* * * * * 1 votes

LimitedRunGames: OddWorld New n' Tasty (PS4) $29.99 somehow still in stock

#31 GrimmTrixX   Shoryuken! CAGiversary!   990 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:21 AM

nevermind. sold out already. just heard about it being limited today and its already all gone. lol Well, I guess ill stick with my PS1 version as I don't do digital. ::shrug::

#32 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5356 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:08 PM

My OCDs are clashing.  I want physical copies of these Limited Run Games, but feel that they are a waste of a cartridge's/disc's space.  If only there was a physical collection of these Limited Run Games on a cartridge/disc.

#33 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2760 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:25 PM

nevermind. sold out already. just heard about it being limited today and its already all gone. lol Well, I guess ill stick with my PS1 version as I don't do digital. ::shrug::

It's not the same as the PS1 version. But they did completely remake the game, cutscenes included, even with re-recorded voice lines. It's a top-to-bottom remake, not a "remaster".

And yes, it was a digital-only release. It's also fantastic. I bought it on release, and even though it later became a PS+ game, I have no ragrets. I'm cool with buying this as well to have a complete physical Oddworld collection, and giving them some extra buckaroos.

#34 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6237 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:33 PM

Got my PS4 copy. The problem is the disc is loose. Sigh... the value just went down.

#35 bruceg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1520 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

Got my PS4 copy. The problem is the disc is loose. Sigh... the value just went down.

Same here.  I wanted to keep i sealed since it's already readily available on psn.  That cheap bubble mailer definitely didn't help the situation...

#36 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6644 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:23 PM

Same here.  I wanted to keep i sealed since it's already readily available on psn.  That cheap bubble mailer definitely didn't help the situation...

My Saturday Morning RPG came that way as well. They do offer boxes for shipping for those who want to pay the extra cost.

#37 bdw418   Limited Edition CAGiversary!   240 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

Yep, loose disc for me as well. Sent them a note, on the off chance they're able to replace it. Wonder if some of this stock was basically returns with loose discs?

#38 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3523 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:15 PM

My disc was loose inside the box, as well. Not a big deal for me since I always intended to open the game. Still, they should be made aware of this, since it's clearly a consistent problem.

#39 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:38 PM

mine hasnt shipped yet, you guys got yours super early.

#40 bdw418   Limited Edition CAGiversary!   240 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:06 PM

mine hasnt shipped yet, you guys got yours super early.

They're probably busy shaking your disc loose!

#41 fightingguys   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

fightingguys

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:10 PM

loose disc here as well, gf (huge oddworld fan) is sad :cry:

edit: is there a manual in the case? might provide more incentive for her to just open it.

#42 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:14 PM

I dig the eBay listings for this one: "sold out everywhere!"

#43 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5069 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:02 PM

Also a loose disc here. Jeez, seems like a widespread problem.

#44 srac84  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:31 PM

Ya mine was loose too lol that some coincidence that a lot of ppls came like that ..must be on purpose .. luckily I lightly pressed mine back in place 😀

#45 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5954 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:32 PM

Also a loose disc here. Jeez, seems like a widespread problem.

It's a problem with PS4 discs in general being shipped in bubble mailers.  I regularly receive Best Buy and Amazon PS4 games with loose discs whenever they are sent in bubble mailers.   Oddly, I never have this problem with Xbox One or WiiU.    

#46 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6237 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:01 PM

We should all contact them and complain to see what happens.

I get many games in bubble mailers from Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg, TRU ... etc. Only about 5% of the time the disc became loose.

#47 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1227 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:00 AM

loose disc here as well, gf (huge oddworld fan) is sad :cry:

edit: is there a manual in the case? might provide more incentive for her to just open it.

No manual but there's a paper insert that doesn't say much. A floppier version of the post card more or less lol.

Just open em up, these won't be as valuable as the others anyway with the bigger print run.

Yall having an issue with loose discs should have gotten the box. I got both my disc games without issue but maybe try that option. You can contact them all you like, but do remember it's a small business doing a great thing here. Just because your resale value is hosed due to usps don't expect a miracle here.

