- - - - -

Price cut for Xbox One systems/bundles. Starting at $299.

Wii U still $299 lmao

#31 MrClark  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:27 PM

$249 too expensive. If they want us to get boned, they need to make it cheap for us.

I dont think cheap would even cut it for me. Maybe if it was 100 bucks then Id get one so I can not play it.

I went with a PS4 for current gen and there are some games on xbone Id like to try but I just dont have the time to buy another current gen system to justify it. Between wiiu, ps4, ps3, vita and my pc I cant even keep up. I just cant see myself dropping several hundred dollars on a system that has a library of games that are mostly on the other current gen system I already own. Not even for a slim model, not even for a xbone 1.5, not even for hololens.

#32 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14258 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:31 PM

It's probably more likely that Microsoft has some announcements of it's own that will automatically devalue the console, so they are just getting out in front of that announcement.

I agree, but the time for a price cut would have been months ago, if not Christmas. Them moving on this now that the cat is out of the bag is too little too late.

#33 Stickboy46   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Stickboy46

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:14 PM

Did I enter the wrong thread? I thought this was a thread about Xbox one deals. All I see are insecure PS4 lovers that felt the need to come into a thread about XB1 to say how much they don't like the XB1 ...

#34 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14258 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:22 PM

No, I think you entered the right thread expecting to defend M$ blindly.

#35 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:28 PM

That tag says it all. Lol! That console is a flop for a reason. It's near impossible to sell the one I have. Gonna pick up a XBO after e3 though. 

#36 bibby  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:32 PM

I traded in a PS4 I purchased for $150 and was collecting dust for 6 months for the $250 credit , Hoping they announce a new Xbox one bundle at E3 .

#37 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:22 PM

Excellent tag.

#38 Stickboy46   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Stickboy46

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

No, I think you entered the right thread expecting to defend M$ blindly.

Please explain how anything I said in that post defended Microsoft. I have multiples of all consoles, so no need to do that crap.

#39 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10391 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:05 PM

Please explain how anything I said in that post defended Microsoft. I have multiples of all consoles, so no need to do that crap.

Typically, when someone slights one of the two consoles they are automatically branded as a fanboi of the other console.

The fanboi mist in here is pretty thick.

#40 3rdamention   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

3rdamention

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:12 PM

Major Nelson Tweeted that this price cut ends June 13, the day of Microsoft's E3 conference.  I expect them to just say the price is permanent at E3. 

#41 Jacobleeslp  

Jacobleeslp

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

I own both systems and am happy with both. This system bashing is petty. Grow up people.

#42 victimsofadown   Lurker CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

victimsofadown

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:23 PM

The console sales are actually surprisingly close despite the initial figures. I can only imagine the barrage of promotions is responsible for the end of the initial slaughter.

That aside: these 1.5 consoles really fucking chap my hide. Neither of the current systems should even exist- it was an artificial generation jump- now now that they're coming out with ACTUAL next-gen systems everyone gets the shaft. Balls.

#43 victimsofadown   Lurker CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

victimsofadown

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:24 PM

The console sales are actually surprisingly close despite the initial figures. I can only imagine the barrage of promotions is responsible for the end of the initial slaughter.

That aside: these 1.5 consoles really fucking chap my hide. Neither of the current systems should even exist- it was an artificial generation jump- now now that they're coming out with ACTUAL next-gen systems everyone gets the shaft. Balls.

#44 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14258 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:27 PM

Major Nelson Tweeted that this price cut ends June 13, the day of Microsoft's E3 conference.  I expect them to just say the price is permanent at E3. 

Right, artificial demand as an 'act now before it's gone' type deal before unveiling the new hardware that would devalue it. They just wanted to be first to market with the price drop rather than have Sony follow suit the same day giving them no advantage.

I don't see this as a move to get rid of stock TBH. Both companies will more than likely want to keep each model around as entry level and advanced before slowly phasing out the elder. This would be similar to past 'slim' models only this time with updated hardware under the hood. We'll see come June 13th.

#45 ritchardf  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:36 PM

i assume when you say the sales are close you are talking about month to month? or North American sales?. Sony has 70% of the european market. The numbers have never been as bad as they spin them, microsoft doesnt compete in europe and japan so all sales for sony in those regions skew the total numbers.

#46 victimsofadown   Lurker CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

victimsofadown

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:19 PM

i assume when you say the sales are close you are talking about month to month? or North American sales?. Sony has 70% of the european market. The numbers have never been as bad as they spin them, microsoft doesnt compete in europe and japan so all sales for sony in those regions skew the total numbers.

Sorry, yes. I live in NA so NA is all that's relevant to me.

#47 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2907 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:56 PM

Since everyone is talking about it, here's the most recent lifetime sales in the US:

april-2016-sales-5-2.png

I don't think you can completely discredit Xbox One's success in the US and how close it really is. On the flip side, I also don't think one can say "Europe and Japan don't matter" and discredit those numbers either, like a kid who claims he's NOT RACING once he realizes he can't win. I say get whatever makes you happy; whether it be 1 or a combination of the 3 major systems. Some people stayed with a particular console simply because they already had gamerscore or trophies on a particular system and if that's important to them I don't blame them.

I think it's safe to say that Microsoft has been a bit more aggressive with sales/bundles in order to keep the pace though.

#48 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:06 PM

Ready for XB1.5!

