Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero (PS4, Vita & Wii U) - $29.99 at Gamestop, Amazon & BestBuy

Hope amazon pre-order pop up very soon.  Looking forward for Vita version (Should be RARE version) and Wii U is next.  PS4 version is wide release  :)

Anyone know if this is gamestop exclusive, or if it's going to go to other retailers?
Shouldn't be, Xseed games usually show up at Amazon/BBY. Costs ~$37 after shipping/tax on GS.

The physical release is not related to the KS... the KS was to fund the development of the game. For the physical release, they got into a publishing deal with Xseed.

Really stupid, since they've said for the longest time that a physical release would not be possible, even with a lot of demand for it. Funny, they found a publisher just months before release. Oh well, guess I should be happy the games coming out, only 2 years after they original release date. The game better be good.

Anyone know if this is gamestop exclusive, or if it's going to go to other retailers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, the sinful and dirty things I would do to Shantae. Hope this game is a proper remaster so I can see all of her properly in her glory. And so help me if this game doesn't have jiggle physics!

I think i prefer Djinn Band to Genie Hero.

Here's hoping Amazon/BBY get for 20% off

Is this getting even a digital release for X1?

Yes, digital only.
Sounds like a Shovel Knight situation for the XBox one physical version. Microsoft wanted them to print more copies then the publisher actually wanted to print hence the physical version was scrapped (I'm referring to Shovel Knight. I'm sure Xseed didn't even try for Shantae).

Sounds like a Shovel Knight situation for the XBox one physical version. Microsoft wanted them to print more copies then the publisher actually wanted to print hence the physical version was scrapped (I'm referring to Shovel Knight. I'm sure Xseed didn't even try for Shantae).
Yea, from my understanding Microsoft requires much larger print runs than either Sony or Nintendo. At least that's what LRG and a few other Publishers have stated. I also think the PS4, Vita, and Wii U are better target audiences for this specific game.

Bizarre listing. No Prime discount showing up either; is this somehow exempt, or just a quirk of it being half-baked?
Likely the latter, as new game listings for not-AAA titles tend to not have the Prime discount showing right away.

Hey, a neat birthday gift.  Maybe I'll order one from Amazon in hopes they will send me the original game by accident.  Otherwise, I'll probably just wait on BB.

This is just a physical release of the already digital one, right? It doesn't have more content or even a plat trophy?
This doesn't come out until September and there's no trophy list yet but it is the physical release.

This is just a physical release of the already digital one, right? It doesn't have more content or even a plat trophy?
No idea on the trophy list--Risky's Revenge doesn't have a plat while Pirate's Curse does--but it does come with a 20-track CD:

XSEED Games will be publishing Shantae: Half-Genie Hero physically on all three announced platforms this fall, as a special “Risky Beats” retail release packaged with a musical selections CD containing over 20 songs from the game’s soundtrack, and each offered at a suggested retail price of $29.99.

Will there be no 3DS version? That was the best version of Shantae & the Pirates Curse, IMHO. I like the 3D (especially the tastefully done 3D on the bodies on the female characters). The d-pad on the new 3DS is not bad at all, and can be used to control Shantae very accurately (as with Shovel Knight). I would love to get this on 3DS. That's probably the only version I would buy, honestly. I like the games, but I tried playing Pirates Curse on ps4, & it's just not the same when you're used to the 3D and the smaller screen (which hides all the imperfections with the lower resolution). I don't want to buy Vita games I am unsure of since I may sell it (if it doesn't get more support than it did last year).

There's 2 shantae gifs you guys should see.
O5wTKGD.gif

8c4Hpoe.gif

Hmm...I Kickstarter backed this awhile back.  Probably should look into that. 

Anyway, I probably would get the Vita version if I didn't back it.

Doesnt look like Amazon has the prime discount yet.
I wonder if they stopped applying it automatically to cut down on the double-dip. It should show up later on down the road, but either way it's still a better option than Gamestop.

I'm ready to make a baby now
I was thinking of something on the nsfw side but these are good too, I've never seen the first gif.

spazkid shantae and kyrieru shantae you'll be searching, again very nsfw.

Sweet!  Only 2 years behind the estimated delivery date from the Kickstarter (so.. par for the course on KS).  I just hope KS backers get their codes early.

Will there be no 3DS version? That was the best version of Shantae & the Pirates Curse, IMHO. I like the 3D (especially the tastefully done 3D on the bodies on the female characters). The d-pad on the new 3DS is not bad at all, and can be used to control Shantae very accurately (as with Shovel Knight). I would love to get this on 3DS. That's probably the only version I would buy, honestly. I like the games, but I tried playing Pirates Curse on ps4, & it's just not the same when you're used to the 3D and the smaller screen (which hides all the imperfections with the lower resolution). I don't want to buy Vita games I am unsure of since I may sell it (if it doesn't get more support than it did last year).
The 3DS wouldn't be able to handle this game. While the other games were made with Nintendo portables in mind, this game is made with HD in mind. If they did eventually make it for the 3DS, they would need to heavily downgrade the visuals.

bread's done
Back