Woot - Wii U Super Mario Maker Console Deluxe Set

The Wii U was $349.99 at launch but has LONG since been cut to 300.  The website is basically bullshitting as the Mario Maker bundle was always $300, debuting long after the price cut way back.  You save $20.  Better then nothing, but this ain't 20% off.

Really sucks the U isn't $200 or less in 2016.
I would buy one if it was. I see it as a nice companion console to have beside a PS4 or Xbone and at $200 it could fill that niche. But they just won't discount it. These days you can get an Xbone for the cost of a U and if I were paying $300 for a middle aged system at this stage there's no way a U would be my first choice.

I would buy one if it was. I see it as a nice companion console to have beside a PS4 or Xbone and at $200 it could fill that niche. But they just won't discount it. These days you can get an Xbone for the cost of a U and if I were paying $300 for a middle aged system at this stage there's no way a U would be my first choice.
If you live in a state that have Fred Meyer stores, they were selling Wii U + Splatoon/Smash Bros. Bundle for $200 late last year. Surprisingly it took a couple weeks for them to sell out. Maybe they'll sell them at this price again, later this year.

Just a reminder to be careful of Woot now.

A few weeks back they were selling Google Nexus 5 phones for $150. They claimed to be NEW 32GB phones, but everyone got barely-refurbished 16GB phones. Some of them were banned from carriers.

You can't really trust them anymore.

Edit:

You can watch the drama unfold.

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=6806492&pageindex=12

The insanity begins around page 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wii u has sold less than the ps4 and x1, has pretty much nothing to get excited over (esp compared to the competition), and the NX is on its way soon. This thing has had all of $50 cut from it in its life span, there's no way this thing should be $300 right now.

Just wait until closer to the release of Nintendo's next console, and the stores will likely clearance all the remaining wii u systems. I'm hoping to pick up an extra wii u for a sub $200 price since there will be no more backwards compatibility with NX.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back