- - - - -

Wii U pre installed game question

#1 getmeoutofjoliet   noob CAGiversary!   5510 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

getmeoutofjoliet

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:24 PM

Hi guys, quick question.
If I were to delete my system data on my system, would I lose my pre-installed SSB and Splatoon?
Google search brings up a bunch of old results, and I'm trying to donate it but I don't want all my info on it.
Thanks

#2 JCman7  

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:56 AM

It should be tied to your Nintendo Network ID. Log into my.nintendo.com and check your account activity, see if the games are listed. I would call customer support if it's not and they can link them to your account so you don't lose them.

#3 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4005 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:31 AM

It should be tied to your Nintendo Network ID. Log into my.nintendo.com and check your account activity, see if the games are listed. I would call customer support if it's not and they can link them to your account so you don't lose them.

Digital purchases are still tied to hardware, not accounts (yet). Nintendo hasn't announced any changes to that policy, so it's still in place. When he donates the Wii U, the games purchased with and tiied to that console, go with it.