Best Buy: Star Trek TNG Complete Series $99.99

Meepok1

CAGiversary!
Can't post a link since I'm new but it should come up with a simple search.

MSRP should be $208.99 but they have it as $159.99 with the normal pre order % off for new releases which makes it $99.99. Not sure if it's an error or not. 

This is a very odd price and most likely is a price mistake, so I jumped on it immediately.

This is the same item on Amazon.com, at $208.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Generation-Complete-Blu-ray/dp/B01BP06ENA

There's also this other item at BB.com, which is also a ST: TNG Complete Series, though it's listed a $159.99, without any cover art and a 06/14/16 release fdate:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-trek-the-next-generation-the-complete-series-blu-ray-disc/31135434.p?id=3571047&skuId=31135434

The same item as this $159.99 one at BB is also $159.99 @ Amazon.com, also without cover art, with a 06/14/16 release date:

http://smile.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Generation-Complete-Blu-ray/dp/B01EDYF6MK

Blu-Ray.com shows the one with the 06/07/14 release date that matches the $208.99 one on Amazon and the $99.99 on BestBuy.com:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Trek-The-Next-Generation-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/153852/

There's also a S1-4 and S5-7 release as well, also with 06/07/16 release dates:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Trek-The-Next-Generation-Seasons-1-4-Blu-ray/155483/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Trek-The-Next-Generation-Seasons-1-4-Blu-ray/155483/

Just randomly noticed this post and quickly placed an order, really hope it isn't an error and they don't cancel it. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I quickly placed an order for this last night as well.  It seemed like a price mistake since Amazon has it listed for $208.99.   Great find, thanks!

I went in for one as well, the guys over at Blu-ray.com seem to think this is a HUUUUUGE error so they're all saying do eet before Best Buy catches on, everywhere else the set is $200+ or $100 each if you buy the half sets.

So, I got a "your item will be available for pickup" email today. Guess I'll find out tomorrow if it's the real deal or not.

This is a pretty amazing deal. I paid a lot more for each one as it came out...something like $30 a pop or so on sales. Closer to Amazon's price. If you don't have this yet, I'd jump!

Great series and great price but I just literally watched the whole series on Hulu.  GF's not going to be too happy if I drop $100 plus tax on something we already have for free with out Hulu subscription.  Still, if I had an extra $100 around I would probably pick it up.  Physical trumps digital every day.

Great series and great price but I just literally watched the whole series on Hulu. GF's not going to be too happy if I drop $100 plus tax on something we already have for free with out Hulu subscription. Still, if I had an extra $100 around I would probably pick it up. Physical trumps digital every day.
I almost held back on ordering at as well given how profilific the streaming options are for it. The I realized it basically comes down to less than $15 a season so I figured I might as well.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but does the bluray set come with a digital copy?
No digital copy. I had my pre-order delayed until 6/29 so I called BBY customer service and requested an in store pickup. Got the last one. Not happy I couldn't get it shipped. Guy on the phone yesterday said nothing about delays or issues, did say something about shipping "coming soon" but that wouldn't affect my pre-order from 6/2. Sure enough, it did.

Went in and got my instore pickup pretty much without any problem. Only thing was that they had the dvd version waiting for me but the was quickly fixed. Saw a post on SD saying their instore was cancelled the day of pickup so i feel pretty lucky.

In the span of 24 hours, I received a "Your release date is 06/07/16", "Your item is backordered" (x2) and "Your item has shipped".

The last one is the only one I was looking forward to, though it's still to know that it finally shipped out. 

I got the back ordered email yesterday but another email this morning saying it was a mistake and it was available.

Just picked it up

Anybody know how this compares to the full series UK release?  I picked the UK one up a few months ago from a deal, but haven't even opened it yet.

Well, fuck, looks like I need to go check that out.  :wall: 

Also, thanks to BB for shipping it in a box without any airpack and one of the box corners was crushed. :bomb: 

Well, fuck, looks like I need to go check that out. :wall:

Also, thanks to BB for shipping it in a box without any airpack and one of the box corners was crushed. :bomb:
I decided to open my set this morning and it looks like there are no duplicate discs.

Unfortunately, the packaging for the discs is even shittier than I expected so they went straight into a binder and I'll just use the box for display now...

I decided to open my set this morning and it looks like there are no duplicate discs.

Unfortunately, the packaging for the discs is even shittier than I expected so they went straight into a binder and I'll just use the box for display now...
Same here, no duplicate S7D6 disc for me, so I'm good there.

And yes, this packaging is meh at best, though it was $14.14 per season, so I think I can live with that for the price.

Yeah, I wouldn't complain about the price too much. I'm a little miffed because I went to the trouble of purchasing each individual season as they were coming out in their initial run. That was WAY more expensive. The packaging for the individual seasons is pretty good, so no complaints there. But I spent a ton on acquiring the whole series. Now it's available to the more price-shy consumer for a meager $100. And it will probably go on sale from there.

Ah well, no use crying over it now. I was already able to watch several of the earlier seasons because I got the season releases. And it is one of my more favorite Sci-Fi series, after all.

bread's done
Back