* * * * * 3 votes

CAG Niche Backloggers Anonymous (Monster Hunter World!) [February]

Japan Niche Cag Backlog Vita Playstation Xbox Nintendo PS4 PS3

Poll: Backlog game of the month

Wait for next month

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

-

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

-

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2926 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:04 AM

CAG Niche Backlogs Anonymous, don't be ashamed, welcome aboard! We'll help deal with your collecting and hoarding addictions, one game at a time!

Here, we work on tackling a different video game in our backlog every month. We vote on the game and afterwards, begin playing with our fellow CAGs.

We are open to discussions about the game's mechanics/story, pros/cons/flaws, tips playing the game/making playthroughs easier, "what if" scenarios, fanart/cosplay/fanfiction, multiplayer meetups, encouraging others the finish the game, talking about sequels/what game to play next, deals for the game, reviews of the game, and etc.

Backlog Game of the Month: Monster Hunter World (PS4/XB1) (February)

Monster-Hunter-World-PS4-Boxart.jpg

Synopsis: Hunter monsters with friends. (Credits to Me)

Approximate Game Length: Many (Main story), Even more (Completion/Platinum) (Credits to Howlongtobeat/Me)

Best deal to purchase the game

Best Buy GCU

Wall of Fame

[Accolades of those who have finished game]

(I wouldn't mind putting a link to a screenshot of the trophy/achievement screen if you post one)

Spoiler

Reviews/Thoughts of game

[Reviews from helpful CAGs who like sharing their opinion] (limited to one per poster)

Spoiler

Rules

1) We'll have a designated backlog game every month, where anyone is free to participate if you have the game (or any versions similar). 

2) Spoilers for the game should be kept in a spoiler tag, and be marked accordingly. Failure to do so will result in a spanking. Spoilers may include: story elements, gameplay twists, etc.

3) Suggestions for a new game for the next month will start a week before the next game is started. In the final 2-3 days of the week, suggestions will be tallied, and the most popular 5-10 choices will be put into the topic poll in which we will vote for the game.

4) Discussion of the game is encouraged, again, if story elements are involved, please put it under a spoiler tag and if it is a reply, quote the person you are discussing it with.

5) Arguments of game's system and flaws are allowed, but please keep these conversations civil and refrain from personal attacks. (Unless said person is a giant jackass)

Recommendations

1) Please be nice to your fellow addicts, we are all under a recovery process and it would be great to offer encouragement to one another to get through a certain level, or tips on how to beat a boss or farm levels. If it is a multiplayer game, working together is also encouraged.

2) Please keep an open mind towards the games suggested, not everyone might have a certain system or platform. Suggestions may be any game, but recommended ones are those that are multi-platform, or at least multi-system (as in like PS systems may all have the same game). Game should be a Niche game (I guess?) but can also be other bigger titles as well. 40-60 hours is the recommended length, and RPGs will probably be common.

3) Also keep an open mind when picking these games. If a game you do not have is picked that month, then I am sorry, you have to either buy it or wait a month. If you have played it already and beaten it, then feel free to join in the discussions at least. But please (and I really can see people doing this) do not whine if a game you want isn't chosen.

4) If you have not beaten a game yet but the month is over, by all means, do continue playing it. This isn't a super strict forum or anything, go ahead and finish the game even if the discussion has moved on.

5) There will be an accolades section, a wall of fame for anyone who has finished the game, this can include 100%, a platinum trophy, or just seeing the credits roll down the screen. 

6) Discussions of the game in an external context is also encouraged. This can involve: Fan Art, Cosplay postings, "What if" scenarios, What the game does well/bad?, What other games are good recommendations after playing this game.

7) If we ever have a PS4 game with multiplayer, both the Japanese Niche Community, and the CAG players on PSN Community are great and welcoming places to organize online events and lobbies.

Spoiler

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

Wiki Post Updated 02 Jul 2017 - 18:42 by BlackRockWaifu

This is a wiki post, and can be edited by anyone to keep it up to date.
July GOTM Progress Tracker (Edit and write your current progress for the game) [No spoilers]

BlackRockWaifu (Gravity Rush Remastered) - Not started yet...

Persona 5 Progress Tracker

Name/Date/Level/Group Name
Gershomcz7/12 (level 29)[Phantoms]
Draco259 5/15 (level 13)
BlackRockWaifu 19-May (level 17) [Guns&Waifus$]
Sirpikaz ?
Commodore Wheeler 14-May
Hostyl1 8/21 (Level 36) [Heartless 1s] (I guess PS3 has less space?)
Draekon - Complete.
Tsoul ?
Nitrosmob 08/07 (Level 32) [The Emeralds]
Godofwar7 complete
Deadofnight - Complete (level 75) [The Phantoms]
62t ?
Elessar123 (6/25) (level 29) [Lelouch Lamperou(gh) of Britannia]
ThatGuy1513 Complete (level 91) [TrophyWhores]
umbry 5/7 (level 11)

#2 Batto47  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:01 AM

Great job so far! Really hope this works out well!

