Target Cartwheel Video Game Deals June 5th through June 11th

Paulis30ish

Banned
Some pretty impressive deals, on games that you might have never bought otherwise, this week.

50% Off Peanut's: Snoopy's Grand Adventure PS4 or Xbox One (Expires June 11th)

40% Off Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 PS4 or Xbox One (Expires June 11th)

40% Off Deadpool The Videogame PS4 or Xbox One (Expires June 11th)

50% Off Transformers: Devastation All Platforms (Expires June 11th)

50% Off The Sims 4 All Games And Expansions (Expires June 11th)

35% Off Peanuts: Snoopy's Grand Adventure Xbox 360, Wii U, or 3DS Editions (Expires June 11th)

35% Off 12 Month Xbox Live Subscription Card (Expires June 19th)

30% Off Disney Infinity 3.0 Playsets (Expires June 11th)

*Goes to Target, searches Transformers Devastation.* 

Game is still $50 at target, so $25, still not buying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm blown away that THPS5 isn't like $15 everywhere by now. I know the general consensus is that it's a shit game, but there's a part of me that still wants to try it.

I'm blown away that THPS5 isn't like $15 everywhere by now. I know the general consensus is that it's a shit game, but there's a part of me that still wants to try it.
it's a good game it's not shit

*Goes to Target, searches Transformers Devastation.*

Game is still $50 at target, so $25, still not buying it.

X1 version is showing for $40 online, so down to $20 before discounts is tempting.

Also not a bad deal on XBL live. Too bad team member discounts no longer work on cards anymore. Red card still does however.

I rented it near launch and found the game to be enjoyable for what it is, but it does play differently than most Tony Hawk games (although still arcadey).

Also didn't run into any of the glitches others did, but did hit one game breaking bug. After playing the first night and logging off, I couldn't load the game past the main menu on my main account. It I loaded an account that hasn't played the game, it would load fine, but if I switched back to my main, it would crash again no matter what.

Kinda sure that Target does the same as Wal-Mart when it comes to these "deals". Increase the price and then adds the deal. Fifty dollars for Deadpool on PS4 and it's thirty everywhere else. If Target price matches then some of these deals could be worth while. But it's a shit list of titles. 

Yup, only way to make these deals worthwhile is to get a pricematch and cartwheel, but guest services has had the "one or the other" mantra drilled into their heads.  Still, I'll try for a Transformers PM, gotta sniff out the lowest price...

Yup, only way to make these deals worthwhile is to get a pricematch and cartwheel, but guest services has had the "one or the other" mantra drilled into their heads. Still, I'll try for a Transformers PM, gotta sniff out the lowest price...
I was able to PM Xbox Live cards and use Cartwheel. Ended up being $25.99. Got some grocery stuff too to mask it.

Yup, only way to make these deals worthwhile is to get a pricematch and cartwheel, but guest services has had the "one or the other" mantra drilled into their heads. Still, I'll try for a Transformers PM, gotta sniff out the lowest price...
"Cartwheel cannot be applied with price match" is explicitly said in every offer details, the guest services just did what's in the details, nothing drilled to their head. If they allowed, actually they didn't do their job right.

"Cartwheel cannot be applied with price match" is explicitly said in every offer details, the guest services just did what's in the details, nothing drilled to their head. If they allowed, actually they didn't do their job right.
The register allows it 100% of the time. It takes CS reps to not do it, which in my past experience, they won't catch if there's other items on the Cartwheel you're using at the time of purchase, which would be valid use of Cartwheel at time of purchase.

Just go up there and do the PM, then put up your items to use with Cartwheel, such as groceries or other items. Swipe your payment method while they're ringing things up, pay for it and you're done.

The only thing they can do once the transaction is completed to post-void the transaction, which has only happened to me once all the times I've done PM + Cartwheel. I just went to another Target and had no issues with the same transaction there.

Damn, Target is almost as bad as Hastings with these deals. Marking games up whenever they go on sale for "50% off".

Their store policy is to NOT allow both. Per policy, they are right to deny the "double dip".

Their system however WILL allow both with no issues. Therefore, it's up to the associate to either allow or deny. If they allow, they are going against policy.

