Life is Strange Limited Edition - $19.99 at Gamestop

Also, potential problem is you might get a gutted copy... even if you order online, stores ship to home now resulting in gutted news for online orders. 

I picked up a sealed copy at my local GameStop. Sticker was on the shrink wrap so no biggie, used a coupon on top of it so it came out pretty cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can order it online and ship it to a local store for store pick up. (Online coupons and PayPal can't be used.)

I picked one up Fri and had to accept a "new" copy but it was already opened because it was a display. The soundtrack is still sealed though and the box is in slightly used condition.

i bought it a few days ago. received a gut copy. box is opened and a bit ripped, game is opened but the soundtrack is sealed. i hate ordering from gamestop but no choice to get the game since best buy is sold out.

wait i thought GS started to give pro member free shipping? I actually placed an order for $36.xx after tax last week and I got free shipping with no handling fee. and i tried to place the same order today, the shipping + handling became $3.99...

wait i thought GS started to give pro member free shipping? I actually placed an order for $36.xx after tax last week and I got free shipping with no handling fee. and i tried to place the same order today, the shipping + handling became $3.99...
Pro members get free shipping on orders 24.99 and above. I think its 24.99 or 34.99. I forget which one it was...

I used to shop at Gamestop all the time in the past and would put up with their antics. Now with Best Buy GCU and Amazons Prime membership discount, Gamestop's old practice of gutting and selling as new in addition to the no discounts/ increased handling fees makes me a GS hater too which I never was before. Gamestop MIGHT get like 10% of my business now compared to BB and AZ. Its usually for Gamestop exclusives and even then, I am hesitant unless I have a coupon or its on clearance.

I'm almost tempted to pick up a copy just for the soundtrack and art book (already have the game digitally on ps3 and don't have a ps4 or xbox one...but loved it enough that I kinda want the collectibles). Looks like the trade in value on the xbox one version is $11 pro ($10 standard) cash at the moment, and there's a copy in stock near me, so I could essentially grab the soundtrack/book for $10... Hhhmm...tempting...

P.S. On that note, does anyone know if I'll get flagged in the system or anything if I, you know, buy the limited edition, walk out the door, open it, go back in, and sell back the game? lol

Edit: Grabbed it and told the girl that works there what I was doing, and she just rang it up, gave me the art book/soundtrack/box, and kept the game and processed the trade in. Solid. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Target also carried the LE, but very few stores have it in stock. I used Brickseek, and my Target has two copies. I PM'd one copy and I checked later in the day and the second copy was gone. Nice LE though. I was bummed when Best Buy sold out, but I'm happy at the price I paid for it. Good luck!

I tried to get the PS4 version from GS, but they cancelled my orders for some reason. I tried once with my CC and once with PP, and both got cancelled. They must be blocking my account for some reason, but dealing with their customer service is an effort in futility, so I said  fuck it.

I tried to get the PS4 version from GS, but they cancelled my orders for some reason. I tried once with my CC and once with PP, and both got cancelled. They must be blocking my account for some reason, but dealing with their customer service is an effort in futility, so I said fuck it.
maybe try opening a new account under a diff email.

Also, potential problem is you might get a gutted copy... even if you order online, stores ship to home now resulting in gutted news for online orders.
Exactly. It's happened to me numerous times so I only order online when I can get free shipping so I can return it in-store. The older the title, the greater chance I'll get some recycled gutted store product.

Target also carried the LE, but very few stores have it in stock. I used Brickseek, and my Target has two copies. I PM'd one copy and I checked later in the day and the second copy was gone. Nice LE though. I was bummed when Best Buy sold out, but I'm happy at the price I paid for it. Good luck!
what's the # you put into brickseek to find it?

Edit: Never mind. I found it.

maybe try opening a new account under a diff email.
I've had this happen in the past, and really, it's not a big deal. As bad as GS retail locations can be, their online practices can be even worse.

I don't even have a PS4 or ONE, but any LE set that has an art book, I normally try to grab. So technically, I could just get the ONE version from Amazon, but I really don't need this either way, so I'll just pass at this point.

How was it shipped? In a mailer, or a box? Did the damage happen in transit, or was it damaged before shipping?
it's a mailer. i would guess its damaged during shipping

Edit: I just opened the game. seems like its a repackaged "new" copy. so i now would guess its been always like this even before the shipping. but packaged in a mailer didnt help.

