* * * * - 6 votes

$5 Footlong PSN Flash Sale Ends 5/23 @ 3 PM ET - $3.19 Hitman Go, $3 Defense Grid 2, $5 GW3, & More!

#181 .Beowulf  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:42 AM

Considering:

Journey

Okami

Killzone Mercenary

buy all

#182 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   1167 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:22 AM

I'm sure you already know it, but buying the physical version isn't going to save you any space on your HDD, since most physical games have to be fully installed and take up the same amount of space. If you prefer physical games, of course it's worth looking for that version. It's been pretty cheap physically in the past, but this is by far the cheapest price for the digital version. I bought the digital just for the convenience, already have the physical.

You can actually get the physical version of it pre-owned on the Gamestop 4 for $20 sale. $5 for the physical copy.

#183 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1767 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:33 AM

I just bought Tetris for the PS4. I've heard of that crap game. ;)

Hopefully the PS4 has the horsepower to run Tetris. Maybe I will wait to play it on the Neo to make sure I get the full experience.

It's funny you mention Tetris PS4. I was looking into it today and it seems it was reported to be glitchy and unplayable. I was coming here to see if anyone had tried it yet on PS4.

#184 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1965 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:40 AM

buy all

Well here's why I'm hesitating

Journey - walking simulator

okami - often compared to zelda games but I don't like zelda games that much tbh

Killzone - filesize is too big. I doubt I'd ever feel like deleting stuff on my card just to make space for this

#185 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1770 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:43 AM

It's funny you mention Tetris PS4. I was looking into it today and it seems it was reported to be glitchy and unplayable. I was coming here to see if anyone had tried it yet on PS4.

I haven't played it in a while but I was dissatisfied with it.   I think a lot of it is complete certain goals, like complete 30 lines to unlock the next thing.  I want to say the playing area seemed smaller than it should be.  Again, I don't really remember because I stopped playing it but it was worse and less enjoyable than the Vita version of Tetris.

#186 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70317 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:46 AM

okami - often compared to zelda games but I don't like zelda games that much tbh

Killzone - filesize is too big. I doubt I'd ever feel like deleting stuff on my card just to make space for this

Sounds like you don't want any of the games.

#187 Vulgarism   We took this world to our graves. CAGiversary!   4143 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:49 AM

Picked up Persona 3 Portable and Journey (Journey on a whim, since it was PS3/PS4 crossbuy.) Beat Journey in a few hours, one sitting, but I am glad to finally have experienced it. Not going to go into detail, but damn was it wonderful. Well worth the price, excited to do another playthrough sometime soon.

#188 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1965 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:49 AM

Sounds like you don't want any of the games.

Well they're already in my cart. I'm just trying to convince myself to not want them.

#189 .Beowulf  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:57 AM

if money is the issue skip them all

if I had to pick 2 I would go journey and okami

if I had to pick 1 I would pick okami

#190 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:39 AM

Hitman GO worth $3.19?

#191 Chihuahua Dad   Patriots fanatic CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Chihuahua Dad

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:05 AM

Journey is showing up at $14.99 still, on my PS4. Is it a different version?

#192 Captain Urahara   Praise The Sun CAGiversary!   2945 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Captain Urahara

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:16 AM

Considering:

Okami

For the love of all that is holy buy this. The game is fantastic and absolutely gorgeous to boot. Well worth the money for sure.

#193 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70317 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:36 AM

Journey is showing up at $14.99 still, on my PS4. Is it a different version?

Check the OP, as I linked to the PS3 version that's on sale.

#194 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2487 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:38 AM

Save your $5 and skip Killzone Shadow Fall. It's abysmal.
  • AoA likes this

#195 Chihuahua Dad   Patriots fanatic CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Chihuahua Dad

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:42 AM

Check the OP, as I linked to the PS3 version that's on sale.

Ok, I tried buying it thru the store on my PS4. I don't have a PS3, so as long as I can play on the PS4. I'll buy it thru the website, thanks. :)

#196 RockForty  

RockForty

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:52 AM

Hitman GO worth $3.19?

