* * * * - 3 votes

Best Buy Ad 5/22-5/28: Free game with purchase of an Xbox One console

#61 markbrochilll   Typical Nintendo Fanboy /s CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

markbrochilll

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:44 PM

Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch verwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch Overwatch!!!!!!

#62 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6717 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:56 PM

Do you like overwatch

#63 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12293 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:07 PM

Apparently disney is canning the infinity series so look out for those things to go on clearance everywhere at some point this year

#64 YugiMoto  

YugiMoto

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:16 PM

Do you like overwatch

I think he just cracked his parents password and went crazy on the boards.

#65 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1013 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:28 PM

Should wait for next week on H5 save a few bucks.

I'm confused by your comment. This ad IS for the next week. I'm not buying anything until then.

And price match plus cartwheel at target to get it even cheaper.

Didn't realize Target price matched. Is it a hassle? How much will it be at Target? The price will be cheaper than if I were to get the GCU discount at Best Buy?

#66 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8573 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:27 PM

I'm confused by your comment. This ad IS for the next week. I'm not buying anything until then.

Didn't realize Target price matched. Is it a hassle? How much will it be at Target? The price will be cheaper than if I were to get the GCU discount at Best Buy?

Yea got confused thought I was on the 15th thread.

PM with Carthweel is hugely YMMV so dont expect it to work.

#67 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1013 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:48 PM

Yea got confused thought I was on the 15th thread.

PM with Carthweel is hugely YMMV so dont expect it to work.

Haha no worries!

Yeah; I'll just avoid the trouble and go with Best Buy. Thanks!

#68 yulksmash  

yulksmash

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:52 PM

Looks like BB jumped the gun a week early on Tomb Raider. It's already $29.99 today. Copped with a $10 RZ cert for $14.25 after tax.

#69 Petey Parker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Petey Parker

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:57 PM

Definitely picking up TMNT. I have $10 in reward certs plus my son has been asking to see the new movie when it comes out.

#70 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3200 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

I really cant wait for Overwatch either.

#71 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1673 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:34 PM

FYI Tomb Raider price is already live

A week ahead? Might be a permanent price drop then

#72 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2439 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

It's at least an 8. Did you play on Hard? Did you get all the achievements? Did you read all the in-game journals and collectibles? It's a pretty deep story, with lots of unanswered questions. Looking forward to a sequel.

The game bombed. You'll never get that sequel.

#73 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:54 PM

Right, it's not going to sell any more copies forever.

#74 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10723 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:47 PM

The game bombed. You'll never get that sequel.

That is interesting to say considering it has sold better than Alan Wake at the same point and people still think there will be a sequel for that game.

#75 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:07 PM

Right, it's not going to sell any more copies forever.

Most games are front loaded. Only Nintendo games, gta and Minecraft have a long tail. Quantum break only sold about 150k opening month in the U.S.

Doesn't mean you won't get a quantum break 2 but I wouldn't hold your breath for it.

#76 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:16 PM

That's not accounting for digital sales and bundles though right?

#77 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:26 PM

That's not accounting for digital sales and bundles though right?

Including bundles it did sub 150k.

If you assume 20% of its sales is digital it did sub 180k which is still not great. At retail it got outsold by ratchet, mlb, division, gta v, Minecraft and ofc dark souls 3.

#78 jeztur2003   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

jeztur2003

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:39 PM

The game was fun.. And the graphics were way better than you are making it out to be. Maybe it's your low quality Vizio tv

When has Vizio or 4K been low quality? LOL I have the P55 might wanna check the reviews on it smh.

#79 jeztur2003   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

jeztur2003

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:43 PM

I would get Tomb Raider but am fearful of not enjoying it as much if I play it right after Uncharted 4, like it won't compare well but if I wait maybe I'll play it without that in mind

Again this is just my opinion but don't neglect yourself Uncharted is by far my favorite series but rise of the Tomb Raider was incredible and definitely up there with Uncharted. I actually like some things better on Tomb Raider.

