Battleborn (Xbox One) $39.98 Amazon

Holly shit game is not even month old, it had to sell pretty bad in first week when they already trying to clear the stock

According to reports it sold (or shipped) more copies then the first Borderlands. Not amazing but not as bad as I thought.
Numbers like that make for good PR/marketing talk points (just like movie box office $s in the news), but they can be deceiving. We have to remember that the gaming market was much smaller 7 years ago than it is now. There are a ton more XB/PS/PC gamers now.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, I played Battleborn alpha and wasn't impressed. I only know of one person that actually bought the game. I'm riding the Overwatch hype bad though, I'm ready for its release.

yeah, I played Battleborn alpha and wasn't impressed. I only know of one person that actually bought the game. I'm riding the Overwatch hype bad though, I'm ready for its release.
I got a sick Widowmaker skin in the "beta" and then found out that stuff wont carry over even though it's "early access" so I had to stop playing

because if I got a McCree skin or someone else that I actually use, I would be pissed that I can't keep it

I got a sick Widowmaker skin in the "beta" and then found out that stuff wont carry over even though it's "early access" so I had to stop playing

because if I got a McCree skin or someone else that I actually use, I would be pissed that I can't keep it
I got sad since I earned some cute tags for playing well. I didn't stop since I had too much fun playing it. I did get very tired of seeing the same ults over and over and over in the play of the games and some levels weren't balanced well (Japanese level with second capture point being camper's paradise) but I just loved the way it played. I generally suck badly at CoD and Battlefield and Titanfall...etc... I'm very good at Overwatch and play very well in many roles including being offensive. Just clicks with me a lot like Team Fortress 2 did.

I got sad since I earned some cute tags for playing well. I didn't stop since I had too much fun playing it. I did get very tired of seeing the same ults over and over and over in the play of the games and some levels weren't balanced well (Japanese level with second capture point being camper's paradise) but I just loved the way it played. I generally suck badly at CoD and Battlefield and Titanfall...etc... I'm very good at Overwatch and play very well in many roles including being offensive. Just clicks with me a lot like Team Fortress 2 did.
Yeah, I liked TF2 a lot at the beginning, and I felt like it lost a lot of what made it interesting once they started adding all the alternate weapons, inventory, etc. I hope Blizzard just sticks to cosmetics and new maps/characters.

The main thing I don't like is the unlocking method. You only get one loot box per level up, and with the vast majority of unlockables being dumbass voice lines or sprays, the chance of getting something really good is pretty slim. Added to the very high XP requirements of the higher levels, it seems like eventually it'll take forever for a mere shot at something you might use.

Also, having special highlight animations for characters who will never get a Play of the Game, because of the way that system works (Symmetra, despite often being MVP) is very strange. They need to rework that so it isn't always Junkrat, Reaper, or Bastion. Give some credit to support classes. They're often my favorite to play.

Game is ok but I got the sense that the single player campaign is just 8 linear missions that are more like tutorials and training mode before heading into Moba pvp stuff

The main thing I don't like is the unlocking method. You only get one loot box per level up, and with the vast majority of unlockables being dumbass voice lines or sprays, the chance of getting something really good is pretty slim. Added to the very high XP requirements of the higher levels, it seems like eventually it'll take forever for a mere shot at something you might use.
The game is going to get free dlc content, like characters and maps so thats a huge plus and its very nice to have.

The loot boxes and high level requirements to unlock them later on however, thats just business. You know some stockholder or someone running the business side at Blizzard opted in for this.

We could unlock everything ourselves by playing the game a ton, but yeah, if you REALLY want that fancy looking skin, drop some money on random loot boxes. Its their only way of getting DLC money post launch really. I don't blame em, its not something players NEED to play the game anyway, its a WANT. I don't mind it, it makes sense.

Its just good business.
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_3a3rx7v65bqcs00swco4skokc_640.png

I predicted this. More drops to come. I pre-ordered this because I it trekking in value was fully insured. Called CS @ best buy and got $8.11 credited to my CC.