A thousand times yes. It's a real cool little puzzle game and is wholly unique. It has gotten cheaper if you'd prefer it on your phone or Windows but if you want it on console, it's so good. I'm really hoping Lara Croft GO gets the same PS4 port style soon.

#197 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11170 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:02 AM

Hitman GO worth $3.19?

Basically you are on a grid and the goal is to traverse obstacles to reach your objective. Each level has 1 goal (escape or kill your target) and 2 sub goals which range from finishing under a certain number of moves, to picking up a briefcase on the way, or not killing any guards. Things begin simply with fat guards who are lazy and only look in one direction so that you can easily kill them by flanking them from the sides or behind. But they slowly add mechanics like guards who patrol back and forth across the map, moving 1 tile whenever you move, trap doors to move several tiles across the map in one move, locked doors which require collecting keys, large potted plants you can use to hide on the same tile as a guard, guard uniforms to sneak by guards of the same color, etc. I also like that it is not a twitch based puzzler, you can take as much time as you want to consider your next move.

5 chapters have 15 levels, and 2 chapters have 8 levels. It has a lot of gold trophies and a plat. Crossbuy PS4/Vita and it plays fine on the Vita. Can control it using the analog stick or touch controls.

#198 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1770 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:18 PM

Save your $5 and skip Killzone Shadow Fall. It's abysmal.

Finally someone says this.  I've hidden in the shadows hoping somebody shared my belief.  When the game came out and I had no PS4 games, I was able to get it for $20.  Hated it then, never finished it and always thought I wasted money (even though it was a great deal at the time). 

#199 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4518 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:24 PM

Picked up Persona 3 Portable for the backlog.

#200 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1767 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:34 PM

Now that the dust has settled, I think you guys have talked me out of a $5 Killzone rebuy. Maybe I'll stick with just Banner Saga and Hitman Go this sale.

#201 jiggyteddy   Frugal As Can Be CAGiversary!   1958 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

jiggyteddy

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:43 PM

Not everyone defines "AAA" the same... Nor does everyone value $5 the same.

Interesting debate though.

#202 Havok83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:34 PM

Why do I have the feeling that Killzone is on this bc it's set to be offered on PS Plus in the near future? Its like they are trying to push any last minute sales before they take the plunge

#203 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70317 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:15 PM

Why do I have the feeling that Killzone is on this bc it's set to be offered on PS Plus in the near future? Its like they are trying to push any last minute sales before they take the plunge

I really doubt it, but feel free to believe whatever you want.

#204 JamesS77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

JamesS77

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:25 PM

Picked up Hitman Trilogy HD & Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition for a total of $8.48 :D/

#205 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:56 PM

Man this is a bad sale. Is Killzone, Thief and Murdered Soul Suspect really the best AAA games they can offer? Those might very well be the 3 worst AAA games on the system outside of the new Homefront. And I already own a lot of the digital games like Outlast and Transistor because of PS Plus.

Some great deals for PS3 however.

#206 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   331 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:01 PM

was thinking bout getting journey, my friend asked "is that the game where u walk in sand, and your swag is measured by the length of the scarf thing?" I was like *remove from cart.

#207 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:05 PM

was thinking bout getting journey, my friend asked "is that the game where u walk in sand, and your swag is measured by the length of the scarf thing?" I was like *remove from cart.

don't do yourself a disservice, it really is a unique experience.

#208 Chihuahua Dad   Patriots fanatic CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Chihuahua Dad

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:18 PM

don't do yourself a disservice, it really is a unique experience.

Agreed. Totally worth the price tag. I beat it, now the wife is playing thru it!

#209 limesqueeze   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

limesqueeze

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:36 PM

I have heard that Journey is a great experience. I know almost nothing about it. Someone did tell me to try and do it all in one go. However, i don't usually have lots of time to game all at once. 30 minutes here and there. Still recommend?

#210 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:59 PM

Grabbed Hitman Go, Beach Buggy Racing and Riptide GP2 just now. Other than the first Need for Speed, I've got no other racing games and the prices and file sizes for the mobile ports were just right to have a little bit of arcade action on my PS4. Considering Terraria and the first Jackbox, but I couldn't get into Terraria on Vita and I don't play multiplayer games ever so I'm not sure if You Don't Know Jack is worth the $5.