#80 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3585 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:58 PM

Again this is just my opinion but don't neglect yourself Uncharted is by far my favorite series but rise of the Tomb Raider was incredible and definitely up there with Uncharted. I actually like some things better on Tomb Raider.

Tomb Raider has one of the best bows in a video game ever. Feels so nice!

#81 Stickboy46   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Stickboy46

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:20 AM

When has Vizio or 4K been low quality? LOL I have the P55 might wanna check the reviews on it smh.

Vizio has always been a budget brand .. And low quality.

#82 victimsofadown   Lurker CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

victimsofadown

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:17 AM

So just to clarify - I can buy QBreak tomorrow and then get the adjustment next week, yes?  This is a better week for me to play which is why I want to get it.

edit: for anyone who had the same question this is from BBYs site

If Best Buy lowers our price during the return and exchange period on a My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked purchase, we will, upon request, apply the 20% discount on the new lower price. For example, If a Gamers Club Unlocked member paid $47.99 for a new game priced at $59.99 and Best Buy lowers the price to $49.99 during the return and exchange period, we will, upon request, price match the new price with the 20% discount and sell the My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked member the game for $39.99.

Also for those unaware (like myself) the return policy is 15 days for us regular schmoes

#83 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9431 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:28 AM

And Tomb Raider's story is just a small portion of the game. It's the challenge tombs that are where it's at and, frankly, as much as I do enjoy Uncharted 4 as well, the tombs and puzzles shine in RoTR.

#84 GreyFox787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

GreyFox787

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:24 AM

If TMNT is as good as Transformers: Devastation was, then I'm in. Also, glad I didn't open my copy of Quantum Break I got from Target yesterday...I can return it and wait another week to save an extra $10...

Still waiting on Tomb Raider to see how the PS4 edition turns out.

#85 jeztur2003   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

jeztur2003

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:23 AM

$1000=budget damn baller didn't know you had it like that. My bad. Low quality=On display floor at Best Buy one of the three 4K TV's they had on display when I purchased it. You know cause Best Buy always puts low quality TV's on display. Jackass. I'm done.

#86 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2473 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

$1000=budget damn baller didn't know you had it like that. My bad. Low quality=On display floor at Best Buy one of the three 4K TV's they had on display when I purchased it. You know cause Best Buy always puts low quality TV's on display. Jackass. I'm done.

Several television manufacturers have "budget" labels that are produced using older parts or assembled in various places but essentially come from the same manufacturer. In the case of Vizio, they are basically just a company that outsources smaller companies to make television sets using various parts acquired from different places. So unlike Panasonic or Sharp, they aren't actually involved in the assembly of the TV themselves. The parts they use are usually cheaper parts made in Taiwan or China as opposed to something like Sony using parts sourced in their own country (Japan) and the parts are basically replicant pieces of what you would get from a name brand television. So when you combine the fact that the TV is made almost entirely of parts made outside of the company licensing it, and the fact that Vizio themselves aren't involved in the actual production, you get the "budget" title.

I don't think it's something to get offended about, it is what it is. Vizio's have a pretty good reputation for holding up well despite their cheaper price, I have owned one in the past. The biggest complaint I ever had with mine was that the color palette was noticeably smaller, the Vizio I owned could not put out the richer shades of colors like black and blue in the same way that a Sharp Aquos could. Then again, the same size television was also $500 cheaper, so that kinda explains it.  

#87 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   748 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:59 PM

Whoa....take it easy man

#88 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1740 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

Latest Vizio is actually very highly rated. Check out this review:

http://www.cnet.com/...es-review-2016/

#89 URABAHN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:17 PM

Grabbed Overwatch. Good thing I saw this before my RZ Cert expired

#90 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:28 PM

Just had to add my two cents about Vizio. They have seriously stepped their game up over the years. Their tvs get top ratings all the time, and it's what I plan on getting when I get some money together.