* * * - - 26 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - 2064: Read Only Memories [PS4] & Crawl [PS4] Nov. 17, Windjammers [PS4/Vita] & Claire: Extended Cut [PS4/Vita] Dec.1

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#14281 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   2045 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

Friday the 13th The Game is also being distributed (the Kickstarter Steelbook Editions) by LRG from what I have heard.  Not sure if anyone cares though lol.

#14282 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22239 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

I didn't even know that game was a KS game... 

Currently playing: 

PS1 Wild Arms - :) (Mutha-fucking Wild ARMS!!) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#14283 Dashey10  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:20 AM

Friday the 13th The Game is also being distributed (the Kickstarter Steelbook Editions) by LRG from what I have heard.  Not sure if anyone cares though lol.

What the hell? First time I'm hearing about this.

Get $15 credits from Tokyo Otaku Mode with you sign up with my referral link here

#14284 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2262 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:15 AM

https://twitter.com/...997545820061696

If the tweet doesn't show up.
"Signed a NEW game for PS4 and Vita! ;) Also finalizing a contract for one of my dream Vita games!"
EDIT: Just to clarify, it's a port but was not on PS4 or Vita here!

Plz be Child of Light!

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#14285 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20497 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:22 AM

Plz be Child of Light!

What? @_@

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#14286 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3112 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:24 AM

Plz be Child of Light!

Uh. Wasn’t there already a physical version of Child of Light?
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#14287 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2262 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:05 AM

Uh. Wasn’t there already a physical version of Child of Light?

No physical disc release ever on PS4.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#14288 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9857 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:21 AM

Plz be Child of Light!

it came out for the vita already. I think it would be out of the running

#14289 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   2045 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:58 AM

What the hell? First time I'm hearing about this.

Was informed that in my Kickstarter Backer email I received from Gun Media.  Crazy shit right?  Guess they are the distributer.

#14290 reko8   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

Wasn't Salt & Sanctuary rumored to be released around this time of the year? I wonder what the hold up on that is since it has been out since March on the Vita.

#14291 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22239 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

Wasn't Salt & Sanctuary rumored to be released around this time of the year? I wonder what the hold up on that is since it has been out since March on the Vita.

There were issues with the Vita build... they have to rebuild it. Also, the digital release and physical releases of games are different. 

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#14292 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2008 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:10 PM

Gun Media were the ones behind the Breach & Clear franchise... so it's not a huge surprise that they'd also use LRG to publish Friday the 13th.   Being online only multiplayer (with a bot mode being tacked on soon for offline play)... I wonder if they'll bother doing a cover variant knowing how risky it might be after Lawbreakers.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#14293 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3112 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

Gun Media were the ones behind the Breach & Clear franchise... so it's not a huge surprise that they'd also use LRG to publish Friday the 13th.   Being online only multiplayer (with a bot mode being tacked on soon for offline play)... I wonder if they'll bother doing a cover variant knowing how risky it might be after Lawbreakers.

Mighty Rabbit and LRG are both founded by Josh

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#14294 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

Should be getting my Lawbreakers CE today. Despite the game tanking, doesn't bother me as long as the art book is good quality. 

#14295 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2008 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

Mighty Rabbit and LRG are both founded by Josh

True.   Mighty Rabbit and LRG even share offices and some staff has even crossed over to do work with LRG.  Gun Media is a different company and some may not be aware of their hand on the Breach & Clear games, let alone even noticed the mention of Gun on the back of the game boxes.   Whatever the case, it makes perfect sense that Gun Media would go with LRG for physical PS4 games.   Also looking closer at Gun Media, before Friday the 13th, they had one game on their own that bombed and was even pulled from PSN because of how bad it was and the other two games were the B&C games which we all know that Mighty Rabbit would have gone under if not for LRG... so I wouldn't be surprised to find out Gun Media was in a similar spot to Mighty Rabbit and survived in part thanks to LRG publishing the B&C games.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#14296 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5520 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Not sure what you're talking about in regard to Friday the 13th.  It was already published and is widely available at retail as of last Friday.  I believe all LRG is supposed to do is fulfillment of the Kickstarter physical rewards (the steelbook versions and any other physical goods that are owed to backers).  

#14297 LimitedRunDoug  

LimitedRunDoug

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:06 PM

LRG is just handling the fulfillment. 

limitedrundouglas.jpg

shadow55055.png

#14298 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2869 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

We're only shipping out the rewards. We have zero involvement in the game or the rewards. It all just shows up here and we ship it out when we're given everything we need.

