(Ymmv) Overwatch: Origins 39.19 w/ prime (ps4/xb1)

poker360

Banned
Last edited by a moderator:
Tried with the CE and it was a no go. Other people I know got lucky so it's worth a try. I didn't feel like pushing it so I just canceled my order. I'm getting it for free on Xbox one anyway.

Because of how the price is listed, OP is right in getting an adjustment.  If it had the 59.99 crossed out and the 48.99 listed underneath, then he'd be up shit's creek.

Limited Edition or nothing!
I really wanted to like the LE. The box looks cool and I'd love the steelbook but having to pay that much extra for a mediocre statue of one of the most boring characters they could of chosen is a no go for me.

Not to mention he is painted gray/black(?) Why not a colored version? Why not Reaper? Tracer? Reinhart? D.Va? ANYONE BUT SOLDIER-76.

/rant

Still grabbing the game and will be playing the hell out of it. Loved the beta.

Overwatch is listed at 48.99 on consoles right now. With prime it is only discounting to 47.99. I placedar my order and contacted customer service, and was able to get it adjusted to 39.19. It did require persistence and informing them of the 20 percent off promotion and how it applies when the order is placed.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017L187LE/ref=sxl1?qid=1463838334&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65
I have Prime and I'm not getting that price. You should update the title

(Ymmv) Overwatch: Origins 39.19 w/ begging (ps4/xb1)

I like solider 76 and am actually glad it's a statue of him. I played him about 50% of the beta and I started to get really good with him.

I like solider 76 and am actually glad it's a statue of him. I played him about 50% of the beta and I started to get really good with him.
I don't disagree that he's a viable character. It's just.. he is Call of Duty: the character. I just think there are much better options for a game full of a such a colorful, varied roster. I think Reaper or Tracer would of been a great selection.

To each their own. :)

I don't disagree that he's a viable character. It's just.. he is Call of Duty: the character. I just think there are much better options for a game full of a such a colorful, varied roster. I think Reaper or Tracer would of been a great selection.

To each their own. :)
I agree. I feel like, if anything, Tracer has become the poster child for the game. It would have seemed much more natural to have given her a statue instead.

Sorry but it's not begging to ask them to follow their own policy.
It is begging since of how Amazon's half-assed emulation of Best Buy's GCU works. They give you 20% off the MSRP price only as a pre-order and up to 2 weeks post-release. If the game drops, you don't get the difference back since they don't price match.

Best Buy, however, has their 20% work on all prices, pre-release and post-release. It just won't stack with PMs, which is expected.

This is why I've been giving much more of my pre-order business to BB versus Amazon since I can PM up to 45 days post-purchase being MyRZ Elite+. Same goes for my game buying in general.

Still Bestbuy gives me more for this game, they had the $10 certificate plus the 20% off and a metal place of overwatch in the end they are giving a little bit more than amazon.

I was able to talk via chat with a representative of Amazon and told me that if you pre-ordered the game automatically you will have a refund within 5 business days, so the game should end at $39.19 plus tax.

That also applies to Uncharted 4 that at the moment is at $48.99 too.

This doesn't follow their policy. They don't give 20% off of sale prices. Only GCU does that
Would have to disagree. From Amazon's FAQ on Prime savings (http://z-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/vg/varia/finalized-frequentlyaskedquestions-v2.html):

The game is already discounted, do I still get 20% off at checkout?

Yes, Prime members get at least 20% off list price on new physical video games during pre-order and two weeks after launch. If the game is discounted less than 20%, Prime members get the full 20% off at checkout. If the game is already discounted more than 20%, Prime customers get the lower price.

Edit: Was able to get a promise (in Amazon chat) of 20% back on my card within 5 days on my order of the Collector's Edition. Definitely had it emailed so that I can show if it does not get refunded.

Would have to disagree. From Amazon's FAQ on Prime savings (http://z-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/vg/varia/finalized-frequentlyaskedquestions-v2.html):

Yes, Prime members get at least 20% off list price on new physical video games during pre-order and two weeks after launch. If the game is discounted less than 20%, Prime members get the full 20% off at checkout. If the game is already discounted more than 20%, Prime customers get the lower price.

Edit: Was able to get a promise (in Amazon chat) of 20% back on my card within 5 days on my order of the Collector's Edition. Definitely had it emailed so that I can show if it does not get refunded.
I bolded the important port for ya. In laymen's terms It's suppose to be 20% off MSRP price, if the game gets discount more then the 20% MSRP price then they get the lower price instead of just the 20%. 20% isn't suppose to stack with discounted prices on Amazon thus why GCU is better then Prime for Gaming deals. Folks are getting lucky because they have it listed at $xx.xx instead of having the MSRP price crossed off with the sale price (assuming because it's pre-order?) and giving the effort to contact customer service.

I bolded the important port for ya. In laymen's terms It's suppose to be 20% off MSRP price, if the game gets discount more then the 20% MSRP price then they get the lower price instead of just the 20%. 20% isn't suppose to stack with discounted prices on Amazon thus why GCU is better then Prime for Gaming deals. Folks are getting lucky because they have it listed at $xx.xx instead of having the MSRP price crossed off with the sale price (assuming because it's pre-order?) and giving the effort to contact customer service.
Depends on how you read it. It states list price, not MSRP price. I can argue that the list price is $48.99. That would not be the same as the MSRP price of $59.99 which is not even shown when I look at the game's page.

Either way, I was able to get the 20% off the collector's edition without issue.

That means you get 20% off OR the sale price. Whatever is cheaper. 20% is $47.99. Overwatch is $$48.99 on sale, the 20% discount is $1 less then the sale price so you get the 20% off price.

