Wii U: Tokyo Mirage Sessions Fire Emblem Special Edition UP!

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
For us Fire Emblem fans who will buy anything ...

UPDATE: BB seems to have more in stock. I just checked out. So give it a shot. Click link below. 

UPDATE: BB is now out of stock. =(

UPDATE: This is up on BB now! So much for GS Amazon exclusive. Thanks gftgrill! 

LINK:: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-special-edition-nintendo-wii-u/5280030.p?id=bb5280030&skuId=5280030&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-zVvZlBVnzfmAV6tIkagnMw

UpdateAmazon is OOS.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EO1WURQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_1wchxbSYKV0X4

You can still purchase this from Gamestop. 

Earlier –

The Collector edition will only be sold at Gamestop and Amazon. 

Link to Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-special-edition/130255

For those who want more information: http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/20/11466822/nintendo-tokyo-mirage-sessions-special-edition-wii-u

WiiU_TokyoMirageSessions_FE_bundle.0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW: Here are two cult games combined as one that is coming out toward the end of a system's life cycle. As a collector edition. 

These are the circumstances you wait for. It's the perfect storm. And here it is, looking you right in the face. 

From GS.com:

gamestop.com said:
Slay monsters - and slay like a pop star - all at the same time, in this brand-new RPG from acclaimed developer Atlus. A sinister force from another dimension has invaded modern-day Tokyo, resulting in a fantastical barrage of style, fashion, music, and, of course, danger. So fight back - command your creative potential, save the world...and become a star.
So the FE part of the game is the slaying of monsters, and the whatever other part is singing or dancing or something?

From GS.com:

So the FE part of the game is the slaying of monsters, and the whatever other part is singing or dancing or something?
TBH, and I have been following this game for a while, I am not really sure what it is about. But there is strategy and there is Fire Emblem so I am buying it. Plus, get to play on big screen.

Edit: This is how most Fire Emblem fans think, I would assume =D

Edit #2: At one point I know there were rumors that it was also going to get cancelled, for whatever that is worth.

It's been up for a like a day now... but nobody cares b/c everyone's waiting for Amazon. After tax and shipping, GS is almost $20 more than Amazon for me. 

From GS.com:

It's basically what if you took an SMT game and crossed it with FE stuff. It's got FE characters and Persona styling but it's mainly SMT gameplay with FE's weapon system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwoM_dT21vA

This looks so much like a Persona game that I am hyped up for it. Can't wait to get it on Amazon with a Prime discount, since I can't use Best Buy GCU (thanks Nintendo)

This looks so much like a Persona game that I am hyped up for it. Can't wait to get it on Amazon with a Prime discount, since I can't use Best Buy GCU (thanks Nintendo)
They definitely made the right choice in styling it like Persona 4 since that seems to be far more popular than any of the main SMT games. I mean how do you not love this trailer? I wind up watching it multiple times anytime this game comes up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fS24IxelBA

You can already tell it's going to be made of the shitty box material used for Xenoblade Chronicles X CE. Order 2 to have a better shot of a non crushed one.

I hate how Gamestop charges shipping on EVERYTHING
No kidding, but if it was out they would let you get free shipping. Makes it easier to say no to ordering stuff from them at least.

You can already tell it's going to be made of the shitty box material used for Xenoblade Chronicles X CE. Order 2 to have a better shot of a non crushed one.

Yep, looks like the exact same packaging with different printing.

Because Nintendo? If I had to guess, there are backroom shenanigans going on. I've see this happen occasionally with other games
Because Nintendo indeed. No one else probably wants a niche big box Wii U game at this point and BBY still has the Xenoblade X ones.

It's been up for a like a day now... but nobody cares b/c everyone's waiting for Amazon. After tax and shipping, GS is almost $20 more than Amazon for me.
Yeah 20% less, free shipping, no handling fee. Plus I don't like to feed the beast.

I almost pulled the trigger at lamestop but for this I'd rather miss out than order from them. So I'll wait for amazon.

I know I sound foolish, but I thought this was one of those random JRPGs that come out for the vita like once a week, I didnt know this was the Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei that was announced 2 years ago. As a result, its back on my radar, thanks OP. 

