* * * * * 3 votes

CAG Niche Backloggers Anonymous (Monster Hunter World!) [February]

Japan Niche Cag Backlog Vita Playstation Xbox Nintendo PS4 PS3

Poll: Backlog game of the month

Wait for next month

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

-

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

-

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:24 PM

Steins;Gate

SAO Re: Hollow Fragment

Ni no Kuni

#122 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:43 PM

Steins; Gate
SAO hollow fragment
Monster Monpiece

#123 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:10 PM

Steins; Gate

Shiren the Wanderer

I am Setsuna 

(I'm not sure if it is cheating to vote for I am Setsuna, since I checked it out the night I got it, put in about an hour I think)

#124 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:47 AM

My suggestions are:

Megadimension Neptunia 7

Monster Monpiece

Steins gate

Here are the current standings:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC/SC 1 Akiba's Trip 1 Tales of Hearts R 1 Xenoblade chronicles x 1 Virtues last reward 1 Ni no kuni 2 Steins;Gate 4 SAO Re: Hollow Fragment 2 Monster Monpiece 2 Shiren the Wanderer 1 I am Setsuna 1 Neptunia 7 1

#125 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:41 AM

And for accounting purposes I best valkyria chronicles :)

#126 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:24 PM

Voting thread for August: https://www.cheapass...e-other-thread/

Ni No Kuni, SOA Hollow Fragment, Steins Gate, and Monster Monpiece round out the most votes.

Voting ends Friday night. Thanks!

#127 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:33 PM

Also for counting purposes I put my screenshot of beating VC on the PS4 thread.

#128 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:58 PM

I don't own either of the two winning games, lol. Better start looking around hmm

#129 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:24 AM

Also for counting purposes I put my screenshot of beating VC on the PS4 thread.

I'd like to add it to the OP if you don't mind, but what do you mean by the PS4 thread?

I don't own either of the two winning games, lol. Better start looking around hmm

I actually own both, and have been wanting to play them for a while. But I can't choose between the two, so I haven't voted yet. I played a tiny bit of Monster Monpiece, and really liked the battle system. But I feel a little lazy in gaming lately, and don't feel like grinding, so I might go with Stein's Gate. It's just a visual novel right? No puzzles or mini games of the sort?

#130 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:38 AM

I'd like to add it to the OP if you don't mind, but what do you mean by the PS4 thread?

I actually own both, and have been wanting to play them for a while. But I can't choose between the two, so I haven't voted yet. I played a tiny bit of Monster Monpiece, and really liked the battle system. But I feel a little lazy in gaming lately, and don't feel like grinding, so I might go with Stein's Gate. It's just a visual novel right? No puzzles or mini games of the sort?

Sorry, I meant the PS4 CAG Niche group. I have the same PSN name as here.

From what I seen it's just a VN. No puzzles and stuff but not sure.

#131 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9381 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:46 AM

Honestly as someone who earned the gold trophy rubbing medal on Monster Monpiece and beat it, there is very little grind. You can do all the encounters or not, since many are side parts, but you can get rare keys and sometimes cards there. The only thing I truly disliked about the game is how some evolutions were impossible to fully evolve without playing versus. Because of this I probably didn't have the most finely tuned deck, but it worked. I did like the game enough to give it about a 7.5/10. 

#132 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:19 PM

I voted Steins; Gate just because I paid a couple bucks more for that game than monster monpiece so I really should finish it. I wouldn't mind the latter game winning though because then we could all knock out the online trophies together.

#133 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40091 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:33 PM

I voted Monster Monpiece just because Neptune is apparently in it somewhere.

#134 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:29 PM

I voted for SAO because I know that is Whoknow's favorite anime.

#135 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:13 AM

I don't know if people are trolling or not, but the results are even more tied now. I haven't voted yet and don't plan to as I feel fine with all three games. So I'm going to let the poll wait out 1 more day, if its still tied I'll flip a coin or something.

#136 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:51 AM

Correct answer.

#137 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:15 AM

I don't know if people are trolling or not, but the results are even more tied now. I haven't voted yet and don't plan to as I feel fine with all three games. So I'm going to let the poll wait out 1 more day, if its still tied I'll flip a coin or something.

Vote for the one you want to play most this month. You know, like a good relaxing VN.

