Buying Used Games Condition From Stores

KMunley

CAGiversary!
I have a bit of OCD when it comes to my game collecting and their condition and hate those generic gamestop replacement covers and the platinum hit games.  I rarely buy used unless I buy it in person and can see the condition or from an online source I know only sells used games with original covers and cases like GoHastings. 

I was looking into some used games from ToysRUs.com and was curious if anyone knew which sites only sell games with original covers and cases? Such as ToysRUs, Walmart, BestBuy, Target, etc.

Thanks in advance!

None.

Best option is to just buy them from marketplaces where they list everything complete.

Big box companies don't have time to confirm everything, and even Hastings do not guarantee original covers and cases (anymore :*( ), so you may be sol on that front with retailers.

Walmart is the only one afaik.

Although I have not seen a used game at Target without the original cover art, so they may be an option also.  Same for TRU recently. (all the generic cover art ones pennied out a year or two ago)

Thanks for the replies.  I figured this was a bit of a grey area, but wanted to ask since most of the used games I am going to buy are low online, but I always passed on because of this.

Has anyone had any experience buying used from Toys R Us? Online or even in store?  They seem to have a lot of $5 deals.

Big box companies don't have time to confirm everything, and even Hastings do not guarantee original covers and cases (anymore :*( ), so you may be sol on that front with retailers.
Wait, really? That sucks. Not like I shop there a lot but every one and then, I'd still find something I want. Oh well, guess I'll be shopping there even less.

Wait, really? That sucks. Not like I shop there a lot but every one and then, I'd still find something I want. Oh well, guess I'll be shopping there even less.
While they don't "guarantee" it anymore, they're still relatively good about it.

It's just that I think they needed to cut down the costs of their returns, so they actually had to write that into their policy officially since I think a lot of people were taking advantage of it.

I mean, I've been ordering from them a lot recently, and in many cases I've been receiving new/sealed items, so it's certainly still on the good side when it comes to completeness, and possibly even better.

bread's done
Back