* - - - - 1 votes

What do you think about Target Transgender Bathroom Policy

#31 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:02 PM

old man in the same bathrooms with kids

So, do you propose we just let them relieve themselves right outside the door then?

#32 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7901 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

old man in the same bathrooms with kids

Where do you think old men go now?  Do you think there is an old man bathroom that they use?

#33 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:08 PM

Where do you think old men go now?  Do you think there is an old man bathroom that they use?

They all go to starmask2k3's "gym." Haven't you been paying attention?

#34 eLefAdEr   All Systems Go CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:24 PM

Ban sex offenders from using public restrooms instead.

...nah, too logical.

#35 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:24 PM

so it's ok for them to use the same bathroom with little girls

#36 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:27 PM

guys that are dressup as girls should not use a girls bathroom

#37 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7901 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:43 PM

so it's ok for them to use the same bathroom with little girls

Better old men use the bathroom with little boys I guess?

Your solution seems a bit lacking.

#38 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:48 PM

Better old men use the bathroom with little boys I guess?

Your solution seems a bit lacking.

No man, keep up. He's saying old men shouldn't be allowed to use any bathroom because they've traumatized him with their nakedness at "the gym".

#39 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10080 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:15 PM

This is what this guy thought to what starmask said

http://ktla.com/2016...fontana-police/

#40 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:45 PM

This whole thing is a political wedge issue.  It's not a coincidence that it's happening in an election year (for a new President no less!).  These people have been using the bathroom for a long time, why is this suddenly an issue?  It's because the Supreme Court ruled on gay marriage and the population in general is moving away from discriminating against gays and lesbians.  So now they need a new election issue, "vote for us and we'll stop those 'men' from using the women's room".  That sort of thing.  It's not like they want to come up with real policies or make hard decisions so they have this.

When this whole fake issue arose out of the ether, I was pretty confused and did a bit of googling.  There are women that transition to men that have beards and look like men.  NC's law would have those men in the women's room based on birth certificate.

#41 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7901 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:53 PM

No man, keep up. He's saying old men shouldn't be allowed to use any bathroom because they've traumatized him with their nakedness at "the gym".

I think you missed the quotes around traumatized 

#42 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9400 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:01 PM

Ban sex offenders from using public restrooms instead.

...nah, too logical.

They can't ban sex offenders, they are the ones making the laws.

#43 Irukandji   Lurking and Twerking CAGiversary!   1259 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:00 AM

They can't ban sex offenders, they are the ones making the laws.

Exactly.

#44 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16939 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:30 PM

Yep, the entire thing as an absolute clusterfuck of stupidity. Let's hit the hightlights...

NC's HB2 (and other laws being made in its image in TN, TX, etc) thinks this person (transgender bodybuilding champion, Shawn Stinson) should go into the women's restroom...

Spoiler

...although, I guarantee that if he did, people would lose their damn minds.

Oh, kind of like this...

http://www.wfaa.com/...a-man/160568442

To be totally fair, I actually think the media spun this one to make this guy seem more malicious than he actually was. He had reasons for being concerned and confused (his mother was in the bathroom), and I don't think he's trying to be overly offensive.

Here's a couple more cases of people using the "correct bathroom" and being harassed anyway.

http://www.out.com/n...thought-she-was

And this one is one of the worst I've seen...which honestly made me question how legit it was. Snopes seems to be unsure themselves.

http://www.complex.c...-bathroom-video

It makes me wonder if it's even ok to tell somebody 'hey, that's the ladies room." when you see what you perceive to be a guy heading toward that door. We all know people do accidentally stumble into the one other than they intended on occasion. Are we so PC now that you have to assume they're not about to embarrass themselves...they just feel like a lady?

That's the thing for me, I'm all for not being able to tell. If you can't tell, there's nothing to be uncomfortable about, so mind your own business. And I mostly believe that the definition of "gender you identify with" SHOULD be how you are trying to outwardly appear (and it shouldn't be something that changes with the weather). Obviously, that can span a broad gamut depending on if you're taking hormones, had surgeries done, etc.

But if we're talking a case where a birth certificate male says he's female, but wants to keep his beard while he wears a dress, then it becomes a problem. It's almost like going shopping with no shirt on. Good for me that it's something I like to do, but it makes everybody around me uncomfortable, so it's not allowed. I can understand that.

I guess I feel like people who truly believe they were born the wrong gender aren't looking to stand out. Like the Shawn Stinson example above, I'd have zero doubt in my mind and wouldn't even give it a second glance that that's a guy. And him going into the ladies room would cause the exact problem that HB2 is worried about. So, it feels like it's a law made for the wrong reasons trying to catch people doing things for the wrong reasons. That's what we've devolved into.

#45 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:19 PM

Cause this is such a huge problem that they need a law.  Give me a break, these are what freedom loving republicans do, find new ways to restrict and punish people who are different.

#46 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7124 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:54 PM

Oh yeah, Dan Patrick, the Lt. Governor of Texas is constantly railing at the bathroom thing, while totally ignoring the many cases of child abuse in his state. http://www.star-tele...le77959032.html

#47 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6039 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:11 PM

I haven't peed in a target bathroom since they made this nasty policy how dare they do that!

Then again I haven't gone to the bathroom in a target for as long as I can remember so there is that too.

#48 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:57 AM

Cause this is such a huge problem that they need a law.  Give me a break, these are what freedom loving republicans do, find new ways to restrict and punish people who are different.

different how

#49 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:14 AM

Don't people say America is the place where you can be whatever you want to be FREELY, where you can make your own destiny, where you can be anyone and make something of yourself?

#50 mrsilkunderwear   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   1701 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

mrsilkunderwear

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:38 PM

Don't people say America is the place where you can be whatever you want to be FREELY, where you can make your own destiny, where you can be anyone and make something of yourself?

Oh, is there a law against being a transgender now? 

#51 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

Oh, is there a law against being a transgender now? 

there should be and for same-sex marriage too

#52 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:32 PM

They should retrofit all of the bathroom space to a section of single occupancy bathrooms. Probably would be able to support the amount who use it on any given day.

Solves any and all issues across all lines. One space for one human. Nobody socializes in the bathroom really.

Just my thoughts.

#53 mrsilkunderwear   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   1701 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

mrsilkunderwear

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:47 AM

No, that would be anti freedom. Pretty much goes against all the natural rights and the founding principles of this country. 

#54 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:41 PM

No, that would be anti freedom. Pretty much goes against all the natural rights and the founding principles of this country. 

what are you talking about this country was founding on christian beliefs

Edited by starmask2k3, 22 May 2016 - 04:55 PM.

#55 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10080 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:31 PM

They also used to burn people for being a witch, lets not forget about that whole slavery thing. The whole bathroom thing is stupid, I can almost guarantee your going to get a bunch of idiots to piss and shit all over the place.

#56 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16939 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:41 PM

Except for that whole separation of church and state thing...which has always been bullshit. And when you consider that the people who founded the country were refugees who were looking for a place they could practice their beliefs freely without persecution, the hypocrisy grows even more.

So, really, if you want to get technical, this country was founded on bullshit and lies.

#57 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7124 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:16 PM

And the Puritans the founded this country were hardcore fundamentalists.

#58 eLefAdEr   All Systems Go CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:28 PM

Ahem... http://www.americais...tiannation.com/

#59 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7124 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:03 PM

Yeah, the country was founded on hippie Enlightenment ideals with plenty of capitalist desires.

#60 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9400 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:49 AM

There should be a ban on bigots and idiots and fake Christians. Oh wait they are all one and the same.

The country was founded on slavery and horse shit and fucking over England and no religion at all.