Scrubking

CAGiversary!
grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-200405110921718.jpg

The main character a black guy?

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-200405110921234.jpg

Drive-by shootings - OH HELL YEAH!

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-200405110921562.jpg

Pimped out bikes that you can ride?

Looks like Rockstar went full on ghetto with this one. Hopfully it is done in a good way and won't disapoint.

Also the fact that everything is drowned in a red haze is disturbing.

looks nice except for the pic of the main character. his face looks kinda bland and his hand looks like chubbs wooden one from happy gilmore.
i like the character art, the red haze, and the rides. looks like a nice change.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']wow, they made gta GHETTO! the pics look good except for that reddish sunset color. it ruins the atmosphere of the game for me.[/quote]

Thats because La has yellow/red air! They made it realistic! LOL. I used to live ther and it does look like it. And I think I seen those actuall guys doing a drive by before too. VERY REALISTIC!

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']I'm waiting for the triple pack to come out on XBox, lol!!![/quote]
I can see that happining too.

Speaking of which, do you guys turn off that graphic option in GTA (I think it's called "trails"). To me, this just makes everything annoyingly blury, and I can't play the game with it on.

Yea that trails effect made me sick.

I like the idea of having a ghetto version.
It would be boring to have all the games the same.

Yeah I cant believe that the character is black and "happens" to be from the ghetto and be a gangster...ive never seen that on T.V.,movies,music,or games before...

Are three 6 and lil jon gunna do the soundtrack? that would complete the stereotype of a black person...oh yeah and are you gunna be part of a gang?ohh and can you collect "ice" instead of hidden packages?

meh, looks like gta. i think rockstar is getting lazy and working off the old formula rather than being innovative, i hope they proove me wrong, but i dont think they will....bmx is a plus tho

You can tell how much effort they put into this graphics engine. It has really paid off! Look at all the detail in the gangsters hands and feet, and especially the Master Chief in the backround! This game is going to be so innovative and different from the other ones in the series I'm going to buy it, run over 40 people in a stolen vehicle, and blame it on the company that made this game! Thanks rockstar for renewing all hope within.... thy... self.....

u know what'd b cool, if they combined all their games main concept into one. for example a gta game that has the bullet time effects of max payne and the all the killing and stuff of manhunt (even though i dont really know what that games about since i havent played it yet). all the controversial subjects in one big game, really tick of those politicans.

GTA has always looked like crap...you think they could do better...i mean...look at true crime...that looks like a beauty compared to gta

it looks great thank god we arent some white gyt who either wears a hawaiian shirt or doesnt have a name or voiceand works for the mafians of some sort

[quote name='BigNick']Wow, I cant believe how different this looks from the others...........[/quote]

lol

First of all I want to say I am getting sick of the upsurge of xbox faboys on these boards. Lately there has been too much bitching about how PS2 sucks and how Xbox r0ckzors!1 Let's keep the fanboy bullshit on the other boards okay? We've had enough flame wars here and we don't need to start fanboy wars as well.

Anyway, I think the pics look fine and the red haze doesn't really let you see any detail so I'll reserve my judgement for better pics.

As far as innovation goes - a few pics don't tell you how the game plays so we have to wait for that info. Besides I don't care if they use the same formula - a new setting and story is good enough for most other games so I don't see why there is so much bitching when it comes to gta.

[quote name='Scrubking']As far as innovation goes - a few pics don't tell you how the game plays so we have to wait for that info. Besides I don't care if they use the same formula - a new setting and story is good enough for most other games so I don't see why all the bitching when it comes to gta.[/quote]

Nothing personal, but statements like that make you part of the problem. Games like GTA have always had the potential be so much more, yet Rockstar has shown that they're content with resting on what they've already done, time and time again. And why not, gamers like you are going to buy it anyway.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='Scrubking']As far as innovation goes - a few pics don't tell you how the game plays so we have to wait for that info. Besides I don't care if they use the same formula - a new setting and story is good enough for most other games so I don't see why all the bitching when it comes to gta.[/quote]

Nothing personal, but statements like that make you part of the problem. Games like GTA have always had the potential be so much more, yet Rockstar has shown that they're content with resting on what they've already done, time and time again. And why not, gamers like you are going to buy it anyway.[/quote]

Unless you are blind. Vice city was an improvement (with some bugs), on gta3, and I am sure SA will improve as well.