Here we go again. Yes yes suuuuure, they're just doing their job, following store policy, and doing as they're told. Yet the cartwheel discount works automagically with price adjustment, and at every single target store's guest services section they have a giant sign behind them that states "MAXIMIZE SAVINGS with Target's pricematch guarantee, weekly ad, AND cartwheel discounts".

That statement indicates to me that combining anything and everything to, shockingly, maximize savings is not only encouraged but expressly allowed, flying in the face of their contradicting policy. As such, I don't give a flying fuck what any fine print and policy to the contrary indicates, and will continue to make the attempts and politely yet firmly argue my case based on their own signage. If I get denied, no big deal I'll happily concede despite their sign directly behind them stating combining PM + cartwheel to maximize is allowed, and try again at a different location.

Last edited by a moderator:
very well stated. i feel the same

Here we go again. Yes yes suuuuure, they're just doing their job, following store policy, and doing as they're told. Yet the cartwheel discount works automagically with price adjustment, and at every single target store's guest services section they have a giant sign behind them that states "MAXIMIZE SAVINGS with Target's pricematch guarantee, weekly ad, AND cartwheel discounts".

That statement indicates to me that combining anything and everything to, shockingly, maximize savings is not only emcouraged but expressly allowed, flying in the face of their contradicting policy. As such, I don't give a flying fuck what any fine print and policy to the contrary indicates, and will continue to make the attempts and politely yet firmly argue my case based on their own signage. If I get denied, no big deal I'll happily concede despite their sign directly behind them stating combining PM + cartwheel to maximize is allowed, and try again at a different location.

If they refuse to do it, I just walk away and say "You put this **** away then."

I just don't bother because it's fucking video games. But this thread (and most others on here) show how awful and entitled people are and why I'd rather dig ditches than work retail.

you're right, opened "new" games that employess played and full price ps2 sports games(or better yet clearance games that cost 1 penny more than they were regularly priced) scream "we want to sell this shit!" Not the place that price matches everyone and gives an extra 5% off on top of it. That place is dumb.
But that's the nice thing about a free market. Everyone gets to shop where they like. You do you player.

I'll take GameStop or Walmart for games over target any day lol Target makes it seem like they don't wanna sell anything to you
Walmart is only better because they hire idiot people to stock who put $59.99 games in slots tagged $9.96

Then because of their policy they sell them to you for that.

Walmart is only better because they hire idiot people to stock who put $59.99 games in slots tagged $9.96

There's a higher chance of that vs target letting you PM games. Idk man every time I PM at target they always just make you seem like the bad guy! GameStop is honestly the best right behind Best Buy because of the different coupons and the fact that we can stockpile credit once a month

That statement indicates to me that combining anything and everything to, shockingly, maximize savings is not only emcouraged but expressly allowed, flying in the face of their contradicting policy. As such, I don't give a flying fuck what any fine print and policy to the contrary indicates, and will continue to make the attempts and politely yet firmly argue my case based on their own signage. If I get denied, no big deal I'll happily concede despite their sign directly behind them stating combining PM + cartwheel to maximize is allowed, and try again at a different location.
Good luck if one day you opened a store, calculated precisely to offer different discounts to be competitive but still profitable, however your employee just like stacked every offers even told not to do so, people loved to shop there as your employee were giving things away and you're wondering why you didn't earn as much. It doesn't matter it's a small or big box store, you're lucky find an ignorant CS but don't blame them if they just do what they're told.

I've read this a few times now... I don't have a Walmart near me so I'm not wise to the ways of the Wallyworld.

I assume this works because an employee will have to get the game out of the locked case, so do you just point out that it is in the low price slot and then when they ring it up you just say it again and they go "oh yeah, ok" and then you're done?

so if deadpool is cheaper for the xbox, do any of you think it would be cheaper perhaps to just buy the xbox version, and then head somewhere else to do an exchange?  my target has a best buy right next door, so i could go to target and use cartwheel to get deadpool for however cheap, and then see if best buy will just allow a swap?

any takers?

It's pretty simple. If you can get the PM + Cartwheel, go for it. If they deny you, don't throw a fit. Wait for it to drop to the price you want to pay. It will eventually.

managed to get deadpool price matched for 32, bought some food with it, had them scan the cartwheel, droped to 19.xx , then had a 5$ gift card i forgot about, so out the door with 14.xx

i am excited i got it for the price i wanted, woot woot

bread's done
Back