Battleborn (XONE/PS4) $39.99/$31.99 (GCU) Best Buy

Wow, that IS a deal.
problem is i think this game tanked pretty hard. i thought for sure it would take some of my friends away from the division, but i dont think anyone on my friend list has played it at all. they are all waiting for overwatch.

The PC CD rom is 40 to but I bought a laptop with out a Cd-rom. My fuck up
Every physical copy of a PC game includes a slip with a code on it that can usually be redeemed through steam. You won't need the disc drive to play.

Why buy a season pass to a game that's tanking? Chances are you wont be around playing it still when new content rolls through. Save the money if you want to bite now and go cheaper.
Not everyone has GCU, so it literally is the same price. Also have to consider that several of the people here likely gameshare, so the digital copy lets you gameshare on either console, whereas physical doesn't (although you won't get the trade-in later).

Sucks, think this game would have done well if overwatch wasnt so close.
I think part of the problem is the game itself is unbalanced multiplayer wise. 95% of my games have been one side dominating.

That and people think this is a Overwatch style game which it clearly is not. I like the game, except for the unbalanced multiplayer. If they fixed this, it would be an awesome game.

Tempted but Overwatch is coming out tomorrow. How is the offline MP (with bots)? Can you play against bots?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Overwatch is going to kill this game. Heck battlefront has a lot more players on it than battleborne.
Sucks, think this game would have done well if overwatch wasnt so close.
I think people are too enamored with its similarities to Overwatch. Yes, I think it's interesting and coincidental, but I do not think Overwatch is responsible for Battleborn's lack of sales.

Overwatch is made by Activision/Blizzard - they have probably the best marketing and promotional strategies out of anyone. it's friggin Blizzard - all they need is Reddit.

Conversely, Battleborn had hardly any promotion and it was a new IP to boot. It looks very similar to Borderlands whereas Overwatch is Blizzard's first take on the FPS - that alone excited people. Hero/class shooters have been exhausted by Gearbox.

Also, keep in mind that pretty much anything Gearbox made that's not Borderlands has been a major fail - Aliens CM and Duke Nukem, anyone?

TLDR - Battleborn killed itself.

the early and multiple betas for Battleborn did them no favors, the first "alpha" was wretchedly bad in every way and caused the game to delay six months, and even the open beta had very little praise from people.

I don't think its unfair at all to compare BB and OW though, for many people they both play basically the same: pick a hero, play a multiplayer game with similar play styles.  Sure, BB has "more" especially with a richer SP campaign whereas OW has none, but overwatch took blizzard's mantra - easy to play, hard to master - to an excellent place, whereas BB seemed to take Gearboxes mantra - put a bunch of shit on screen and make everything loud and confusing.

Feel bad for anyone who bought this at launch though, even with GCU $38+tax just doesn't compare to $40 for digital with season pass included.  I guess BBY buyers could PM the physical release for $10-20 back, but have fun navigating customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a huge red flag when it's already discounted that much.. Knew it was crap from the beta and just a clone of Borderlands.

I question the longetivity of Overwatch too. There is some flaws there for sure, with some roles not having enough heroes (support), some bad stages with questionable camping spots (like the Japan stage) and some other things. I will play it a lot until I get tired of it, but I do feel eventually it will keep getting supported and have more heroes, stages, maybe an expansion or 3. I do quite like the game from the open beta though and felt an addiction to a game I haven't felt in a long time. Game on starting Monday!

Damn they are getting desprate with overwatch coming out tomorrow expect to see 24.99 next week which is my buy price with gcu

Or I can see this being free to play in a couple of months which is honestly what they should have done at launch. Smite pulled it off really well
They don't have a model that will earn them residual income like Smite if they made the game free to play so good luck waiting

if I bought this from amazon two weeks ago will they refund the difference (price match) since all versions are 39.99 today?

if I bought this from amazon two weeks ago will they refund the difference (price match) since all versions are 39.99 today?
I'm not 100% sure....i believe you can price match difference up to a week after buying something. Someone can correct me for sure but I believe I was told that once.

Edit: Confirmed 7 days price difference refund.

It's sad that so many people gave up on Battleborn. I may be in the minority here....but I hated the overwatch beta, deleted it after a day. Still play battleborn and don't regret getting it at all (Altho now I'll post purchase PM at best buy)

I love this game. I bought it at around $50 with the season pass, since BB gave it for free when you bought the game or something. At this price, this game is a steal, but since most of you like holding out for a cheaper price, then go ahead and do so.

