VIZIO 43 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV M43-C1 UHD TV + Xbox One 500GB Quantum Break Bundle + Controller Stand - $599.99 plus free shipping

well, i ordered one. the code worked at checkout and everything so no worries there. the coupon also gave me free 2 business day shipping. the DELL site was lagging like crazy, so maybe people were snapping these up. 

I wonder how close you have to sit from a 43" television to get any benefit from 4k. 4-5'?

Last edited by a moderator:
43 inches is considered small? geez, i have been out of the TV game too long. this thing is slightly bigger than my current living room tv.
Yeah I guess it all just depends on the size of the room. I have a 50" but my living room is big considering that it's an apartment. I regret not getting like 60". For the price though, it's a good value.

is 4k standard now? has that much time passed??
Not even close to standard. It will be another 5 years before it becomes wider spread, and probably 8 to 10 before it's standard.

No true 4k consoles exist yet and probably wont until we get an entirely new generation, there are a few 4k blu rays and no one seems to care about them, netflix has a couple 4k movies but even that will take a long time to get more given the band width needed.

Everything Ive seen is 4k wont be worth it really unless its like a very new movie that was shot digitally with 4k in mind that are special effects pieces. And even those only really look good in a store where they have a very specifically tuned tv demoing a specific movie. Even blu rays that say mastered in 4k like ghostbusters to me doesnt look any better on a friends 4k tv compared to my led backlit 1080p tv. I think it was thrown on the box just as a gimmick.

ZIyubaO.png

My band got this exact TV at bestbuy a few weeks ago for our practice space. Great buy for the price, input lag is very low on game mode. I also read to put the hdmi cable into input 5 to further reduce input lag, but have yet to try this. Either way, I've tested Castlevania SoTN on it and it's very responsive (about 18 ms as someone else mentioned).

Adding to cart I'm getting a total of $859.98. TV itself is showing $599.99
You have add cough, promo code: GAMEON for the major discount. And the tv doesn't look that small. I currently have a 40 inch Samsung 1080p and it's a nice size. This 3 inches bigger. My parents have a 50" in our living room and it looks huge.

this pretty good deal as I got this tv last year at best buy for $599. So its like getting the xbox free. I love the TV too, have netflix (upgraded version for 4k)and some 4k blue rays and impressed with it.

This will help a lot of people. 

RTINGS is the gold standard when it comes to TV reviews. 

This is the Vizio  M43-C1.

Here is this Vizio reviewed: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/m-series-2015?uxtv=9082

Here is every TV ranked (for this size category): http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/40-42-43-inch/best?uxtv=9082

I personally don't care for Vizio, but the M Series gets a lot of love for having so much value, that is for sure. 

EDIT: If you do get it, make sure you check out the calibration settings. These guys really get into it. http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/m-series-2015/settings?uxtv=9082

You have add cough, promo code: GAMEON for the major discount. And the tv doesn't look that small. I currently have a 40 inch Samsung 1080p and it's a nice size. This 3 inches bigger. My parents have a 50" in our living room and it looks huge.
It all depends how far you're sitting away from it. In a small bedroom, 43" would be fine. In a larger space like a living room / TV room / game room, it could be smaller.

I have a 55" in my TV/game room in my basement, am about 10-11' away and that's a perfect size. 43" would be too small in my instance.

So higher resolution is only worth if I'm standing less than 2 feet away from the tv? Lol
If I am completely honest with myself, they only way I can really tell the difference when gaming in 4K is when I am about 2-3' from the set. I have a 65" Sony and normally sit probably about 12' away. For movies and TV shows that were actually shot in 4K I can see a noticeable difference in bright scenes from a normal distance. In my experience, OLED sets make more of an impression than a 4K set, and sadly 4K OLED's are still hanging around the $5K price point for a decent size.

It all depends how far you're sitting away from it. In a small bedroom, 43" would be fine. In a larger space like a living room / TV room / game room, it could be smaller.