[attachment=22164:20160601_193713.jpg]

[attachment=22165:20160601_193758.jpg]

[attachment=22166:20160601_193844.jpg]

[attachment=22167:20160601_193739.jpg]

all four corners are banged up and a big dent on the front. Says "new" on the game sleeve. Only @ Gameshitop.

they shipped mine in a mailer, box got crushed, but no cracks in the CD jewel case and no corner dents on the artbook, outside of the box was shrinkwrapped but the game inside wasn't, but I'm pretty sure its new and not some gutted copy

they shipped mine in a mailer, box got crushed, but no cracks in the CD jewel case and no corner dents on the artbook, outside of the box was shrinkwrapped but the game inside wasn't, but I'm pretty sure its new and not some gutted copy
same here. cd is even totally sealed

it's a mailer. i would guess its damaged during shipping

Edit: I just opened the game. seems like its a repackaged "new" copy. so i now would guess its been always like this even before the shipping. but packaged in a mailer didnt help. all four corners are banged up and a big dent on the front. Says "new" on the game sleeve. Only @ Gameshitop.
WOW, I'm glad my order didn't go through, as I would have returned that in a heart beat. Yeah, that may have been damaged before hand, or maybe not, but selling games "opened" as new, is BS. I don't mind it so much at the store level, as you can see what your getting, and turn it down if you want, but ordering online, they should state the copies has been opened, and give the option.

WOW, I'm glad my order didn't go through, as I would have returned that in a heart beat. Yeah, that may have been damaged before hand, or maybe not, but selling games "opened" as new, is BS. I don't mind it so much at the store level, as you can see what your getting, and turn it down if you want, but ordering online, they should state the copies has been opened, and give the option.
i guess im just gonna stick to my original plan: trade the game in, since all i really wanted is that CD, towards preordering ME to get the 20% bonus and cancel that shit right away. 20-16.25=3.75 for the sealed CDs and artbook is not bad

Im surprised no one trying to sue gamestop cause of them selling used games as new.
they were sued for that and lost in 2003, I don't why they've still been able to get away with selling gutted copies as new

Under the terms of the 2003 agreement, GameStop had to post a notice in its stores telling customers that all video games may have been used and returned in accordance with the store's return policy. The signs essentially warned customers that the games they thought they were buying new, may have actually been previous played.
http://kotaku.com/5254827/gamestop-class-action-attorney-investigating-latest-used-as-new-claims

Reading the latest posts in this thread just confirms my feelings towards gamestop that I stated earlier in this thread. They suck balls. And to think I used to work for that company 10 years ago.

waited over 30 mins on phone with gs. this is pure bs

update: after 45 mins, i finally got through and a replacement is on the way. i told the lady my copy is destroyed so she said i didnt have to ship my copy back. lets see where this is going. (while paying close attention to my trade credit balance)

waited over 30 mins on phone with gs. this is pure bs

update: after 45 mins, i finally got through and a replacement is on the way. i told the lady my copy is destroyed so she said i didnt have to ship my copy back. lets see where this is going. (while paying close attention to my trade credit balance)
In for another gutted copy

Damn, did anyone besides me receive an actual new copy?
Pretty sure the sale price was them trying to clear out stock in stores (since they're shipping from stores now), and every store I've checked says "low stock", meaning they all probably have around 1 copy. So the math isn't exactly in our favor. At least the game and CD soundtrack both seem to be individually shrinkwrapped.

P.S. On another note, I played the game last year, and a few songs on the soundtrack still bring up strong memories and emotions. Guess it's a game that really sticks with you.

Pretty sure the sale price was them trying to clear out stock in stores (since they're shipping from stores now), and every store I've checked says "low stock", meaning they all probably have around 1 copy. So the math isn't exactly in our favor. At least the game and CD soundtrack both seem to be individually shrinkwrapped.

P.S. On another note, I played the game last year, and a few songs on the soundtrack still bring up strong memories and emotions. Guess it's a game that really sticks with you.
my game wasnt shrinkwrapped. it was opened and got marks on the case. the insert cover art got a small ripped.

bread's done
Back