Refurbished Logitech Wireless PS2 Action controller $8.59

These are refurbished.

The new ones have 2 AA batteries included.

Plus, the description states that it will arrive in general packaging?

It says it's new, but to be on the safe side I'll change the title to say refurbished. This is still a good deal IMO, 2 bucks cheaper than the deal Overstock had.
Edit: Only 13 left now.

I didn't know overstock had them back in stock, if you miss out on this definately get it from overstock. Only 6 left now!

[quote name='doomlv20']It says it's new, but to be on the safe side I'll change the title to say refurbished. This is still a good deal IMO, 2 bucks cheaper than the deal Overstock had.
Edit: Only 13 left now.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It is a good purchase. I just bought it at BB for $34.99 brand new. Worth every penny.

I still have the first PS2 wireless from Logitech, the controller is bigger...to fit large hands I guess.

The down side is that it needed 4 AA batteries, where the new model only needs 2 AA batteries.

Thanks OP--I picked up a second one of these :)

I love my first one, and it's honestly my favorite controller from this generation... this is the only time in all my years of gaming when I (strongly) prefer a third party pad to a first party one. HIGHLY recommended for anyone sitting on the fence.

I just bought two more of these. Now anybody have any good deals on multitap adapters for the slim ps2 hehe. I bought two of these from compgeeks a week or so ago. They are not new. They come in a sealed plastic bag with a white and red sticker that says something to the effect of "Sold AS IS." I have gotten my logitech wireless xbox controllers in this same packaging (forgot from where.) The ones I got are in excellent condition physically. The serial number is marked out with a black marker. Both of the controllers I recieved had to be recalibrated. Don't freak out of your analog sticks seem to be "stuck" always going up or something. There is a fix stated on logitech's website. This fix works with both xbox and ps2 versions:

Question

How do I re-calibrate the Logitech Cordless Action Controller for PlayStation®2?
Answer

Normally there is no reason to re-calibrate the Logitech Cordless Action Controller for PlayStation2. In rare cases where the mini-joysticks may need to be re-calibrated, you can use the process below. Please note that this process only works for the Logitech Cordless Action Controller for PlayStation2.

1. Remove one battery.
2. Hold the L1 and L2 buttons while re-inserting the battery. (NOTE: Do not touch or move the mini-joysticks at all during this time. It is very important that the mini joysticks are allowed to center themselves during this step or the calibration procedure will not be successful.)

The mini-joysticks should now be re-calibrated.

***Edit***
Whoops - the xbox version is a different button press combo (duh) so I decided to post it in here too - a little off topic though but oh well...

Question
How do I calibrate the Logitech Cordless Precision Controller for Xbox®?
Answer

Normally there is no reason to re-calibrate the Cordless Precision for Xbox®. In rare cases where the mini-joysticks may need to be re-calibrated, you can use the process below. Please note that this process only works for the Cordless Precision Controller for Xbox®.

1. Remove one battery.
2. Hold the Left Trigger and Start buttons while re-inserting the battery. (NOTE: Do not touch or move the mini-joysticks at all during this time. It is very important that the mini joysticks are allowed to center themselves during this step or the calibration procedure will not be successful.)

The mini-joysticks should now be re-calibrated.

In the Item description it states new comes in plain packaging. I needed to get another since my previous logitech's buttons are sticking like glue now. I personally rather get a new one then refurbished especially since my justdeals.com disaster. They are currently out of refurbished ones anyway. Type this E D E A L I N F O code for 10% off. Cheapest shipping I found though is ground for $7.00.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=963320-0403-BULK-N&cpc=SCH&srm=0

promo code saves 10% off E D E A L I N F O (no spaces in between)

why doesn't the promo code $$$$$$$$$ show up correctly? It shows up as dollar signs.
Other 10% off codes :

MYJACO
TECHBARGAINS
XPBARGAINS
$$$$$$$$$

someone else try to type in E D E A L I N F O (with no spaces) and see if you get dollar signs that show up

[quote name='bordjon']Don't be fooled by compgeeks - these are not new. See my post in this thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56344

you purchased a logitech ps2 or xbox controller from justdeals? Was it defective?[/QUOTE]

Please tell me your kidding the only reason I bought it was b/c it says it was New....How in the hell can they pass of something that is refurbished as new...thats absolutely fucked up....and false advertising...Now I'm looking to cancel this order.....And yes I bought a refurbished xbox controller from justcraps I and a couple of others had disasters with them see here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47863&page=1&pp=20

I just called their Customer Service line and they insist that it is a new item...It's already approved and on its way to being shipped (Thus I believe too late to cancel my order)...but after reading bordjon's post I am skeptical....I'm getting deja vu...Justcraps all over again...arrgghh....

[quote name='MeGaWC27']Well hope you do get a new one.
Please post the conditions when you get your controller.[/QUOTE]

You know I will, for good or bad (have a feeling it'll be bad).....

[quote name='cruzincontrol']Please tell me your kidding the only reason I bought it was b/c it says it was New....How in the hell can they pass of something that is refurbished as new...thats absolutely fucked up....and false advertising...Now I'm looking to cancel this order.....And yes I bought a refurbished xbox controller from justcraps I and a couple of others had disasters with them see here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47863&page=1&pp=20[/QUOTE]

The controller will be refurbrished:

1. The item states that it is in a plain package.
Look at some new items on their website and it will say retail packaging for the brand new, sealed items.

2. The description states the 2 AA batteries needed are not included.
I just purchased the controller yesterday at BB. It was brand new and had 2 AA batteries in the package.

man some people are such stiffs. your saving over 20 dollars buying one from here. and you know what? whenever you here about problems, you only hear from the small loud minority. You NEVER here from the people, if ever, who never have problems and are satisfied.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']man some people are such stiffs. your saving over 20 dollars buying one from here. and you know what? whenever you here about problems, you only hear from the small loud minority. You NEVER here from the people, if ever, who never have problems and are satisfied.[/QUOTE]

I welcome those satisfied with their purchase to voice their opinions.

However, people that have experience with refurbrished products also have the right to voice their opinions.

Guess what? The people that get stiffed by these companies then gripe about it in another forum....BOO HOO

Just got mine 20 minutes ago. It didn't come in the original retail box. The contents in the package are the controller, the receiver, and the manual. No Batteries.

The condition of the controller is good. Just a little bit of dust on the D-pad and left analog stick. The serial number on the back of the controller has been marked off. Other than that, it looks as good as new. It's working great so far. I'm happy with it.

I got mine today also, I would say that it is a refurbished controller. Mine was aslo a little dusty and had no batteriers with it. I did the recalibration with it and used it a bit today and it works just fine. I'm happy with it.

i just got a slim ps2, gotta say, im pretty mad at logtitech....the receiver that plugs into the controller port wont fit normally into the ps2, the controller receiver actually makes the pstwo tilted and holds it up because it doesnt align flatly with the unit. great.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']i just got a slim ps2, gotta say, im pretty mad at logtitech....the receiver that plugs into the controller port wont fit normally into the ps2, the controller receiver actually makes the pstwo tilted and holds it up because it doesnt align flatly with the unit. great.[/QUOTE]

Is the Logitech controller the first edition? (needs 4 AA batteries)

unforeseen--I imagine it was the current version of the controller (at least, that's the one this thread is talking about); it does indeed stick out from the slim PS2 if you have it horizontal. Can't really blame Logitech though: the slim PS2 wasn't even announced until months after this controller came out.

bread's done
Back