#3 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:47 AM

Great work so far! I'm looking forward to this, should be fun.  

MidoriMonkey.png

#4 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   814 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:47 AM

Oh this sounds fun.

Ill toss out ni no kuni

#5 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8549 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:03 AM

I do want to play other games other than Enter the Gungeon and have a massive backlog so hopefully will be able to fully participate. 

#6 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:22 AM

So we get 3 suggestions? If so then I suggest SAO: Re: Hollow and Steins;Gate.

Will edit if I see another good choice.

#7 Earendil_aod   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Earendil_aod

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:27 PM

I second SAO: Hallow - I have the region 3 release and am stagnated on floor 89-90.

Lost Dimensions

Trillion

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (I know that's four, but I am all post-game on it and I'd love to rope some other CAG'ers into playing, or help out a fellow CAG'er get up there)

:)

#8 WhirlwindMonk   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

WhirlwindMonk

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:11 PM

Awesome! This sounds great, and if a game is chosen that I have, I'll definitely participate. So, now I need to vote.

Ni No Kuni

SAO Re: Hollow Fragment

Tales of Graces f

Also, what might be helpful is if someone familiar with the game chosen can give some guidelines on the length of the game. Just some basic, spoiler-free things like "Chapter 4 is about the halfway point" or "When you have six party members to choose from, you're about 2/3 of the way through the game" to help people keep pace to finish at the end of the month. Obviously we can't really "require" that, but if someone ends up volunteering, I know I would appreciate the info.

#9 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8549 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:45 PM

I don't want anyone to put through the torture of trillion honestly. I just don't think it's a very good game. Still working on it....and honestly don't want to go back.

I wouldn't mind Hollow Fragment as I bought the PS4 version on sale. I also suggest Trails in the Sky 1 (yeah I know i'm behind) and tales of graces F or tales of xillia there.

#10 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2061 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:50 PM

Ni No Kuni

Tales of Xillia

Demon Gaze

Been meaning to get to these games for a long time. But this also means I'll have to find a spot to hook my PS3 back up.

#11 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2926 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:14 PM

Thanks guys for the support!

I started tallying the votes, and I will still use the poll idea, but since I see a lot of overlapping suggestions already, the games with the highest # of suggestions will get priority. This means if there is a tie in the polls, the game with higher priority wins.

Great suggestion from Whirlwindmonk, I added a synopsis and approximate game length section, if nobody knows it, I'll just google the info online.

Also added a Current Deal for Game section, so other's without the game can join in if price is right.

I would like to start on May 1st, since it's the start of the month, and so voting begins on Saturday.

A lot of these ideas are great, and I personally think there's a lot of room left to improve on. I welcome and am grateful for any additional suggestions. Also keep in mind none of these rules are final, I just want to establish a few to keep things running, but anything can change as long as it keeps us moving forward. Thanks!

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#12 Kameleon   Gaming Mark CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Kameleon

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:48 PM

Hopefully I'm able to keep up with this thread as well, as I really like the idea. My suggestions are:

Tales of Graces f

Hyperdimension Neptunia (Original/Rebirth 1)

Atelier Rorona (Plus)

I have already started the first two, so I thought I'd suggest them to motivate myself to finish them. Suggested Rorona since it's on both PS3 and Vita (which Neptunia is as well).

Kameleon-san.png

#13 elessar123  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:01 PM

Nier

Tales of Vesperia

Drakengard III

If you guys played Graces f, I might find the excuse to play through a fourth time.

Spoiler

#14 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39992 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:16 PM

I'd be down for Graces f. I just started it and I'm still early on.

I'd also be in for Rorona Plus.

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace would also be good since it's currently on sale and can be played online.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#15 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6373 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:02 PM

I'll throw out another vote for SAO Hollow Fragment. I imported the Asian Vita release but haven't touched it yet - we'd probably have some interesting discussion comparing versions on that one. 

Posted Image

#16 Derextreme   Do you even Sony? CAGiversary!   3154 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:39 PM

Sword art RE:hollow
Ragnarok Odyssey ace
Earth defense force 4.1 and/or edf invaders(Vita)

DerekTheExtreme.png

#17 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2926 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:05 AM

Hey guys, I updated the current standings.

Also wanted to say, if a game is picked, any version that is available can be played. Like Kameleon has a great example with Neptunia, both old and Rebirth, and I would even say the Steam version should be played too. Another example would be P4G and the original P4.

I wanted to get a few opinions, it seems there's quite a bit of support so far for SAO. I was wondering if you guys wanted to do the poll, and have it open to people who might not chat often, or just tally it by suggestions in the thread. Because if we have a poll, there's a chance that outside votes can wind up overwhelming the thread users, but also gets a greater range of opinions. Its up to you guys though, I just want to make it fair.

Also surprised Whoknows did not suggest Time and Eternity but should not give any ideas.

Thanks guys!

#18 elessar123  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:49 AM

I changed my mind.