No amount of hardware will sell it when the real problem with X1 is software. There's hardly anything special on it that's exclusive and the lack of Japanese support makes it a defunct console this gen worldwide, except maybe the US. The 360 hit all the cards right last gen thus it was successful worldwide, except maybe Japan. MS needs to reinvest in Japan like during the OG Xbox and 360 days in order for the X1.5 or any of its future consoles to success worldwide.

#49 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3076 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:07 PM

That tag says it all. Lol! That console is a flop for a reason. It's near impossible to sell the one I have. Gonna pick up a XBO after e3 though.

Let me guess you are asking $300 for a 500gb with 2 controllers and 2-3 games,right?

#50 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:59 PM

Let me guess you are asking $300 for a 500gb with 2 controllers and 2-3 games,right?

I didn't know they made 500gb Wii U's doofus.

#51 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:44 AM

I'm excited for the new consoles. I just got the uncharted bundle and slapped a 1tb hard drive in it and I don't feel at all like I'm getting shafted. These consoles are what we need especially since technology is moving so fast. They really should've made some pieces upgradeable (n64) but whatever.

I'm excited to see what both companies bring to the table. If Microsoft blows us away I can finally convince myself to get a Xbox

#52 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:22 AM

Wii U may be a garbage console, but it brings the games without even trying. Xenoblade 2,  Bayonetta 2, SMT x Fire Emblem, Splatoon, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Maker (crazy game), Star Fox Zero, and Fatal Frame, just to name a few of the dozens and dozens of great exclusives they have. Nintendo left the Wii U out to die and it still got great exclusive after great exclusive. What does Senor Bone have? Halo, GoW, Forza, Killer Microtransactions, Sunset Overdrive, and remakes. Yawn. *falls asleep*

I dont think cheap would even cut it for me. Maybe if it was 100 bucks then Id get one so I can not play it.

I went with a PS4 for current gen and there are some games on xbone Id like to try but I just dont have the time to buy another current gen system to justify it. Between wiiu, ps4, ps3, vita and my pc I cant even keep up. I just cant see myself dropping several hundred dollars on a system that has a library of games that are mostly on the other current gen system I already own. Not even for a slim model, not even for a xbone 1.5, not even for hololens.

No, I mean it's $249 more than it should be. In other words, it should be $50. That's the price I'll buy at, mainly for Rare Replay.

#53 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:33 AM

I bought the xbone GOW bundle back a while ago for $299 and got a $100 BB gift card. I also own a PS4. Between discounts on Xbox games, backwards compatibility, free or super cheap codes, and superior Games With Gold vs PS Plus lately I feel its come close to paying for itself. The super easy and cheap external storage options ($25-$30 externals are everywhere) are also nice.

Oh and don't forget Cuphead coming later this year! Game looks amazing!

#54 Rop3ADop3   puts salt on saltines CAGiversary!   1107 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:26 AM

e3 in two weeks

#55 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10391 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:28 PM

Wii U may be a garbage console, but it brings the games without even trying. Xenoblade 2, Bayonetta 2, SMT x Fire Emblem, Splatoon, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Maker (crazy game), Star Fox Zero, and Fatal Frame, just to name a few of the dozens and dozens of great exclusives they have. Nintendo left the Wii U out to die and it still got great exclusive after great exclusive. What does Senor Bone have? Halo, GoW, Forza, Killer Microtransactions, Sunset Overdrive, and remakes. Yawn. *falls asleep*

No, I mean it's $249 more than it should be. In other words, it should be $50. That's the price I'll buy at, mainly for Rare Replay.

It sounds like the console isn't for you, I don't know why you would torture yourself just to play Rare Replay.

#56 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1472 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:59 PM

Wii U may be a garbage console, but it brings the games without even trying. Xenoblade 2,  Bayonetta 2, SMT x Fire Emblem, Splatoon, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Maker (crazy game), Star Fox Zero, and Fatal Frame, just to name a few of the dozens and dozens of great exclusives they have. Nintendo left the Wii U out to die and it still got great exclusive after great exclusive. What does Senor Bone have? Halo, GoW, Forza, Killer Microtransactions, Sunset Overdrive, and remakes. Yawn. *falls asleep*

Wii U doesn't have dozens & dozens of great exclusives. I can agree with 1 dozen. The fact that you named two mediocre to bad games like Star Fox Zero & Fatal Frame show how weak your claim is. You really shouldn't diss remakes either two of those 12 great Wii U exclusives are remakes Wind Waker & Twilight Princess. Also how do you know SMTx FE is great it's not even out yet. Your fanboy is showing cover that up. 

#57 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:05 PM

My Walmart has the 500 GB Xbones for 279  :robot:

#58 gldndomer  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:41 PM

I had a Wii U but I sold it for an X1 since the online component from Nintendo is a joke. Took me about a month to play Bayonetta 2, DKC TF, Mario 3D, SSBWU, MK8, and Steamworld Dig. Tried Pikmin 3, Splatoon, and Wonderful 101, but didn't like them. Still haven't finished even Fallout 4 or Witcher 3 on X1.

#59 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3197 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:13 PM

Okay buddy.

Im not your buddy, guy

#60 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10391 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:28 PM

Im not your buddy, guy

I don't think he was talking to you, unless you want him to be talking to you.  But it sounds like you don't, so no idea what's up.