PSTV $20 Walmart (ymmv?)

DarkHadou10

CAGiversary!
Just picked up one for a friend at a Walmart that I do not usually go to. I'm near a movie theater so I checked it out to burn some time. I cannot post the receipt at this time because I'm in the theater and the movies gonna start soon but can do it later tonight for proof.

Is this every Walmart or just this particular one?

I guess I missed it too. Anyone have the inventory numbers to lookup on BrickSeek?
Stolen from the original thread:

Here's the item number for the Walmart exclusive bundle with Sly:

And this is the item number for the regular dualshock bundle version without Sly:

Stolen from the original thread:

Here's the item number for the Walmart exclusive bundle with Sly:

And this is the item number for the regular dualshock bundle version without Sly:

You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir! :)

Looks like there are a few of the bundles in my area.

These have been pretty much wiped ou. You probably got lucky at a store brickseeker said didn't have any despite it obviously having, thus no one grabbed it until you just did.

So far, a reply

I expected a gif (maybe featuring darby)
STOP THE PRESSES!

giphy.gif

(Somebody's gotta pick up the slack around here)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine three weeks ago. I set it up but haven't turned it on since.
Lol exactly. I even got the super cheap 16GB stick, ready to download any Vita games I had missed out from not owning the system... and yeah. I know it turns on and that I didn't like the Vita UI at all. Hasn't been used since.

Of course, having a 4 month old doesn't exactly let me do much of anything anymore :-({|=

Lol exactly. I even got the super cheap 16GB stick, ready to download any Vita games I had missed out from not owning the system... and yeah. I know it turns on and that I didn't like the Vita UI at all. Hasn't been used since.

Of course, having a 4 month old doesn't exactly let me do much of anything anymore :-({|=
You want to sell that 16 GB card? My 6 year old stepson loves the PSTV, but the card included is too small.

I got mine three weeks ago. I set it up but haven't turned it on since.
I used mine once, .................................. to update the firmware and test the remote play functionality out once. I haven't turned mine on since either.

I was underwhelmed with the streaming feature so I haven't touched it since that first time I turned it on.  My daughter played the Lego Movie Game for a bit but she lost interest pretty quick.  

I really wish I hadn't updated it so I could try out hacking/emulation.  Waiting to see if Walmart drops the prices any further before I bite on another base PSTV.

None of the Walmarts within an hour currently have any (or had any back when they dropped close to this low). Sucks too because a lot of my Vita games are compatible. I would get a lot of use out of one.

Anything that requires camera input will crash the system. So if you run the whitelist and play something like Golden Abyss, it will work... until a camera segment pops up. Then the system argle-bargles and you lose any progress you made from your last save to that point. Same deal for Assassin's Creed: Lady Liberty, which has a scene where you have to hold up a document to the light to read it. I wound up getting the PS3 version because I wasn't going to be able to play through the whole thing on a PSTV anyway.

Wait ... so Walmart is not paying people $20 to take this thing off their shelf? 

I guess even then it would be too much money.  :D/

No? Not funny. Sorry guys..... I'm really trying here. 

You want to sell that 16 GB card? My 6 year old stepson loves the PSTV, but the card included is too small.
Sorry, I will eventually end up using it once I can fit in time between diaper changes, spitup cleanings, and crying fits because his outfit is the wrong color (...)

Have you checked your local Walmarts? They went on clearance last month and they're hidden in different areas around games, movies and cameras. Saw an 8 GB card in their main clearance section, a few random accessories on an endcap in games, then 1 16GB card listed at full price (that rang up at clearance price) with other clearance stuff next to camera accessories.

Sorry, I will eventually end up using it once I can fit in time between diaper changes, spitup cleanings, and crying fits because his outfit is the wrong color (...)
No, you won't. I have two kids, 11 and 4, and the free time never comes. I don't know why I even buy games anymore. :wall:

I am now on the hunt for memory cards! When are those pirates gonna learn how to fake the vita memory?! I am also pretty bummed I missed Bionic Commando when it was on sale last week. Glad I got my PS TV!

Damn, I'd love to get a bundle and play my Vita games on my TV but no Walmarts around me have this in-stock. Oh well, wait until a price drop on Amazon.

Damn, I'd love to get a bundle and play my Vita games on my TV but no Walmarts around me have this in-stock. Oh well, wait until a price drop on Amazon.
Don't trust brickseek, it's not accurate on this at all as I've been to several walmarts and two of which didn't even show as having any on brickseek yet they had several $20 base versions and the random $30 bundle (with sly & lego). There are 3 versions of the system floating around out there as well. So, if you haven't physically checked... it's entirely possible there are bundles out there. One store I went in showed 1 or less in stock and they had about 8 of them... and they were behind the wrong price tag too as the one I bought rang up $30.

Memory cards seem to be the random holy grail of hunting this stuff.

Thanks OP. Grabbed one for each TV in the house as Remote Play streaming boxes. Totally worth it at that price for that alone. BrickSeek.com showed "1 or less in stock" but there were 6 in the case, all dusty... behind a 29.96 price tag. I'd say for anyone looking for one of these bundles, to just check your local Walmart, regardless of what stock sites say... you may be pleasantly surprised. Just make sure you look in all the little corners of the Video Game section as these will probably be tucked away somewhere you might not even think of looking.

FWIW I had no idea this deal has been going on for as long as it has. Thanks OP. I was hard up for a dual shock 3 but didn't want to pony up 60 bucks at retail. This was a decent deal for the controller alone - I consider the pstv and Lego game bonuses. Thanks again.

Hey no problem guys, I'm glad this has been useful to you guys. I feel like some users are on my case cause I posted a late deal (I'm not always on CAG). But I'm glad someone has gotten some use out of it :)

Indeed, there does seem to be an unreasonable amount of vitriol in this thread. And yeah I recognize this might be a little older of a deal, but I wasn't aware of it. Fact is, I consider a dual shock 3, pstv, Lego the Movie game, and Sly Cooper all for 30 bones a pretty good deal and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Indeed, there does seem to be an unreasonable amount of vitriol in this thread. And yeah I recognize this might be a little older of a deal, but I wasn't aware of it. Fact is, I consider a dual shock 3, pstv, Lego the Movie game, and Sly Cooper all for 30 bones a pretty good deal and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.
I think the "vitriol" came from the fact that there was already a thread running about this topic for about a month and that this new one seems to have become the new predominant thread.

I think the "vitriol" came from the fact that there was already a thread running about this topic for about a month and that this new one seems to have become the new predominant thread.
Well it is what it is, just glad it was helpful to some. I just thought I'd post my findings. I didn't even buy a PSTV for myself as I already have one, got it for a friend.

Well it is what it is, just glad it was helpful to some. I just thought I'd post my findings. I didn't even buy a PSTV for myself as I already have one, got it for a friend.
It's all good, dude. I wasn't the original poster from the first thread. I was just providing an explanation. And it's not the first time that someone has double posted. Probably won't be the last. ;)

bread's done
Back