1. Time and Eternity

2. Toki to Eien

3. Toki Towa

Spoiler

#19 WhirlwindMonk   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

WhirlwindMonk

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:59 AM

Hey guys, I updated the current standings.

Also wanted to say, if a game is picked, any version that is available can be played. Like Kameleon has a great example with Neptunia, both old and Rebirth, and I would even say the Steam version should be played too. Another example would be P4G and the original P4.

I wanted to get a few opinions, it seems there's quite a bit of support so far for SAO. I was wondering if you guys wanted to do the poll, and have it open to people who might not chat often, or just tally it by suggestions in the thread. Because if we have a poll, there's a chance that outside votes can wind up overwhelming the thread users, but also gets a greater range of opinions. Its up to you guys though, I just want to make it fair.

Also surprised Whoknows did not suggest Time and Eternity but should not give any ideas.

Thanks guys!

I think I would rather do the poll, so that if the top three are all things I didn't vote for, I have a chance to have a say in which of the three gets picked. That said, I don't have that huge of a preference. I'm certainly not going to storm out of the thread if we decide to skip the poll.

#20 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39992 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:00 AM

I changed my mind.

1. Time and Eternity

2. Toki to Eien

3. Toki Towa

I'm not against this

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#21 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:23 AM

I don't mind the poll idea but think a top 10 is too much and will scatter the votes. A top 3 or 5 would be better. Preferably a top 3.

#22 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2926 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:19 AM

Hey everyone,

Changed the title to Backloggers Anonymous instead, sounds a little better imo, can change it back if you guys want.

I think Gershomcz has a great idea, top 10 really well scatter too much so a lesser number is best. I think I want to try a system where we do a top 3, and if there is a tie in any of those choices for 3rd, we expand to top 5. Is that ok? 

And I have another "sorta rule", I'm gonna treat the earlier posts as a joke, but in case anyone really does want to change their suggestions, please either quote your previous post or list your previous suggestions. This would make things a lot easier for me.

Tomorrow is the last day to give/change suggestions, voting will begin on Saturday and conclude Sunday night. Thank you!

#23 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:35 AM

Hey everyone,

Changed the title to Backloggers Anonymous instead, sounds a little better imo, can change it back if you guys want.

I think Gershomcz has a great idea, top 10 really well scatter too much so a lesser number is best. I think I want to try a system where we do a top 3, and if there is a tie in any of those choices for 3rd, we expand to top 5. Is that ok? 

And I have another "sorta rule", I'm gonna treat the earlier posts as a joke, but in case anyone really does want to change their suggestions, please either quote your previous post or list your previous suggestions. This would make things a lot easier for me.

Tomorrow is the last day to give/change suggestions, voting will begin on Saturday and conclude Sunday night. Thank you!

I like the top 3 and quoting past suggestions idea.

Also you should probably promote it in the Niche thread a few times since I believe many didn't see it and it got lost in all the posts. Having a mod put it in the OP is also a good idea.

#24 Kameleon   Gaming Mark CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Kameleon

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:58 PM

I think a poll would be better than having everyone vote by posting. While it gives random people the chance to vote, it can also give those that are following along but don't have time to post a chance. Doesn't mean there's going to be a lot of people that are simply following along, but I know that sometimes I find it hard to chime in since I'm so busy.

I like the idea of a top three for now. Maybe if we get enough people participating we can expand it to a top five.

Kameleon-san.png

#25 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10896 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:57 PM

My backlog is too strong for me. 

#26 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:09 PM

Steins;Gate

Rorona Plus

Tales of Graces F

MidoriMonkey.png

#27 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2926 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:07 AM

Alright this poll thing is a real pain in the ass. It doesn't let me edit it to delete the old one and add a new one. I also can't delete any extra questions. I don't see why they don't have a reset button or something like that.

Anyway, I tried my best to make it work, deleted the old choices and added some new ones. You guys might have to recast your votes though, since it's still saved to the older choices. I have 5 choices this time because Ni No Kuni, Ragnarok Odyessey, and Atelier all tied with 3 votes somehow. 

Yeah, let the voting begin! (If I can't find a solution to the poll thing, I might have to use another online poll, or tally suggestions.)

#28 elessar123  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:09 AM

CAG has never let the polls to be changed, really. So it's been like that since always.

Spoiler

#29 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2926 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:47 PM

Alright, in a sudden turn of events, Atelier Rorona is leading in the polls! I feel like there's a discrepancy  between the polls and suggestions tally since the poll system is so screwed up. So I'm gonna close the poll at midnight, so get your last votes in.

I think I'll change the voting system next time, anyone have any good suggestions?

#30 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   814 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

Alright, in a sudden turn of events, Atelier Rorona is leading in the polls! I feel like there's a discrepancy  between the polls and suggestions tally since the poll system is so screwed up. So I'm gonna close the poll at midnight, so get your last votes in.

I think I'll change the voting system next time, anyone have any good suggestions?

Rorona sounds good, I have the PS3 plus version :)