Price cut for Xbox One systems/bundles. Starting at $299.

Limited meaning it is a temporary drop until they announce all the official details I'm sure. M$ jumping the gun to try and stir up sales before Sony drops whatever news they have won't really have an impact this close to E3. If anything, they kind of shot themselves in the foot with less impact during their showing since gamers would have been more pumped up during E3 and made knee-jerk decisions.

Typical Xbox just parlaying another "sale" towards a price drop. Ill never pick up an Xbox One again though. I dont care if they are $99. fuck that system, fuck MCC, 

Meh I'll pick one up when it hits sub $150 in a few yrs.

All the big exclusives go to PS4. Way too many shooters on Xbone, which I'm not a fan of.

Limited meaning it is a temporary drop until they announce all the official details I'm sure. M$ jumping the gun to try and stir up sales before Sony drops whatever news they have won't really have an impact this close to E3. If anything, they kind of shot themselves in the foot with less impact during their showing since gamers would have been more pumped up during E3 and made knee-jerk decisions.
It's probably more likely that Microsoft has some announcements of it's own that will automatically devalue the console, so they are just getting out in front of that announcement.

It's probably more likely that Microsoft has some announcements of it's own that will automatically devalue the console, so they are just getting out in front of that announcement.
This. The slim Xbox and Scorpio announcements will kill interest in the OG-style X1. This is then getting rid of as many of them as possible. It's a trap!

I notice there is no price drop for the Halo 5 console.  It makes me feel better that I would still have to pay the same price today as when I picked mine up the day before release. :)

EDIT - Nice tag FR!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasn't this been the price for a while now? Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

I'm planning on buying a slim when it's announced at E3 next month. So not pulling the trigger yet.

So wondering, what is the point of listing the Triple Game bundle and who is the moron who is buying it when they can pick up the Spring Bundle (one up) and get an extra game for the same price? I understand that both were released at different times, but it's absolutely idiotic to list them both for the same price like that on the website.

Hmmm, part of me would like it to be a new console, because more power and a good way for MS to start anew. But a greater part of me thinks that would just backfire. Developers haven't even had time to come out with a lot of real XB1 titles yet (e.g., lame load screens in Fallout 4) so the XB1 hasn't reached full potential. On top of which, after XB2 releases, it will take another, what, 3-4 years before we get full XB2 games that take full advantage of the hardware?

And how many people are going to really spend another $400 on a console after having just spent $300-350 in the past couple of years? Your hardcore gamers, maybe. But your typical soccer mom is not buying little Johnny another console for Christmas after having just bought one last year. There needs to be a good, compelling reason to upgrade. 4K is not it. Neither is VR, in my opinion (I know a lot of people will disagree, but I think for the next 5-10 years, it will be a niche market).

Hmmm, part of me would like it to be a new console, because more power and a good way for MS to start anew. But a greater part of me thinks that would just backfire. Developers haven't even had time to come out with a lot of real XB1 titles yet (e.g., lame load screens in Fallout 4) so the XB1 hasn't reached full potential. On top of which, after XB2 releases, it will take another, what, 3-4 years before we get full XB2 games that take full advantage of the hardware?

And how many people are going to really spend another $400 on a console after having just spent $300-350 in the past couple of years? Your hardcore gamers, maybe. But your typical soccer mom is not buying little Johnny another console for Christmas after having just bought one last year. There needs to be a good, compelling reason to upgrade. 4K is not it. Neither is VR, in my opinion (I know a lot of people will disagree, but I think for the next 5-10 years, it will be a niche market).
Both Microsoft and Sony are moving away from the console life cycle of 8-10 years. The PS4 was already outdated when it released , and it's more powerul than the One. Basically it's becoming more of a computer ecosystem. You upgrade your console once every few years for a cheaper price, and you get a better experience. As of right now, the games coming out for the Neo and Scorpio are required to be backwards compatitable with the PS4 and One.

I completely agree gogo.

The primary reason I got out of PC gaming was because of the constant iterative process (upgrade vid card, add ram, new mobo/cpu, etc).  If console gaming goes iterative with 3-4 year mini generation cycles I may end up doing more PC gaming instead.

Is it too much to hope that XB1 Scorpio (and NEO) will have 16gb ram? :pray:

I completely agree gogo.

The primary reason I got out of PC gaming was because of the constant iterative process (upgrade vid card, add ram, new mobo/cpu, etc). If console gaming goes iterative with 3-4 year mini generation cycles I may end up doing more PC gaming instead.
That's kind of my thought process as well. The reason I've always primarily gamed on consoles over PC is to avoid updating every 3-4 years and now with these rumored upgraded consoles coming out soon and becoming a normal thing to do every couple of years I am starting to think I'd be better off building a new PC because I can get better performance, still use the same controllers for my games, and generally get my games cheaper on the PC. I know that my current Xbox One and PS4 will still play all the games, but knowing that a superior product exists I cannot live with and will have to buy the new consoles and I've already spent a ton of money on this console generation with accessories and over 100 games between PS4 and Xbox One alone, it's hard to abandon all of that, but it's something I may consider as I am not a fan of game console going the way of cell phones, which I also hate upgrading every couple of years, but feel like I need to due to how inferior a phone can get after just a couple of years on the market.

Man. The Xbone debuted at $500 and is now $300. Wii U debuted at $350 and is now.... $300?! Damn, Nintendo. Throw us a BONE here! A lot of these Xbox bundles are throwing in like five games and an extra controller too.  Mario Kart alone just doesn't cut the mustard.