#48 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1756 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:23 AM

All these loose discs makes me glad I only got the vita version, I still feel your pain guys.  You got to wonder what the hell happened to have this many, it's a little weird.

#49 Shaggy0131   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Shaggy0131

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:30 AM

We should all contact them and complain to see what happens.
I get many games in bubble mailers from Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg, TRU ... etc. Only about 5% of the time the disc became loose.

I agree, my lone PS4 order came in the black mailer and was loose. Hopefully my order with the vita and PS4 will be in the heavier duty envelope and won't be loose

#50 MrClark  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:02 AM

I agree, my lone PS4 order came in the black mailer and was loose. Hopefully my order with the vita and PS4 will be in the heavier duty envelope and won't be loose

Sounds like a packaging snafu, not the shipping containers fault.

I've ordered and gotten dozens of ps4 games from ebay, gamefly, gohastings, amazon, bestbuy and so on that came in cheap mailers and had 1 or 2 with a loose disc. Hard to imagine this many people are having this issue all at once and it's just because of the mailer. So I wouldn't just jump to a conclusion when from my experince anyway there is no evidence to point to a lot of people having that issue and the cause being the mailer.

Besides if you're buying a game to not play it then you're doing gaming wrong.

#51 wacekar7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:55 AM

Loose disc here as well...

#52 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20818 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:57 AM

Vita>PS4

#53 YugiMoto  

YugiMoto

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:58 AM

Vita is life. Proven even further here.

#54 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2760 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:09 AM

Mine was in the bubble mailer and I don't have a loose disc. I would be pretty pissed if it was loose, and I don't remember any option when buying to get a box.

Sounds like a packaging snafu, not the shipping containers fault.

I've ordered and gotten dozens of ps4 games from ebay, gamefly, gohastings, amazon, bestbuy and so on that came in cheap mailers and had 1 or 2 with a loose disc. Hard to imagine this many people are having this issue all at once and it's just because of the mailer. So I wouldn't just jump to a conclusion when from my experince anyway there is no evidence to point to a lot of people having that issue and the cause being the mailer.

Besides if you're buying a game to not play it then you're doing gaming wrong.

Games from Best Buy show up in bubble mailers with loose discs for me all the time. In that case, it doesn't really matter since I'm gong to open them anyway and BRs are pretty scratch-resistant. But I do think you're right, sounds like an internal problem rather than mishandling (as much as I like to shit on the post office).

Also, I already have this game digitally, so I bought this to have a complete physical Oddworld collection. I guess I'm "doing it wrong"!

#55 dios   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2453 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:09 AM

Ok....who here DIDN'T get a loose disc then? *edit* This guy ^

#56 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6644 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:35 AM

Mine was in the bubble mailer and I don't have a loose disc. I would be pretty pissed if it was loose, and I don't remember any option when buying to get a box.

https://limited-run-...ts/shipping-box

#57 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2760 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:46 AM

https://limited-run-...ts/shipping-box

Hahaha holy shit, Fuck these guys

#58 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3760 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:08 PM

So the company probably loosens the disc before shipment so you upgrade shipping to the box. Too many loose discs to not think this. Only a small percentage of my best buy orders that come in a bubble mailer are loose. Seems like too many of these arrived loose.

#59 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2101 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:17 PM

So the company probably loosens the disc before shipment so you upgrade shipping to the box. Too many loose discs to not think this. Only a small percentage of my best buy orders that come in a bubble mailer are loose. Seems like too many of these arrived loose.

You're right.  

:whee: IT'S A CONSPIRACY. :whee:

They must be sabotaging their own business to gain an additional $4.99 per shipment in box sales! 

#60 Vaniel   When it comes to CE, I have a condition CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

I ordered mine the second they went up, and it is still "unfulfilled." I even added the extra shipping box to my order. 

Kinda miffed about that, maybe I'll start posting a ton of random gifs since it looks like Squarehard won't be.