GameStop $30 GC for $25 through eBay *dead*

Thanks OP. Bought 5. Hope I don't get paypal temp banned or end up getting sephora gift cards instead. 

It's YMMV from what I read. The two GameStops near me let me buy eBay GCs when I went there last time. If you're really wondering, just call them and ask. I was told yes and, maybe surprisingly, they were right..

edit: I just called again and after a minor misunderstanding the associate said you can "buy any giftcards there". 

Obviously, it varies. Some places won't. 

double edit: paypal keeps asking me to verify my account.. guess I'll miss out on this deal. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Use Samsung Pay to buy a Gamestop GC for $50 at $40. Use Gamestop GC to buy an eBay GC for $25. Use eBay GC to buy a Gamestop GC for $30 for $25... profit.

Can confirm that I didn't get paypal banned for buying 5 and didn't receive Sephora gift cards. Gift cards came 20 minutes after I placed the order. 

I have a feeling I'm going to get bent over a barrel by a couple ebay buyers I sold items to recently, so I may as well try and recomp some of the money I'm going to potentially lose in that ordeal.

Do they just scan the barcode on these egift cards when you redeem them at Gamestop?

I have a feeling I'm going to get bent over a barrel by a couple ebay buyers I sold items to recently, so I may as well try and recomp some of the money I'm going to potentially lose in that ordeal.

Do they just scan the barcode on these egift cards when you redeem them at Gamestop?
Yes. Paypal Digital Gifts provides you a GC you can print out and scan at the store. Reps can also put in all the numbers and the PIN as well if it doesn't scan.

Why did you sell them on eBay? Amazon sells faster, will cover your shipping, and is less prone to scams than eBay.

double edit: paypal keeps asking me to verify my account.. guess I'll miss out on this deal.
Same here,it is super annoying.

It is asking me to verify an old telephone number that is not even in paypal anymore.

And if I change the validation number, it claims the telephone number is not mine (it is, and it is the phone number that has been validated with paypal already...ebay/paypal sucks)

Ended up going for three. Wouldn't let me do more than 2 in order.

Thanks OP.
Everytime I check they only have stuff like Starbucks and BP for 0-10% off

Why did you sell them on eBay? Amazon sells faster, will cover your shipping, and is less prone to scams than eBay.
I agree that Amazon is better, however despite having sold ~300 items on Amazon... my feedback is maybe a 10th of that.

My Ebay feedback is a bit higher, so items tend to sell faster on ebay for me.

Same here,it is super annoying.

It is asking me to verify an old telephone number that is not even in paypal anymore.

And if I change the validation number, it claims the telephone number is not mine (it is, and it is the phone number that has been validated with paypal already...ebay/paypal sucks)
I was trying to sell some items on ebay a couple weeks ago and was prompted to provide my phone number. Despite doing that, the next prompt was to provide the seller ID of the other seller at my address. If it's the same thing, you may have to call in and get it sorted out.

Also ebates is offering 1% cashback. Not sure if it's worth the hassle, unless you're buying 5.

Essentially you would be getting $2.50 in ebay bucks and $1.25 cashback.

This is effectively 16 and 2/3% cash back + 2% Ebay bucks.  Sweet deal.

I had no problem checking out with 5, all at once.

Idiots still calling the stores to bring more attention to CAG ways smh. Just go do it yourself if you're really trying to.
Not every store is restricting those sales and I can't see how one random phone call will cause all of CAG-dom to fall down and collapse. Feel free to keep thinking that, Chicken Little.

Hmm weirdly taking long time
Still waiting for it to show up on my email.
You're supposed to look in the email.

techsupport.jpg

That was the easiest $25 I've gotten in awhile.

I also suspect ebay is going to start rolling out deals here within the next couple weeks since the quarter is almost up (at the end of June). Most likely finna be 20% off gift cards again.

bread's done
Back