CAG Niche Backlogs Anonymous, don't be ashamed, welcome aboard! We'll help deal with your collecting and hoarding addictions, one game at a time!
Here, we work on tackling a different video game in our backlog every month. We vote on the game and afterwards, begin playing with our fellow CAGs.
We are open to discussions about the game's mechanics/story, pros/cons/flaws, tips playing the game/making playthroughs easier, "what if" scenarios, fanart/cosplay/fanfiction, multiplayer meetups, encouraging others the finish the game, talking about sequels/what game to play next, deals for the game, reviews of the game, and etc.
Backlog Game of the Month: Monster Hunter World (PS4/XB1) (February)
Synopsis: Hunter monsters with friends. (Credits to Me)
Approximate Game Length: Many (Main story), Even more (Completion/Platinum) (Credits to Howlongtobeat/Me)
Best deal to purchase the game
Best Buy GCU
Wall of Fame
[Accolades of those who have finished game]
(I wouldn't mind putting a link to a screenshot of the trophy/achievement screen if you post one)
Reviews/Thoughts of game
[Reviews from helpful CAGs who like sharing their opinion] (limited to one per poster)
1) We'll have a designated backlog game every month, where anyone is free to participate if you have the game (or any versions similar).
2) Spoilers for the game should be kept in a spoiler tag, and be marked accordingly. Failure to do so will result in a spanking. Spoilers may include: story elements, gameplay twists, etc.
3) Suggestions for a new game for the next month will start a week before the next game is started. In the final 2-3 days of the week, suggestions will be tallied, and the most popular 5-10 choices will be put into the topic poll in which we will vote for the game.
4) Discussion of the game is encouraged, again, if story elements are involved, please put it under a spoiler tag and if it is a reply, quote the person you are discussing it with.
5) Arguments of game's system and flaws are allowed, but please keep these conversations civil and refrain from personal attacks. (Unless said person is a giant jackass)
1) Please be nice to your fellow addicts, we are all under a recovery process and it would be great to offer encouragement to one another to get through a certain level, or tips on how to beat a boss or farm levels. If it is a multiplayer game, working together is also encouraged.
2) Please keep an open mind towards the games suggested, not everyone might have a certain system or platform. Suggestions may be any game, but recommended ones are those that are multi-platform, or at least multi-system (as in like PS systems may all have the same game). Game should be a Niche game (I guess?) but can also be other bigger titles as well. 40-60 hours is the recommended length, and RPGs will probably be common.
3) Also keep an open mind when picking these games. If a game you do not have is picked that month, then I am sorry, you have to either buy it or wait a month. If you have played it already and beaten it, then feel free to join in the discussions at least. But please (and I really can see people doing this) do not whine if a game you want isn't chosen.
4) If you have not beaten a game yet but the month is over, by all means, do continue playing it. This isn't a super strict forum or anything, go ahead and finish the game even if the discussion has moved on.
5) There will be an accolades section, a wall of fame for anyone who has finished the game, this can include 100%, a platinum trophy, or just seeing the credits roll down the screen.
6) Discussions of the game in an external context is also encouraged. This can involve: Fan Art, Cosplay postings, "What if" scenarios, What the game does well/bad?, What other games are good recommendations after playing this game.
7) If we ever have a PS4 game with multiplayer, both the Japanese Niche Community, and the CAG players on PSN Community are great and welcoming places to organize online events and lobbies.