I hate how Gamestop charges shipping on EVERYTHING
Yeah, guess the old trusty SAVER code doesn't work for box sets or limited editions?

It works for the standard edition of the game. You can get free shipping over $24.99 by using the SAVER code, but for the Special Edtion that code does not seem to work.

I know I sound foolish, but I thought this was one of those random JRPGs that come out for the vita like once a week, I didnt know this was the Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei that was announced 2 years ago. As a result, its back on my radar, thanks OP.
I don't think it's foolish at all... I don't get why they would they changed the name. Both Persona and Fire Emblem have very solid followings and brand recognition. Something like Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE just sounds like a mix of random words.

Part of me is certain that some big shot at NoA hates FE and will do anything to sabotage the series potential for success.

I'm likely what most would consider a hardcore fan of Fire Emblem and don't want this since it barely has anything to do with the series. If you're going in expecting a gameplay experience resembling any of those games, you'll be extremely disappointed. Not attempting to dump on those who want it, but instead trying to make it clear for anyone who doesn't know what to expect (though even a quick look at the trailers should make that abundantly clear, regardless).

This is basically an Atlus game with some Fire Emblem window dressing.

Part of me is certain that some big shot at NoA hates FE and will do anything to sabotage the series potential for success.
The Japanese version could be translated as Illusory Revelation Sharp FE, so it's not just the American side of things this time around.

I don't think it's foolish at all... I don't get why they would they changed the name. Both Persona and Fire Emblem have very solid followings and brand recognition. Something like Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE just sounds like a mix of random words.

TMS is SMT backwards. When I type it out, it sounds like a dumb conspiracy thing to point out, but everyone seems convinced it was intentional.

SMTxFE, get it right! ;)

This is an Atlus game so they most likely are making the decisions on it. SMT is not a mainstream brand in the west and Persona probably borders on it but is still niche. FE has really broken out with Awakening so they're probably trying to capitalize on that but it is still a bunch of alphabet soup for western audiences.

SMTxFE was never anything more than a place holder and the cross naming convention is not understood by western audiences at all, see this thread.
Nintendo isn't the only company that makes retailer exclusive special editions.
No but almost all their CEs for the last good while have been GS exclusive.

Guess I'm slow but is thus Shin Megami TenseI X Fire Emblem???
Yes, they announced its actual title a couple months ago.

I'm pretty sure the fan base of those 2 series don't need to have the names in the title to know what it is. Those 2 franchises are probably bought 90% by fans of them and follow info about them. So a different name won't keep anyone from buying it that is a fan of the series.

Isn't like if they made a call of duty and battlefield game but called "wartime mash up", that might cause issues because they have their fans but aren't as involved in the games, they just know a call of duty is coming out and buy it. They have a different kind of devotion.

Kind of like how star wars fans are way more involved than fans of most any other movie and you can't slip anything by them.

Or maybe it's simply an odd name because it isn't persona and it isn't fire emblem so they didn't want to set expectations wrong by labeling them as such. Put fire emblem in the name and you expect hardcore strategy, put persona in it and you expect a lengthy and character deep story, and they didn't want people going in with an idea of what it should be but isn't.

I'll buy it because I like atlus, I like those franchises and because it looks like fun.

Because, as I mentioned earlier, it really has almost nothing to do with either franchise. There are some FE characters in it and the battle system is like SMT. That's it.

I love both SMT and FE, and I didn't know they changed the name or announced a US release date until a couple of months ago. At least it'll be a great last hurrah for the Wii U.

I never order on Gamestop, but want to make sure I get an order in before Amazon...is it easy to cancel on Gamestop if I need to?

Until I have a bad experience, that can't hold true for me. Best SRPGs on the market, Radiant Dawn being No. 1.
You realize that this isn't an SRPG and is instead more of a typical turn-based RPG, correct? Just want to make sure you know the gameplay is not at all like Fire Emblem's.

My orders never have cancel buttons. I always have to call.
Mine is showing a "Cancel Shipment" button right now, it's been there since i first pre-ordered it couple days ago. I have an account with Gamestop.com and didn't check out as a guest or anything.

I usually cancel alot of my pre-orders from Gamestop within a few days of pre-ordering them, so it's very possible that Cancel Button may disappear after a certain amount of time has passed.

bread's done
Back