to make everyone on government assistance out to be lazy people just looking for free rides. That simply isn't reality. Not even close in fact. There are a LOT of people out there that hit points in thier life where they legitmately need help and aren't just looking to sit on the couch for the rest of thier life while the government foots the bill. And there absolutely needs to be assistance for people like that. To make people like that suffer because some people take advantage of the system is ludicrous and thankfully, nobody has been dumb enough to severly cut government assistance up to this point. Again, the proverbial sh*tstorm that would cause in every major US city would be nothing short of terifying. 

#36 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:18 PM

The system is far from perfect. Then again, you could say that about every single aspect of US society these days. That doesnt mean you just cut people off and let them starve. I wont deny changes need to be made, but there needs to be government assisstance for people that need help. There should be restrictions in place for the people that abuse the system. That I wont argue with at all, but people that think government assisstance is just people looking to take advantage of the government or get a free ride are living in la la land. Sure, there are people like that out there, but there are also people that legitiately need help and aren't just looking for a free ride. In fact, my mother is actually the perfect example of someone that legitimatelly needed help and she used the help she got to lift hersefl up out of poverty and eventually off of government assistance altogether. 

My father left my mother when I was 10. He left her with 3 kids (I have 2 older sisters), nothing but a high school education, and he left her in pretty serious debt. And when I say he took off, I mean he took off. We had no idea where he was and he didn't pay a single penny of child support. My mom got on a goverment assisstance program where she actually got paid more to go to night school. Not only did the government pay for the classes, but she also got more money from the government each month as a result of her taking those classes. Basically it was an incentive program for people on government assistance to get off thier ass and take classes and learn a new skill and she took advantage of it. And the additional amount she got paid for taking classes was considerable. If I remember properly, it was like an extra $100-$125 a week, which was a considerable amount back in 1981. 

I think she was on government assisitance for 3-4 years total. She eventually started her own insurance business and became one of the largest independent agents in Detroit. There was a roughly 10 year stetch where was she making over $300,000 a year and she was in the roughly 40% tax bracket so the government wound up getting back more in a single year of taxes from her than the total amount it paid out to her when she was on government assistance. She just turned 72 and she is still working 30 hours a week. Honestly, I have yet to meet her equal in regards to her work ethic. For the last 20+ years, she has worked 6, sometimes 7 days a week and put in 60-70+ hours a week. One of my sisters went to work with her like 15 years ago and wil likely take over the business when she finally decides to retire. She NEVER would have been able to accomplish what she did without government assistance. 

So it gets tiresome hearing from people like you that make government assistance out to be this terrible thing and that everyone on government assistance are just people looking for free rides. That simply isn't reality. Not even close in fact. There are a LOT of people out there that hit points in thier life where they legitmately need help and aren't just looking to sit on the couch for the rest of thier life while the government foots the bill. 

wrong, back then people wanted to get off  of the aid   now its like  they think they are  Owe it.  Look at the last  10 years on how many people  went on food stamps.  They did not need it but took it.   

#37 Righteous Nixon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Righteous Nixon

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:27 PM

wrong, back then people wanted to get off  of the aid   now its like  they think they are  Owe it.  Look at the last  10 years on how many people  went on food stamps.  They did not need it but took it.   

Honestly, your so full of it, I am surprised you literally havent exploded yet. If your going to look at the last 10 years, then you also have to look at the housing and financial crash of 2008. There is a legitmate reason why the number of people looking to get assistance has risen dramatically over the last 10 years. Clearly your just not smart enough to connect the dots. To just write that increase off as just more people looking for free rides has to be one of the single most ignorant statments I have heard yet on the internet and that is saying something as you hear a lot of ignorant crap on the internet. 

To say that the middle class in the US has absolutely been decimated over the last 10 years is a MASSIVE understatement. Go and learn about why that is and you might actually start to understand why there has been such a large increase in government assistance in recent years. Get proactive and actually try learning something. 

Here, I will even help you out and get you started.

Goodbye Middle Class

http://www.washingto...ars-a-year.html

The Incredibly Shrinking American Middle Class

http://billmoyers.co...n-middle-class/

The hurting middle class

http://www.oecdobser...ddle_class.html

This is why the middle class can’t get ahead

http://www.pbs.org/n...cant-get-ahead/

5 Ways the Middle Class Is Getting Screwed

http://townhall.com/...crewed-n1951126

America's middle class is hurting, and that's why Trump is popular

http://fortune.com/2...a-middle-class/

And this is just a tiny tiny fraction of the articles out there explaining whats happening with the middle class. While your at it, do a search on the current state of the economy and the current state of forclosures. And here is a little graphic that helps explain why there was such a large increase in government assistance since 2007-2008. 

StateUnemploy2Mar2016.PNG

Of course, if we go by your brilliant deductions, one would have to surmise that somewhere around the time of January 2008 and January 2009, unemployment rates increased by 6-7% (in almost all 50 states) simply from people deciding they didn't want to work anymore and instead wanted to get government assisstance, simply becasue they thought they were owed as much. And in Jan 2009 unemployment actually increased by as much as 11% in roughly 11 states. Whats shocking is that such a massive number of people across almost all 50 states decided to do this at roughly the same time. Let me guess, it was a huge coordinated social media movement to stop working and get on government assisstance, simply becasue people thought thats what they were owed. 

#38 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7125 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:43 PM

Over the past few years I always get weary over the jobs report, saying there are more jobs and then they add that more jobs are low-wage paying jobs. And only by getting those jobs can you actually get government assistance in many states, especially when you'd have to go through another labyrinthine routine to prove that you're not disabled. Sure let's believe that Trump can make everything better, when he sure doesn't in a business venture he's engaged in.

#39 UncleBob  

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:43 PM

Not to mention a mom & pop garage isn't going to be hiding their profits in offshore banking accounts to avoid paying taxes (ie. the reason people are against "the billionaire class").

Wait, people are against rich people hiding their money in offshore accounts?

So.... why is Clinton getting the nomination after the Panama papers leaked?