$53.00 GCU Pre Order
-$10.00 Reward Cert
-$7.00 DLC sale via ebay
-$8.00 Price match
= $28 @ moment invested in game

Thanks OP for post. Without it I wouldn't have gotten some cash back. Cheers!

The game is going to get free dlc content, like characters and maps so thats a huge plus and its very nice to have.

The loot boxes and high level requirements to unlock them later on however, thats just business. You know some stockholder or someone running the business side at Blizzard opted in for this.

We could unlock everything ourselves by playing the game a ton, but yeah, if you REALLY want that fancy looking skin, drop some money on random loot boxes. Its their only way of getting DLC money post launch really. I don't blame em, its not something players NEED to play the game anyway, its a WANT. I don't mind it, it makes sense.
The thing is, I actually might be inclined to spend some money if I could get the skins I wanted, but I'm absolutely not paying for more random boxes. It's a very strange system.

But yeah, it's good that they're committing to free maps/characters... At least until the first Overwatch expansion, because Blizzard.

Game is ok but I got the sense that the single player campaign is just 8 linear missions that are more like tutorials and training mode before heading into Moba pvp stuff
You're correct, and you'll be running those same 8 long ass missions for every character to complete various "lore challenges" so you can unlock more characters.

Drop the price before Overwatch launches, in an attempt to gain players and not lose too much money. Makes perfect business sense. However, Battleborn just doesn't appeal to me in the MP aspect and Overwatch doesn't seem to offer a lot for the full price on consoles. In the end, Battleborn doesn't get a purchase from me and Overwatch will have to hit at least $30 before I consider.

I'll wait for 24.99 at bestbuy overwatch is coming out on monday and don't need battleborn sitting in the backlog for the next 6 months

From what I played of the beta, single player was definitely an afterthought. The missions seem very unbalanced - I couldn't make it fifteen minutes with a melee character, but I finished a whole mission without dying once as a healer. Multiplayer vs. bots was also terrible to the point where I don't even know why they included it. I know Batleborn and Overwatch are multiplayer-focused, but Garden Warfare 2 showed you can make a great single player experience, so it's a shame the other games didn't follow suit.

AMZ is giving $37.79 in TIV.  Lock it in.  Get it in 2 days with Prime.  Play it for a few days.  Either keep it or send it in for trade.  Cheaper than $3 a day at Redbox.

The correct choice is not buy either along with 10 other shooters that come out every month. Haven't we played enough of the genre for the last decade or two? Oh well, I'm the minority here. Game companies know shooters are all western kids play these days. Buy on. lol
Overwatch is good though, I hate FPS but I love Overwatch so go figure.

The correct choice is not buy either along with 10 other shooters that come out every month. Haven't we played enough of the genre for the last decade or two? Oh well, I'm the minority here. Game companies know shooters are all western kids play these days. Buy on. lol
All shooters are not created equal. Disregarding any genre as a whole is a pretty stupid thing to do.

All shooters are not created equal. Disregarding any genre as a whole is a pretty stupid thing to do.
True, FPS are not created equal, not by a long shot.

FPS on a console=poor controlling crap.

FPS on a PC with KB/Mouse=1000000000000000000% better controls.

I rarely play FPS anymore myself, they have all turned into the same game with a different skin.

VN's however, is a genre I do ignore though..

The first borderlands was more of a cult hit than anything. Borderlands 2 is when the series really took off
Are you high?

Borderlands - 5.71 million total units (360, PS3, PC)

Borderlands 2 - 6.24 million total units (360, PS3, PC) *PSVita sold .81 million units, but it's not relevant to the comparison due to PSV pack-in bundles, lack of PSV content, and lack of Blands 1 availability.

Borderlands 2 sold marginally better, but only DRAMATICALLY improved in the PC market.

Also, just for giggles, the total Borderlands presequel sales are 1.65 million HAHAHAHA, Gearbox really earned that with that uninspired cash grab.

Waiting for the GOTY version that comes with a free vial of Randy Pitchford's tears.
Heh I wish companies would stop with this GOTY stuff for games that obviously won no ones game of the year. Just call it complete or good for now edition or something.

bread's done
Back