And yes, non-shallow, non-fickle gamers like me will buy the game because we don't need a new gimmick in every game to keep us interested.

[quote name='Scrubking']
And yes, non-shallow, non-fickle gamers like me will buy the game because we don't need a new gimmick in every game to keep us interested.[/quote]

me too me too

[quote name='Scrubking']Unless you are blind. Vice city was an improvement (with some bugs), on gta3, and I am sure SA will improve as well.

And yes, non-shallow, non-fickle gamers like me will buy the game because we don't need a new gimmick in every game to keep us interested.[/quote]

That's a new one...wanting significant innovation for a sequel makes one shallow and fickle. :roll:

Good thing they made it look more realistic. The competition like Getaway and Driver should make them work harder towards better graphics. I wonder how they'll make the gameplay different this time though? What could they possibly add?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='Scrubking']Unless you are blind. Vice city was an improvement (with some bugs), on gta3, and I am sure SA will improve as well.

That's a new one...wanting significant innovation for a sequel makes one shallow and fickle. :roll:[/quote]

In this case yes. Even though it is obvious you are a hater (along with many others), you act like there haven't been any improvements or innovation to the series at all - which there have been. :roll:

When kotor 2 comes out with basically the same gameplay I am going to see if you complain about it not being "innovative" enough. :roll:

Seriously, how can people make the argument that the graphics aren't as realistic as at getaway...well then it wouldn't be GTA would it? I think that's part of GTA, it doesn't look real so it doesn't take itself seriously. Also, if you want realistic graphic and broken gameplay then you can go play True Crime or getaway. People who make arguements like GTA is just recycling the dame thing over and over are the same people who think it was better in the 2D days, it was bad as a 2D game, mildly fun for 10 mins but that's about it. What does it mean "Games like GTA have always had the potential be so much more" how much more could that game be exactly, personally I think it excessed what anyone thought it could do.

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='Scrubking']As far as innovation goes - a few pics don't tell you how the game plays so we have to wait for that info. Besides I don't care if they use the same formula - a new setting and story is good enough for most other games so I don't see why all the bitching when it comes to gta.[/quote]

Nothing personal, but statements like that make you part of the problem. Games like GTA have always had the potential be so much more, yet Rockstar has shown that they're content with resting on what they've already done, time and time again. And why not, gamers like you are going to buy it anyway.[/quote]

Unless you are blind. Vice city was an improvement (with some bugs), on gta3, and I am sure SA will improve as well.

So in other words, you're one of the people who buys Madden every year...it's an improvement on the previous game, occasionally with some bugs, and there usually isn't a "new gimmick" to keep you entertained. Correct?

I guess I'm with Banky on this one. The GTA series has a lot of potential; seeing Rockstar squander that is a depressing sight indeed. We don't need the GTA series to have a new title every year, with the only differences being the characters and storyline, and with the graphics and basic mechanics being the same. There are a ton of things that could be done with the series...but Rockstar has to get out there and DO THEM instead of resting on their laurels.

The bottom line is...
PSM magazine, along with a host of others I'm sure, actually went out of their way to have a 10 page article stating how they would make the "NEXT" GTA, and this was after 3 and BEFORE Vice City...
So obviously a lot of people DO expect huge innovations...
Also other companies have taken the basic premise and HAVE added huge innovations...
I mean just to keep up with the other companies and to prove that they can make the best game in the genre they SHOULD be trying harder than ever to improve this game drastically...
Instead they'll just rehash GTA3 again with a few improvements and yes you're right, they will sell millions, and like the other guy said, that's part of the problem...
-Goatman

bread's done
Back