- - - - -

Who would Captain America endorse in this election?

#1 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12816 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:05 PM

I was having a serious discussion about this with a friend. Who do you think Cap would back in this up coming Presidential Election?

I'll post my opinion later but I would like to hear what you guys think first.

#2 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1732 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:26 PM

He's endorsed Hydra, so obviously he's a Trump supporter.

#3 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12816 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:08 PM

Not including this current Hydra BS would Cap still support him?

And I'm throwing out the idea of him just running himself and winning. 

#4 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14481 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:13 PM

Not including this current Hydra BS would Cap still support him?

And I'm throwing out the idea of him just running himself and winning. 

No, because Trump was a draft dodger. Cap wouldn't endorse anyone in this election.

Also, I'm pretty sure Hillary is HYDRA. She lies about her stances, her e-mails, her tax evasion, and her speeches, and she accepts donations from fascist regimes in the Middle East. There's definitive proof of her duplicity, corruption, and greed, so all naysayers can Fuck right off.

#5 Izod   CheepLikeASpoder CAGiversary!   2295 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:21 PM

To further, "Cap wouldn't endorse anyone in this election." pretty much nailed it.  Well depending on the Cap.  So Steve Rodgers was pretty apolitical, and even made statements that he thought it would be poor form for him to make political statements as it could influence others.  Now Falcon Cap was pretty vocal, and clearly liberal leaning (see the AN run first 3 issues).  And Bucky Cap, well he'd be too busy killing baddies to make any statements.

#6 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7125 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:49 PM

Captain America would tell you to endorse the candidate who will serve your community's best interests, and tell you to vote in local elections or something, yadda yadda civic duty.

I don't think he's gonna endorse a Presidential candidate, because the only candidate he's gonna endorse is himself.

Cap-for-Prez-Button.jpg

#7 mrsilkunderwear   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   1701 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

mrsilkunderwear

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:42 AM

The one from recent movies would endorse a libertarian.

#8 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12816 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:42 AM

Maybe I should say who would he vote for instead? Most of you guys are right, he probably wouldn't endorse anyone publicly but he would still vote. 

#9 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:16 AM

Hilary of course, he's into old chicks.

#10 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7125 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:31 AM

Maybe I should say who would he vote for instead? Most of you guys are right, he probably wouldn't endorse anyone publicly but he would still vote. 

Who he's gonna vote for is a tougher question, though I'd say Hillary, cause he's got to know the Earth-616 her. He might just vote for SomethingAwful's candidate for sh- and giggles.

Actually, with all of the advancements featured in comic books, why must they be held back by the politicians from our reality? I thought I was reading stories about the future!

#11 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:34 PM

We need a new character seeing where this country is headed, I will call him Captain AmeriKKKa

#12 mrsilkunderwear   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   1701 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

mrsilkunderwear

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:16 AM

We need a new character seeing where this country is headed, I will call him Captain AmeriKKKa

You could be the sidekick. 

#13 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:39 AM

Its as if anytime racism is associated with silky's type of people, silky is the one to go on the defensive.

Apparently silky must not have mirrors in his home, hard to look oneself in the mirror.

#14 berzirk   I'm not so serious CAGiversary!   2506 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

If it was Gay Captain America, then Bernie. If it was straight Captain America, he'd back Gary Johnson. 

I have no intelligent reason behind that, I just don't want to have him support Clinton or Trump even in imagination land. 

#15 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:25 PM

If it was Gay Captain America, then Bernie. If it was straight Captain America, he'd back Gary Johnson. 

I have no intelligent reason behind that, I just don't want to have him support Clinton or Trump even in imagination land. 

Jill.Stein.

#16 berzirk   I'm not so serious CAGiversary!   2506 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:38 PM

Jill.Stein.

You might be right:

Jill Stein: "Trump says very scary things—deporting immigrants, massive militarism and ignoring the climate. Hillary, unfortunately, has a track record for doing all of those things."

#17 dopa345   All around nice guy CAGiversary!   2247 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:59 PM

Gary Johnson.