Bravely Default 24.00 @Walmart (YMMV)

Pixie Stix 88

CAGiversary!
Been trying to find a reasonably priced copy of this game since Nintendo doesn't reprint often.

Item ID: 34177585

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker

LIfh8KV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
very ymmv on this im guessing. i havent seen a brand new copy of this game sitting on any store shelves in a long time.

Nice find.  Two stores near me have it in stock at that price.  (Milford and Branford, CT)  I've already got it, but at that price, it's tempting to go pick up a copy for my girlfriend.

Thanks everyone! I hope everyone is able to get one that wants one. I just got lucky and decided to check brickseek myself. 

If Squenix had published it you would have been able to get it through third parties on Amazon at this price or through their own store for years. ;)

I'm just salty that I drove past a store that says they have it at this price yesterday.

Aw man, I gotta check my store. Here's hoping. Finally got Fire Emblem a couple months ago when more copies of that surfaced. Now I just need this.

EDIT: Damn. Closest I can find on Brickseek is a Walmart that is slightly over two hours away in Charlotte. Guess I can keep waiting to play this.
EDIT 2: Or Augusta, which is two hours away. Hell I don't think a Walmart in the whole state of SC has this. I doubt my wife would want to take a four hour round trip after work tomorrow evening, so yep, gonna keep holding onto hope that I can nab this for cheap.

Ugh, closest store is 45-60 min away and I really would like to get this since I'm playing the demo and like it (got the CE for the second).

If anyone is willing to pick it up and ship it to me, please let me know I'd happily cover all costs as far as shipping

Ugh, closest store is 45-60 min away and I really would like to get this since I'm playing the demo and like it (got the CE for the second).

If anyone is willing to pick it up and ship it to me, please let me know I'd happily cover all costs as far as shipping
Same here. None in my area :(.

How do you guys find item IDs? There's one store, kinda far away and in a fairly unsafe area, that's showing it in stock. I wanna check some other games and see if it's worth the trip. 

Had 3 copies at my local Walmart but they were in horrible condition. a couple of big rips in the cover art. I'm guessing this is not a re-print just maybe a couple of damaged cases of this game were found and shipped out to certain locations. but that's just a guess.

Is there any way to have an employee look up the item in their system?  The online numbers don't bring up anything on their hand scanners (at least with clearance items like this), and I scoured the game section to try and find the wild copies.  I know that brickseek can be wrong, but those stores are big.  Those copies could be anywhere.

I got one. Thanks again OP! There's 3 at the Cicero, IL location.
Rats... that's where I was at just half and hour ago and the space was empty. Asked a associate and she said they don't have any more.

The inventory checker still shows 2+ in stock. Guess it hasn't updated.

Rats... that's where I was at just half and hour ago and the space was empty. Asked a associate and she said they don't have any more.

The inventory checker still shows 2+ in stock. Guess it hasn't updated.
Aw man, that sucks. Hopefully it was someone who actually wanted it. There's still one location with some it says.

Aw man, that sucks. Hopefully it was someone who actually wanted it. There's still one location with some it says.
TBH, I only kinda wanted it. Already played the game once and hated the 2nd half, and b/c of that, overall hated the entire game. Was hoping to replay/give it another shot but that never happened.

Not rare, more like it is always full retail so a clearance price is rare. Target still stocks this and Gamestop has plenty of full priced or overpriced stock.
Yeah, two Targets near me have it but at MSRP. But otherwise, it's still fairly hard to find... I'd think if it was easy to find, it wouldn't be going for $50 on eBay.

Ugh, tried checking BrickSeek for this at Target and NONE of the store around me have any.

Any benevolent CAGgers mind helping me out? Happy to cover any and all applicable expenses.

I finally was able to get this. Turns out there was at least one Walmart in the state that had any copies, in Walterboro. Some family friends and my wife and daughter and I were going down to Hilton Head today for some shopping and stuff and I remembered this thread and checked Brickseek. A Walmart along the way in Walterboro had some copies, so I hopped off the highway for a couple minutes and ran in and got one. Glad I did too, because my daughter and I swung by the toy isle and we found a Shopkins Season 5 mega-pack that rang up for $14.99. Those usually run me $25 or so on Amazon after the initial hype of a new season dies down, so my daughter was absolutely thrilled.

EDIT: But yep, deal is still live if you can find a Walmart with it in stock. Glad I finally got a copy and can play it. This and Fire Emblem were the 3DS titles that I was kicking myself for not getting before they went OOP and I managed to get both at sub-MSRP this year.

If anyone here is kind enough to help a fellow cager out and pick me up a copy send me a PM and we can work something out via Paypal. I bought Bravely Second on launch and still have it sitting wrapped up because I want to play this first :(.

I called a 24 hour store that is 30 miles from me as the site showed 2 in stock, gave them a call and they dont see any, only the sequel..oh well. 

how accurate is brickseek? what if it shows a copy in walmart but associate says he doesnt see any? should i have them check the number 34177585

I called a 24 hour store that is 30 miles from me as the site showed 2 in stock, gave them a call and they dont see any, only the sequel..oh well.
how accurate is brickseek? what if it shows a copy in walmart but associate says he doesnt see any? should i have them check the number 34177585
I think it only shows stock that a WM location should have, but stock often gets lost/stolen/misplaced. My WMs recently started marking/putting clearance games in highly disorganized shelves and large bins... doubt WM employees are gonna dig through all of that to actually check. I'm guessing they looked at the display case and then gave up.

Even then, even if they are in those huge bins or shelves... it would be a PITA to locate them yourself.

how accurate is brickseek? what if it shows a copy in walmart but associate says he doesnt see any? should i have them check the number 34177585
As far as I know there is no way to locate a misplaced item outside of physically looking for it. This has happened to me at multiple WM's with clearance items. One of them said if you have a UPC to scan it might help. I thought of bringing a copy of the UPC to a store and try it, but I have not bothered to.

I gave the employee the item number over the phone and he went and supposedly looked for about 15 minutes for me. Wasn't confident enough of an answer for me to drive there for 40 mins and waste my gas as the return trip would of been another 40 mins. I just went ahead and bought a used copy off ebay.

same thing happened to me Zio! Thank you for your helpo everyone today it showed none when yesterday it showed some. I was probably just too late oh well, onto the next one Kappa

Glad people are able to get this game! 

My local store has plenty still in stock. I wish i had padded shipping envelopes so i could mail them for cost+shipping. I wouldn't mind doing that but packaging can be expensive and standing in the post office line sucks.

My local store has plenty still in stock. I wish i had padded shipping envelopes so i could mail them for cost+shipping. I wouldn't mind doing that but packaging can be expensive and standing in the post office line sucks.
Shipping envelopes are about 88 cents at Walmart and you could just drop it in one of the boxes or even in your mailbox if you want to send me one for $30 ;) lol

better yet they have them at the dollar store for 5 for 1 $ , pls me too in for 1 Kappa

bread's done
Back