Rainbow 6: Siege Starter Edition (PC) - $15

Weird.... I'm interested though. Can anyone speak to how the PC community for this game is? I've stayed away from quite a few games and opted for consoles versions due to rampant cheating. Is this a problem with Siege?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak to the community as I only play with friends, but this game is great and this price is great for it.  We're playing it in my Steam group tonight if anyone wants to join. 

That's interesting. That's a pretty crazy amount of Renown, though, and it seems like they'd be better off making the base game free and just charging for operators.

But then I suppose we'd be seeing a bunch of Rookies infecting games.

That's interesting. That's a pretty crazy amount of Renown, though, and it seems like they'd be better off making the base game free and just charging for operators.

But then I suppose we'd be seeing a bunch of Rookies infecting games.
Edit:

Nevermind, calculations wrong as are the numbers in the articles I think. The grind on this one may not be worth it for the savings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit:

Nevermind, calculations wrong as are the numbers in the articles I think. The grind on this one may not be worth it for the savings.
On the official website it said all operator unlocks in this version are 12,500 renown, while normally they would be 500/1000/1500/2000 for each successive one in each division.

Forget that!  It sounds like it takes really long anyway to unlock characters.  Not worth the frustration of even "grindier" progression just to save some money now.

- Slower unlocking of the remaining 16 Original Operators (GIGN, SAS, GSG9, SPETSNAZ, FBI):
- 12,500 Renown or 300 R6 Credits to unlock 1 Operator
- Approx. 15 hours to unlock 1 operator using in-game Renown
Would have been interesting if it was a free to play model or at least considerably cheaper. But it's not like this game is never gonna go on sale. Wait a few months and the standard edition will go on sale for less than $15 at some point. And then you'll wish you hadn't spent all those hours grinding.

The game is really fun. We just played it for two hours, but the grind of the starter pack is a lot. For example, I have the regular edition and I unlock operators at 500, 1000, 1500, and 2000 renown per country. In about three hours I got around 2000 renown. Our friend with the starter pack got the same amount of renown but his unlock at 12500 renown per operator with no scale. That said, the pack comes with 600 in game currency which you can use to unlock two operators and some of the operators are in sale for 8700 renown he said. You also get more renown when you play the situations.

Tbh, I tend two use the same two operators all the time (Ash and Tachanka). So if you research your operators before buying, the starter pack isn't awful.

Yes, but hopefully UBI makes an upgrade option for Starter pack owners to unlock the full game? That would be cool.
In the Q&A on their site, the response is "buy R6 credits or the season pass". So that's probably their angle on this. The Starter Pack is also, supposedly, only available for a couple of weeks. I'm sure that won't be the case if it works well.

In the Q&A on their site, the response is "buy R6 credits or the season pass". So that's probably their angle on this. The Starter Pack is also, supposedly, only available for a couple of weeks. I'm sure that won't be the case if it works well.
Sweet actually. If the season pass unlocks the full game, that's not bad at all.

Edit:
It's weird. The season pass doesn't change anything. It just unlocks the post launch operators (which are really good so far). I wonder if the credit packs ever go on sale.

Sweet actually. If the season pass unlocks the full game, that's not bad at all.

Edit:
It's weird. The season pass doesn't change anything. It just unlocks the post launch operators (which are really good so far). I wonder if the credit packs ever go on sale.
Yes, they were saying R6 creds for the base operators and SP for the post-launch ones. Sorry for not clarifying. I think they said that buying everything with creds would take like 35 dollars.

Weird.... I'm interested though. Can anyone speak to how the PC community for this game is? I've stayed away from quite a few games and opted for consoles versions due to rampant cheating. Is this a problem with Siege?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pc community is ok. I've been playing this since Feb and have had a good time. Shooter is more tactics and strategy. Often getting shot once or twice means death. Players are about what you would expect. This is one of those games that having a mic and using it are key. If you are going to be silent and not help strategize, call out locations, watch cameras and so on then this isnt the game for you.

bread's done
Back