I have a 55" in my TV/game room in my basement, am about 10-11' away and that's a perfect size. 43" would be too small in my instance.
Size is all relative for sure. The smallest HD set in my house is a 51" that we sit about 4-5' away from in the basement for LAN games. I would not purchase another set any smaller than that unless it were a novelty, like one above the toilet. (The previous owner actually did a cable drop directly above the toilet in the master bedroom)

be aware that vizio tvs are low quality, u might get 3 years out of it

First Vizio lasted me 8 years, and I was able to fix it by replacing the capacitors inside. Still running strong. My other Vizio is only a year and a half but running just fine.

GTA is garbage, Vizio quality sucks and you need to get a life and stop following people on the web..
And you might want to stop commenting and giving people reason to respond, as well, if you have such strong opinions on things like GTA and Vizio TVs.

Strongly disagree d3smond.  Vizio is one of the leading brands in HDTVs and their quality has come a long way.  Plus you can do without that nasty attitude.  

Thanks for the post OP.  I have actually been looking at this very same model TV for a little bit now and the addition of the XONE bundle makes it sweeter.  I may highly consider this.

Vizio has become a more budget TV but the quality for the price is still good. I'm pretty sure I have this exact TV and it's pretty solid. The smart TV functions are a lot snappier then my mother's 65" Samsung TV. 

The funny thing about this is bundling a 4K tv with an xbox one, I don't think i need to explain why lol, jokes aside this is a pretty good deal, vizio tv's are often the better reviewed on sites like CNET and RTINGS which are the according to majority the best places for television reviews, if I didn't have a tv already I would jump in, get it? Jump in

Nothing wrong with Vizio or Samsung IMO. It's brands like Sharp you stay far away from.
I have never been a fan of Sharp or Vizio but I just replaced a 3yr old Vizio tv with the 43" Sharp Roku that Best Buy sells a few months back and couldn't be happier. The picture is a huge upgrade and it actually connects to my router consistently. Those Roku sets have the fastest smart interface I have ever seen on a tv though and Vizio is know for long start ups and a laggy UI so I'm probably more excited about that and the access to private channels than anything else.

This is a sweet deal. Sadly I'm not currently in the market for either product, but I have found Vizio to be a quality middle of the road product. They aren't high end, but are far from low end. Pull up the TV product number and search reviews, I'm sure they'll be pretty good, as normally Vizio is rated pretty good for quality VS. price.

The funny thing about this is bundling a 4K tv with an xbox one, I don't think i need to explain why lol, jokes aside this is a pretty good deal, vizio tv's are often the better reviewed on sites like CNET and RTINGS which are the according to majority the best places for television reviews, if I didn't have a tv already I would jump in, get it? Jump in
Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

Excuse you? I don't even own a Vizio but I know they are top quality. Everyone I know that has one has never complained some are even older then 5 years and still running smoothly. So young yet so sour.

Excuse you? I don't even own a Vizio but I know they are top quality. Everyone I know that has one has never complained some are even older then 5 years and still running smoothly. So young yet so sour.
I have one and there is a line of dead pixels down the middle of the screen, it lasted 3 yrs. Vizio sucks.

If you and ur little friends on here want to delude otherwise, then go ahead. Im trying to save some unfortunate from wasting their money buying a garbage tv. So misinformed yet so opinionated.

I have one and there is a line of dead pixels down the middle of the screen, it lasted 3 yrs. Vizio sucks.

If you and ur little friends on here want to delude otherwise, then go ahead. Im trying to save some unfortunate from wasting their money buying a garbage tv. So misinformed yet so opinionated.
I have a 4k Vizio 50 inch and its never had any issues. Its a great television for the price I paid as long as you buy yourself a sound bar to go with it. I find it funny how you keep acting like everyone on here is a fool to like Vizio and yet you are the only one who is really talking negatively about them. Could it be you are the one who is misinformed? Seems like it.

Vizio top quality? Nope. It is a budget brand that makes good TVs for the money they charge. Nothing more, nothing less. 

As far as "I had one that didn't last therefore they all suck" comments....Seriously? My parents had a 65" Samsung plasma that lasted just over 2 years. My old Maxent plasma is still going strong after almost 10 years. Does that mean all Samsung TVs are bad and Maxent is great? No.

bread's done
Back