That means you get 20% off OR the sale price. Whatever is cheaper. 20% is $47.99. Overwatch is $$48.99 on sale, the 20% discount is $1 less then the sale price so you get the 20% off price.
Apparently easy to manage through Amazon CSR. Didn't have an issue through chat getting 20% off the price shown on their page. If they don't show the MSRP and "sale" price, it's easy to argue the 20% off the price of the price shown.

Depends on how you read it. It states list price, not MSRP price. I can argue that the list price is $48.99. That would not be the same as the MSRP price of $59.99 which is not even shown when I look at the game's page.

Either way, I was able to get the 20% off the collector's edition without issue.
Thus the YMMY

It's the way Amazon listed it that majority, if they bothered to contact customer service can get a double discount, but technically if Amazon denied them, they'd be in the right.

Because if you search Overwatch on Amazon they'll have the regular MSRP listed as well as the sale price but once you click on the item itself it doesn't have the MRSP just the sale price.

I'm just saying this cause GCU is still better

and I don't want people whining that they got denied.

Thus the YMMY

It's the way Amazon listed it that majority, if they bothered to contact customer service can get a double discount, but technically if Amazon denied them, they'd be in the right.

Because if you search Overwatch on Amazon they'll have the regular MSRP listed as well as the sale price but once you click on the item itself it doesn't have the MRSP just the sale price.

I'm just saying this cause GCU is still better

and I don't want people whining that they got denied.
I'm all about GCU (reason I am Elite Plus), but I got a much better deal through Amazon due to this, especially on the CE. Worth a try through Amazon CSR.

Why did you post this to defend your argument? This wording just proves that it doesn't apply to sales lol.

Not saying the op is wrong if it says list price then that goes into the wording if their policy and have to discount further. You may have been thinking about it the right way but didn't state that to back up your supporting evidence.

As much as I ranted about the statue choice, I placed an order for the CE since I don't mind paying an extra $20 or so for everything after all is said and done. I was told I would be charged the correct 20% off final price when the game ships and I have nothing to worry about. I took a screenshot of the current price and e-mailed a transcript of the chat to myself.

Nice find, OP.

It will come down in price next 45 days. Already recouped some from Battleborn and Doom will be next. Be patient and those that aren't a higher tier @ best buy keeps your eyes open. You'll see a probe difference in next 30.

Not sure if I should try again. I tried right when the price wen live last night, guy kept saying it wasnt eligible then finally relented that I should receive the difference back in 24-72 hours.

Not sure if I want to risk them saying it wasnt a valid match or something

So what did you guys tell them to get the extra %20? If I place an order I see the total as $100+ not $70...

Amazon is being retarded with me. I'm getting the same BS about them not price matching on post purchase other than on TVs. They are refusing to acknowledge the Pre-order Guarantee.

Not sure how you guys got it done, let alone got 20% off the sale price as well. The rep keeps saying the price match guarantee is only valid till shipping date, but the product description literally says the end of the release day.....getting so annoyed I might just order a second one, and return it when it comes later as the first one to be safe.

Yep. She says once its shipped its not valid for price matching. I guess guarantee means something different to Amazon.

Contact CS via chat and let them know that the 20% prime discount didn't apply. They'll credit you the difference once the item ships.
Ah cool thanks, They told me it'll get credited on Monday, but I got confirmation that it's $75.99 once it's applied.

Amazon is being retarded with me. I'm getting the same BS about them not price matching on post purchase other than on TVs. They are refusing to acknowledge the Pre-order Guarantee.

Not sure how you guys got it done, let alone got 20% off the sale price as well. The rep keeps saying the price match guarantee is only valid till shipping date, but the product description literally says the end of the release day.....getting so annoyed I might just order a second one, and return it when it comes later as the first one to be safe.

Yep. She says once its shipped its not valid for price matching. I guess guarantee means something different to Amazon.
It's not a PM that you're asking for, it's a post-purchase price adjustment, which they do from shipment to 7 days from receipt, only against their own prices. Usually only worth doing for a significant price drop. They will only do one per order.

It's not a PM that you're asking for, it's a post-purchase price adjustment, which they do from shipment to 7 days from receipt, only against their own prices. Usually only worth doing for a significant price drop. They will only do one per order.
I copy pasted right from the guarantee into the chat, but she still said it wasnt valid once the item shipped despite it saying other. She eventually contacted her higher ups and apparently they told her to make a note to credit me the difference if it doesn't do it automatically in 72 hours.

I don't feel like trying a 3rd time and risking getting flagged or something over a legit price match. So you guys who even managed to get it for $76 are super fucking lucky, can't even get them to take mine down to $95.

I copy pasted right from the guarantee into the chat, but she still said it wasnt valid once the item shipped despite it saying other. She eventually contacted her higher ups and apparently they told her to make a note to credit me the difference if it doesn't do it automatically in 72 hours.

I don't feel like trying a 3rd time and risking getting flagged or something over a legit price match. So you guys who even managed to get it for $76 are super fucking lucky, can't even get them to take mine down to $95.
I tried to get customer service to adjust my price before my product shipped and they kept denying me, i escalated it again early afternoon today after it shipped and they insisted they wouldnt do it simply because it shipped even though the pre-order guarentee was in effect.

Out of curiosity was your customer service representative named Leena? That's who i dealt with - she did not seem to understand amazon policies at all. I ended chat with her and started a new chat with a new member of customer service and he gave me a 30 dollar refund to the card I purchased with right away. I could have probably gotten a couple dollars more refunded from tax but since he was so easy to work with i just went for a flat 30 dollar refund.

bread's done
Back