I just want to point out that Overwatch and Battleborn are nothing alike except that they're multiplayer/hero-based/fps/team games. Overwatch isn't a MOBA whereas this game is. Overwatch is fast paced, while this game makes your build your character up throughout the match or story mission. Overwatch's post-game rewards are limited to purely cosmetic things, like taunts, skins, tags, and phrases. Battleborn doesn't have alternate skins like Overwatch does, but recolors of the same skins on different characters. Plus, you get randomized gear (like Borderlands) that you can place into a loadout of 3 gear items, which you can activate in match for in-match currency.

Also, Battleborn has a pretty comedic story mode that can be played alone or with up to 4 other players. The developers have also said that they're planning on bringing out new game modes, along with new maps. The DLC characters that are coming out don't require real money to purchase. You can just use in-game currency (about 4500 credits) to buy each character.

You can play private story or vs matches against bots and you'll still earn points and rank up and rank your characters up. (Ranking characters up unlocks skins, skills, and lore for them.)

Oh oh and here's the best part (that me and my girlfriend found out only after 3 weeks of owning the game)

YOU CAN PLAY SPLITSCREEN WITH A FRIEND.

AND YOU CAN PLAY ONLINE WHILE PLAYING SPLITSCREEN, EVEN IF THE OTHER ACCOUNT HAS NO Live OR PS+!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I played the Overwatch beta and I loved it and I'm picking it up first thing tomorrow, but honestly, from what I experienced in the beta, Overwatch felt more like a Free2Play game than a game worth $35 (yeah I got it for $35) while Battleborn feels just right at this price.

Maybe it's just me, but I found Battleborn to be a lot of fun since I absolutely loved the Borderlands games.

I really wanted to like Battleborn. I was in the alpha tests and it didn't grip me but I still had hopes for it since it played like a larger scale Monday Night Combat which I loved. Also, maybe I'm spoiled by 60FPS shooters but Battleborn was hard on the eyes and chaotic as shit.

I loved the Overwatch beta so that's where my money goes. Even if this does drop

I really wanted to like Battleborn. I was in the alpha tests and it didn't grip me but I still had hopes for it since it played like a larger scale Monday Night Combat which I loved. Also, maybe I'm spoiled by 60FPS shooters but Battleborn was hard on the eyes and chaotic as shit.

I loved the Overwatch beta so that's where my money goes. Even if this does drop <$20, is there any reason to buy it if the community isn't there anymore?
It seems like you've already made up your mind. There's no reason to buy any multiplayer game if there's no community lol but it's that kind of thinking that kills a game before it even has time to flourish. And yeah, it's pretty chaotic if you just jump into the piles of enemies, but anyone that plays MOBAs knows this.

I think people are too enamored with its similarities to Overwatch. Yes, I think it's interesting and coincidental, but I do not think Overwatch is responsible for Battleborn's lack of sales.
Overwatch is made by Activision/Blizzard - they have probably the best marketing and promotional strategies out of anyone. it's friggin Blizzard - all they need is Reddit.
Conversely, Battleborn had hardly any promotion and it was a new IP to boot. It looks very similar to Borderlands whereas Overwatch is Blizzard's first take on the FPS - that alone excited people. Hero/class shooters have been exhausted by Gearbox.
Also, keep in mind that pretty much anything Gearbox made that's not Borderlands has been a major fail - Aliens CM and Duke Nukem, anyone?
TLDR - Battleborn killed itself.
This is the right idea but the wrong analysis.

I'd actually argue that promotion for the game has been poor on many respects. For example, there were multiple YouTube videos explaining the differences between this & Battleborn with the former being more like TF2 & the latter being more like DotA (this poor marketing or at least consumer confusion can also be attributed to 2k as well). In short: for a long time consumers didn't really know what Overwatch was and couldn't tell just by looking at marketing materials.

When you say the game will sell because it's Blizzard what you're really talking about is consumer goodwill. For example, Apple could slap their trademark on a random piece of plastic & people would buy it based off Apple's reputation. That's all consumer goodwill, not marketing.

Overwatch has a million ads and the commercials for the baby Winston at Gamestop and the cinematic commercial are there. It's getting promoted like crazy for sure.

Overwatch has a million ads and the commercials for the baby Winston at Gamestop and the cinematic commercial are there. It's getting promoted like crazy for sure.
But the ads also tell you nothing about the gameplay. Battleborn had the same problem IMO (character focused ads that look cool & give some backstory but also tell me zip about the actual game).

This game is going to get absolutely rofl-stomped by Overwatch and like every says it'll be $20 within a month. I honestly have been saying this for awhile, but Gearbox is a one trick pony and has been riding the success of Borderlands, without it their track record is abysmal. I played the beta and it was just terrible, not a single person on my friends list bought it either.

Sometimes I wonder how the developers of battleborn feel when they see every conversation about it turn into one about how overwatch is superior and battleborn is practically dead

bread's done
Back