#138 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:51 PM

Sorry, SAO was winning, but it was the least I wanted to play so I voted Stein's Gate... Now we need another tie breaker...

#139 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:44 AM

Well.... I bit the bullet and bought Stein's Gate. Sooooo I'll just go and change my vote and make this easy. If that isn't allowed, you can scold me later.

#140 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:37 AM

August game of the month is Steins;Gate (5 votes). It's on Vita and PS3. I think it might also be on PC, but not sure if it is on Steam. There is also a Japanese edition on PS4 and Xbox 360 I think. Anyway, all should be the same, so please enjoy. This is also a heavily story-focused game I believe, so please be mindful of spoilers in the discussion and use spoiler tags if necessary. 

Discussion of anything related is encouraged, such as the anime, movie, figures, and even the sequel. 

(I actually really liked the anime, so I hope this will be good, will also be nice to play on the train. If anyone sees a person playing this on the Vita on the LIRR, its probably me. Also got me to buy a Makise figure for some reason...)

#141 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:51 AM

oh man i see you

i am 2 shy 2 wave doe

#142 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9381 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:52 AM

I really need to rectify and play Steins;Gate. I got the limited edition for pc when it released, but never played and eventually got the Vita version last Christmas. I should play that....just hard cause i've been moving forever now....should be done maybe in 2 weeks....but yeah taking a lot of my time. I should just play a bit every night and hope I can finish it at the end of the month.

#143 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:32 PM

Doh it wasn't till my second email that I realized you could respond to them... now I need to go back to before the first email.  

#144 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:38 PM

Doh it wasn't till my second email that I realized you could respond to them... now I need to go back to before the first email.

What do you mean by this? I've gotten one email so far.

#145 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:28 PM

What do you mean by this? I've gotten one email so far.

Well I guess it was technically the third email that I noticed it.  But some emails have blue text you can navigate to and select.  I was pretty tired last night when I got the first email with the blue text so I didn't even think to try.  Today I got another email and noticed it, so I went back to the first email that had it and noticed the blue was gone. But if you do navigate to the blue text you can pick one to use as the context of your reply.

#146 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:27 AM

Yes, replying to emails unlocks different locations, conversations, advances relationships and other stuff. Same with answering phone calls. All up to you if you want to or not.

#147 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:12 AM

Tutturu! Great Scott! This game is pretty damn cool. I think I'm about halfway through chapter one right now. I really love how even if you move on through a current dialogue slide, the voice work continues. Great for readers that read faster than the lines being voiced.

This game reminds me that the Steins;Gate anime was my favorite for a long while. It probably still is if I watch it again. I didn't watch each episode front to back the first time though, so I'm glad this game is more elaborate and in depth with the details. I feel like Rintaro has a different voice actor though, but maybe it's just because you don't actually see him much in the game. I was thinking about watching the anime again during this play through, but it'll probably be confusing to correlate so I'll just rewatch it afterwards.

I saw on the PS Vita thread, someone mentioning the sequel Steins;Gate 0 was coming out soon, I think September. I think it's nice that we coordinated it like that, so it's fresh right when the sequel hits. I feel like we could do that for more games, like FF13 before 15 hits, P4 in December before P5 in January, SOA before Hollow Realization, etc.

Here is some neat Makise cosplay. One, because the game has such emphasis on cosplay. And two, because I love cosplay regardless.

steins_gate___kurisu_makise_by_mirum_num

Internet infringement can be a pretty messy subject, so I'll throw in a reference here. I think her name is Anastasia MiraMarta. Really fantastic work, especially her Transistor stuff. I have no clue who she is, but she's pretty sick. Well, pretty and sick.

I'll have something else cool to show once I get back home on Friday. I'll also try to get more playtime in since it seems to be a long game. I do like just putting the Vita to sleep though and randomly starting again anytime I want.

#148 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

Hmm. I just finished chapter one... And I must say I like the story and all... I just don't think I'm a fan of visual novels. I play on the pstv which probably changes the situation. I may struggle with this one...

#149 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

I just started where I left off which is Ch 3. I forgot how good the story is. It gets you really engage and wanting to read one more line every time. The voice actor sounds the same to me.

#150 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:17 AM

Sorry guys I tried. I am skipping this month's :( Oh well time to play moero chronicle. Excuse me while I panty raid some dungeons.