* * * - - 2 votes

Changes to Best Buy GCU

#31 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3377 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:10 PM

Probably updated copy (Terms & Conditions) and dates.

Nothing to see here.  Move along please.

#32 victimsofadown   Lurker CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

victimsofadown

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:18 PM

Just got this email too. All I care about is that we still get 20% off new games (which is still listed).

I frantically searched then breathed a sigh of relief when I saw it was still there.

I scanned the document and didn't see anything different except maybe having to sign up in store? I've always signed up in-store so I dunno

#33 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11366 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:20 PM

Nothing change is GOOD :)

#34 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4421 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

I clicked on this expecting to see that GCU was going to only offer the 20% off the first two weeks like Amazon. Looks like nothing of note has changed though, so that's good. If they went the route of Amazon I wouldn't renew GCU and I'd start buying everything from Amazon, but if Best Buy leaves GCU alone then I will continue to spend thousands of dollars with them. 

#35 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2869 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:58 PM

It's funny that after I saw this email my first thought was to check CAG for an explanation on the changes. Guess nothing to see.

Lol, same

#36 EveningNewbs   ! CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

EveningNewbs

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:10 PM

20% discount off new physical video game software (excludes pre-owned video game software and digital gaming). Limit 3 copies of each title per platform per year per member.

Is this different? I thought it was limited to 3 copies of a game period, regardless of the platform(s).

#37 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1229 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

Is this different? I thought it was limited to 3 copies of a game period, regardless of the platform(s).

no it's always been 3 per platform per year

#38 NeoMonk  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:42 PM

WOW I expected a rage fest

"Ever since they lower the price, GCU has been shite. All these new ppl ruined it!"

like we used to see... Glad to know it was nothing afterall!

#39 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3020 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:53 PM

I bet this was just a test to let us know that they will change the terms at any time. In a few weeks they will remove the 20% discount :twoguns:  

#40 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6611 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:57 PM

WOW I expected a rage fest
"Ever since they lower the price, GCU has been shite. All these new ppl ruined it!"
like we used to see... Glad to know it was nothing afterall!

Well, that guy gets banned every time he comes 'round, so.

#41 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2568 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:33 PM

I don't want to freak everyone out but there is a major change that they seem to have not mentioned to the public:

GCU will no longer work on Black Friday deals. :-(

#42 PennStateFencer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

PennStateFencer

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:48 PM

I don't want to freak everyone out but there is a major change that they seem to have not mentioned to the public:

I noticed this too and was trying to track the thread back down to post it.  Looks like I got beat to the punch.  That is a major negative.  Who doesn't like stacking on top of already decent deals?

#43 x-rider  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:55 PM

nvm

#44 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3020 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:59 PM

where does it say that in the terms?

#45 FadeToOne   It's CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   1897 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

FadeToOne

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:04 PM

where does it say that in the terms?

Ugh... I definitely didn't notice when I saw it before...

20% discount off new physical video games (excludes pre-owned video game software and digital gaming). Benefit does not combine with promotions advertised in Best Buy's Thanksgiving Day physical ad or expanded digital ad

#46 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:09 PM

No big deal, the program still is largely the same.

#47 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2568 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:12 PM

No one said anything about it in the first few pages so I figured it was only told internally.

#48 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:44 PM

Someone asked it on the forums so I'll be very curious to see their response.

#49 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2869 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:34 PM

Ugh... I definitely didn't notice when I saw it before...

20% discount off new physical video games (excludes pre-owned video game software and digital gaming). Benefit does not combine with promotions advertised in Best Buy's Thanksgiving Day physical ad or expanded digital ad

BOOOOOOO this change!

I'll just have to watch extra closely for the 45 days after a purchase then

#50 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:40 AM

Fuck!

#51 Petey Parker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Petey Parker

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:47 AM

That definitely was not there this morning. They must have updated the terms again today. I went to the link as soon as I got the email and there was nothing about Black Friday no longer working. That really sucks.

#52 milt95  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:25 AM

I wonder, what about the "after-Black Friday / Holiday" deals like B2G1 on PS4 / Xbox One and BOGO 40% / 50% on Nintendo titles, or Deals of the Day like these? IMO, they usually work out better than the Black Friday price cuts.

#53 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:45 AM

Can't imagine Cyber Monday is included. Is that what they mean by, "Expanded digital ad"?

#54 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:36 AM

Ain't that some sh...

#55 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2051 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:55 AM

That is absolutely stupid as hell, we should all start calling to complain about that, just bombard their CS until they revert.

#56 benjamouth   Thanks Larry Davis for the sig !! CAGiversary!   7563 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

benjamouth

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:23 PM

Personally the Black Friday thing doesn't bother me as those prices usually get repeated after BF, that said I think I must be due to renew soon so if they change anything else I may think twice.

#57 bzchanboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   615 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:49 PM

Can't imagine Cyber Monday is included. Is that what they mean by, "Expanded digital ad"?

It refers to their weekly ads that is the term used by blue shirts when they talk about their online ad. They need to clarify if they are just speaking about Thanksgiving time or if applies to every weekly advertised sale since they no longer have a physical weekly ad.

#58 FadeToOne   It's CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   1897 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

FadeToOne

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

It refers to their weekly ads that is the term used by blue shirts when they talk about their online ad. They need to clarify if they are just speaking about Thanksgiving time or if applies to every weekly advertised sale since they no longer have a physical weekly ad.

You can bet your ass they keep putting out a physical ad for Black Friday.  I read it as they mean the phyical and digital ad for Black Friday, not the normal weekly digital ads.

#59 bzchanboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   615 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:07 PM

I didn't mean to imply that they wouldn't have an ad for Thanksgiving I'm just stating that you can infer that this is a bigger change and not something to just glance over. If it affects all weekly sales going forward that would be a huge step in the wrong direction that's all I am trying to say. 

#60 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:19 PM

Looks like Amazon will now be getting my BF / CM deals on gaming, since they'll just copy BB's BF ad anyway and I'd rather use Amazon credit on it, if there's not an incentive to get 20% off the BF pricing.  Last BF, I picked up a number of games since they were 20% off BF prices.  

I usually have my Elite + taken care of in advance of BF anyway, so that won't be an incentive to me.