PS4 help

xbox_man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
My brother just bought a PS4 and I am trying to get some info for him on some things.

We are also in Australia.

I know you can't play PS3 discs on PS4 but what about a digital PS3 game?

I know PSN Plus and PSN card are region specific but what about PSN digital game codes?

I know with Xbox if I got a digital code for a game from America it would work on my Australian account if we had the same game. Is that the same for Sony game digital codes?

no sir digital ps3 games don't work on ps4 as far as i know 

You wouldn't be able to play any of them. PS4 doesn't support ps, ps2 or ps3 games. You can't re download them onto the console from the store for that reason. It is reasonable to assume that if Sony ever add support for, say, downloaded PS1games then previously purchased titles will be available to you in the 

Credit Card Needed For PS+ Free Trial on PS4?

You need a credit card so that, if you forget to cancel your 30 day trial, Sony can charge you for a 30 day renewal of PS+.  You don't need an actual credit card but you can buy a pre-loaded Visa card from Walmart or similar store.  Load it up with $10, go online and associate the card with your billing address so you can use it online, setup your PS+ trial using that card, cancel the renewal, and then go and buy yourself some Wendy's with the Visa pre-loaded card.

I don't think you need a credit card if you buy a PS+ card from a retail store as that gives you a set amount of time without auto-renewal.  The 30 day trial that came with the PS4 is just that, a trial.  It sets you up and let's you use PS+ with the intention of you (or the service) renewing.  It's not the same as a 30-day pre-paid PS+ card from the stores.

Thanks for the help. That really sucks that a digital game code is not region free, Xbox has it much better with digital game codes.

I know about creating a US account, but this is for my brother and he would not want to bother with any of that, that was why I was asking if the game codes were region free or not.

Spoke to my brother before and he already used the trial and put PayPal info on, he removed it after though.

Thanks for the help. That really sucks that a digital game code is not region free, Xbox has it much better with digital game codes.

I know about creating a US account, but this is for my brother and he would not want to bother with any of that, that was why I was asking if the game codes were region free or not.

Spoke to my brother before and he already used the trial and put PayPal info on, he removed it after though.
yes in this day and age that doesn't make much sense. if the console itself like ps4 is region free than everything else related to it should be region free too

bread's done
Back