CAGcast #449: METAcast

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Overwatch and Forza 6 Apex betas, taco salads, and other stuff that makes your insides regular.

Download (1 hours 3 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS
https://audioboom.com/boos/4531689-cagcast-449-metacast

Get $5 off your order (with free shipping) at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code CAGCAST

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro -   Galantis - Peanut Butter Jelly

Outro - Jetfire commerial

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapy try psyllium husk capsules instead of Metamucil. It's the same thing but without the sweeteners, plus you can just swallow a few capsules and be done with it. 7.99 for a bottle at Target.

Wombat, I sympathize with your feelings about modern FPS games. Did you try the Gears of War 4 open beta? The new mode Co-op Team Deathmatch is for you. It's players versus a squad of A.I. hard level bots. It takes a lot of the pressure off. Very little of the insta kills you get with regular modes.

DC Universe is on Xbox One because Sony doesn't own what was known as Sony Online Entertainment. They sold it off awhile ago when they got rid of a lot of stuff to stay afloat. Also, people can ask for donations and money a lot easier on Twitch.

Wait a minute; Wombat, can you watch something and then re-watch it with your wife while pretending that you've never seen it? I get caught every damn time. That might be your superpower.

[SIZE=medium]Just made the switch to Harrys and used the CAGCAST promo code for the Winston set and the daily face wash. I listen to a few podcasts that do ads for Harrys, but I specifically chose the CAGCAST code because of the Wombat shaving video. A razor that can tame that Wombat hair has to be exceptional. Thanks for the discount and keep up the good work with the podcast.[/SIZE]

I don't like Uncharted mostly because of the shooting gallery. I'm not a good gamer, so the low number of bullets means I easily get killed. I do love the exploration gameplay and the jungle stuff. I've played Tomb Raider and I do like that, especially when things are easier to kill, even if I get chased by wolves every five steps

I don't like Uncharted mostly because of the shooting gallery. I'm not a good gamer, so the low number of bullets means I easily get killed. I do love the exploration gameplay and the jungle stuff. I've played Tomb Raider and I do like that, especially when things are easier to kill, even if I get chased by wolves every five steps
I've heard there's less of the endless shooting this time around, I haven't played the game yet though so I don't know.

Interesting you would say that about the ammunition though... I've always found it to be plentiful, especially if you switch out weapons on the fly. At any rate, they added a new easier mode (I think there may be no enemies? I never tried it) in the remastered and it's supposedly in the new game as well. It's for people like you who just like to explore and see the sights. Might be worth checking out if you're interested at all in giving the games another chance.

Great show as always guys, the METAmucil segment had me laughing hysterically. I agree with Cheapy regarding Overwatch. The game is awesome and does a good job at not making you feel like you suck even if you do, and like Cheapy I just want to get that play of the game highlight. Wombat, we've pretty much just graduated to french fries on just sandwiches in Pittsburgh. Progress I guess. 

Shipwreck, Would you mind posting a link to these HDMI switches you found that you really like.  The three different ones I have bought just blow.

CheapyD, With Mrs. Cheapy back is it fair to assume that next week you will be talking about Game of Thrones on #WatchThisBitches?  By the way whenever the political book gets boring (which should be sometime just after the index) I would recommend this series.  It is about a hit man that is makes all of his hits look like accidental deaths and most of the books take place in Tokyo or revolve in Japan somewhere.  He talks about different coffee shops and restaurants ....   https://www.amazon.com/Clean-Tokyo-Previously-Published-Novel-ebook/dp/B00M4LHQ82?ie=UTF8&keywords=barry%20eisler&qid=1462827241&ref_=sr_1_4&s=books&sr=1-4  .

I found them enjoyable, maybe you will as well.  

Just wanted to say that these past few CAGcasts have been hilarious. I think the quality of them (content-wise) has improved a lot since Cheapy has moved to his new house. Doodee talk is always good. Had me rolling with the METAmucil jokes.

I guess "I'll take your word for it" is Wombat's new motto.
He uses that often as well as "Im not one hundred percent". I caught myself using this phrase the other day and I just stopped and looked in the mirror to make sure I wasn't morphing into wombat.

Cheapy do you still tell Tai that you are "helping people to sleep" when you attack a person in a video game? In CAGcast #261 you used that line when you killed people in skyrim.

So... if Smash is in fact a bigger franchise than Zelda, and since Wombat didn't argue against that, but has argued in the past that Smash is not a system seller, does that mean Wombat - who by the way, finished Twilight Princess on the Wii - think that Zelda is also not a system seller? Wombat even picked A Link Between Worlds for his #1 pick of 2013 (in which he also mentioned it being the best since Wind Waker). I'm not arguing whether or not Smash is bigger than Zelda, but you guys have admitted that you aren't Smash people. Seems to me, you aren't much of Pokemon and maybe Mario Kart people either. So if none of those (among others) and Mario, the #1, could not even get you guys (Cheapy and Wombat) to buy a Wii U, what the hell could have?! Not necessarily a Wii U, but Nintendo. What is a Nintendo system seller nowadays and for the future?

Cheapy, and Wombat to an extent, seems so disinterested in the top Nintendo franchises, I can't see him buying an NX for the software. Cheapy mentions no nostalgia for Zelda, so I'm really curious to know all of your histories/timelines with the top Nintendo franchises (mainly Mario and Zelda) from the NES/GB to GC/GBA generations. Was it really the gimmicky controls that made you lose interest or did you lose interest sooner? I trust Ship's probably played most, if not all, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cheapy's last played Zelda from those gens was A Link to the Past.

bread's done
Back