Man. The Xbone debuted at $500 and is now $300. Wii U debuted at $350 and is now.... $300?! Damn, Nintendo. Throw us a BONE here! A lot of these Xbox bundles are throwing in like five games and an extra controller too. Mario Kart alone just doesn't cut the mustard.
It's about a year older as well...

Man. The Xbone debuted at $500 and is now $300. Wii U debuted at $350 and is now.... $300?! Damn, Nintendo. Throw us a BONE here! A lot of these Xbox bundles are throwing in like five games and an extra controller too. Mario Kart alone just doesn't cut the mustard.
That's because it had the kinect bundled with it as it was forced to buy it. Without kinect it went $100 cheaper.

ANyways probably just a weekly drop as Best Buy ad had it.

I sold mine in preparation for the new version.

Neither one of these current gen consoles are particularly great compared to last gen, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I have a soft spot for the Xbox one. I've debated just selling my PS4 and getting a PS3 again.

But yeah. I think everyone here knows to hold off on buying one due to next week's announcements.

Haven't thought of the amount of RAM to be included, one would hope it's more than the standard 8. Has to be at least 12, no?
Because it's not a major upgrade, I'm betting they'll stick with 8gb. Hope I'm wrong though. 12-16gb of ram would really be nice.

$249 too expensive. If they want us to get boned, they need to make it cheap for us.

I dont think cheap would even cut it for me. Maybe if it was 100 bucks then Id get one so I can not play it.

I went with a PS4 for current gen and there are some games on xbone Id like to try but I just dont have the time to buy another current gen system to justify it. Between wiiu, ps4, ps3, vita and my pc I cant even keep up. I just cant see myself dropping several hundred dollars on a system that has a library of games that are mostly on the other current gen system I already own. Not even for a slim model, not even for a xbone 1.5, not even for hololens.

I agree, but the time for a price cut would have been months ago, if not Christmas. Them moving on this now that the cat is out of the bag is too little too late.

Did I enter the wrong thread? I thought this was a thread about Xbox one deals. All I see are insecure PS4 lovers that felt the need to come into a thread about XB1 to say how much they don't like the XB1 ...

That tag says it all. Lol! That console is a flop for a reason. It's near impossible to sell the one I have. Gonna pick up a XBO after e3 though. 

I traded in a PS4 I purchased for $150 and was collecting dust for 6 months for the $250 credit , Hoping they announce a new Xbox one bundle at E3 .

Please explain how anything I said in that post defended Microsoft. I have multiples of all consoles, so no need to do that crap.
Typically, when someone slights one of the two consoles they are automatically branded as a fanboi of the other console.

The fanboi mist in here is pretty thick.

Major Nelson Tweeted that this price cut ends June 13, the day of Microsoft's E3 conference.  I expect them to just say the price is permanent at E3. 

The console sales are actually surprisingly close despite the initial figures. I can only imagine the barrage of promotions is responsible for the end of the initial slaughter.

That aside: these 1.5 consoles really fucking chap my hide. Neither of the current systems should even exist- it was an artificial generation jump- now now that they're coming out with ACTUAL next-gen systems everyone gets the shaft. Balls.

The console sales are actually surprisingly close despite the initial figures. I can only imagine the barrage of promotions is responsible for the end of the initial slaughter.

That aside: these 1.5 consoles really fucking chap my hide. Neither of the current systems should even exist- it was an artificial generation jump- now now that they're coming out with ACTUAL next-gen systems everyone gets the shaft. Balls.

Major Nelson Tweeted that this price cut ends June 13, the day of Microsoft's E3 conference. I expect them to just say the price is permanent at E3.
Right, artificial demand as an 'act now before it's gone' type deal before unveiling the new hardware that would devalue it. They just wanted to be first to market with the price drop rather than have Sony follow suit the same day giving them no advantage.

I don't see this as a move to get rid of stock TBH. Both companies will more than likely want to keep each model around as entry level and advanced before slowly phasing out the elder. This would be similar to past 'slim' models only this time with updated hardware under the hood. We'll see come June 13th.

i assume when you say the sales are close you are talking about month to month? or North American sales?. Sony has 70% of the european market. The numbers have never been as bad as they spin them, microsoft doesnt compete in europe and japan so all sales for sony in those regions skew the total numbers.

i assume when you say the sales are close you are talking about month to month? or North American sales?. Sony has 70% of the european market. The numbers have never been as bad as they spin them, microsoft doesnt compete in europe and japan so all sales for sony in those regions skew the total numbers.
Sorry, yes. I live in NA so NA is all that's relevant to me.

Since everyone is talking about it, here's the most recent lifetime sales in the US:

april-2016-sales-5-2.png

I don't think you can completely discredit Xbox One's success in the US and how close it really is. On the flip side, I also don't think one can say "Europe and Japan don't matter" and discredit those numbers either, like a kid who claims he's NOT RACING once he realizes he can't win. I say get whatever makes you happy; whether it be 1 or a combination of the 3 major systems. Some people stayed with a particular console simply because they already had gamerscore or trophies on a particular system and if that's important to them I don't blame them.

I think it's safe to say that Microsoft has been a bit more aggressive with sales/bundles in order to keep the pace though.

Ready for XB1.5!
No amount of hardware will sell it when the real problem with X1 is software. There's hardly anything special on it that's exclusive and the lack of Japanese support makes it a defunct console this gen worldwide, except maybe the US. The 360 hit all the cards right last gen thus it was successful worldwide, except maybe Japan. MS needs to reinvest in Japan like during the OG Xbox and 360 days in order for the X1.5 or any of its future consoles to success worldwide.

bread's done
Back