Friday the 13th is widely available at major retailers on PS4 and X1 as we speak and was published by Nighthawk Interactive at retail. We're not even behind any level of distribution for the game. We are literally just packing up rewards and shipping them out. Even then, we have to do it within the confines of their budget so if you're an international backer and end up owing customs fees, please direct complaints to Gun. Gun only collected $6 in shipping per package so prepaying customs is out of the question.

Studio Head at Mighty Rabbit Studios and Owner of Limited Run Games

#14299 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2869 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:56 PM

True.   Mighty Rabbit and LRG even share offices and some staff has even crossed over to do work with LRG.  Gun Media is a different company and some may not be aware of their hand on the Breach & Clear games, let alone even noticed the mention of Gun on the back of the game boxes.   Whatever the case, it makes perfect sense that Gun Media would go with LRG for physical PS4 games.   Also looking closer at Gun Media, before Friday the 13th, they had one game on their own that bombed and was even pulled from PSN because of how bad it was and the other two games were the B&C games which we all know that Mighty Rabbit would have gone under if not for LRG... so I wouldn't be surprised to find out Gun Media was in a similar spot to Mighty Rabbit and survived in part thanks to LRG publishing the B&C games.

Gun is investor backed. They've never been even close to the spot we were in.

#14300 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22239 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:08 PM

Just got an email from Signature Ed Games that they're gonna have Switch releases... that's gotta be a good sign for LRG trying to get Switch games out. 

Then again, NoE seems like a much more fan friendly company than NoA. 

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#14301 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   2045 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

We're only shipping out the rewards. We have zero involvement in the game or the rewards. It all just shows up here and we ship it out when we're given everything we need.

Friday the 13th is widely available at major retailers on PS4 and X1 as we speak and was published by Nighthawk Interactive at retail. We're not even behind any level of distribution for the game. We are literally just packing up rewards and shipping them out. Even then, we have to do it within the confines of their budget so if you're an international backer and end up owing customs fees, please direct complaints to Gun. Gun only collected $6 in shipping per package so prepaying customs is out of the question.

Yea I probably should have added more detail to my post.  I heard you guys were just distributing (shipping) out the rewards.

Have you guys even received them yet by chance?

#14302 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5159 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

Just got an email from Signature Ed Games that they're gonna have Switch releases... that's gotta be a good sign for LRG trying to get Switch games out. 

Then again, NoE seems like a much more fan friendly company than NoA. 

Yeah, I just got the same email, and yeah, one company is dealing with EU, while the other is NoA. I know which one I would choose if given the option, as NoA stopped being worth a damn since Howard Lincoln left.

#14303 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2869 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:24 PM

Yea I probably should have added more detail to my post.  I heard you guys were just distributing (shipping) out the rewards.

Have you guys even received them yet by chance?

We have some of the stuff, but most of it is supposed to arrive over the course of next week barring any delays.. We're ready to ship out when we get everything and get the official go ahead.

#14304 Jawwaad1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Jawwaad1

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

Received my Lawbreakers CE today. Haven’t open it yet but good job on the packaging LRG. The box is definitely nice. Question, does your staff design the artwork or is it outsourced to a different company?

#14305 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   2045 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

We have some of the stuff, but most of it is supposed to arrive over the course of next week barring any delays.. We're ready to ship out when we get everything and get the official go ahead.

Nice man

I know they are shipping the Steelbook with the game but the slip cover is coming at a later date.  You know if these are gonna be shipped in boxes since they are pretty fragile?

#14306 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5159 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

Well, my Ys bundle should be arriving later today, which means it's been almost 2 months since I ordered. Hands down my longest wait for an order, not counting Skull Girls of course, as that was a preorder, and I knew that wasn't coming anytime soon to begin with. 

Not a big deal on the wait, as I'm never in a rush, but for those who normally are, hopefully with this slow period due to the ESRB issues, LRG will get organized and hopefully get back on track.

#14307 Equippt  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

Well, my Ys bundle should be arriving later today, which means it's been almost 2 months since I ordered. Hands down my longest wait for an order, not counting Skull Girls of course, as that was a preorder, and I knew that wasn't coming anytime soon to begin with.

Not a big deal on the wait, as I'm never in a rush, but for those who normally are, hopefully with this slow period due to the ESRB issues, LRG will get organized and hopefully get back on track.

Ys was a preorder, too ;)

#14308 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5159 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

Ys was a preorder, too ;)

True, but that only applies to the standard version, as the CE wasn't a preorder :shame:

#14309 Equippt  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

True, but that only applies to the standard version, as the CE wasn't a preorder :shame:

Lol, I guess I was never 100% sure about that, since I stuck with the SE and the product page for the CE had the same late Sept/early Oct shipping estimate. Not that it matters anymore! The past couple months have left me with an Ys backlog, with Ys 8 also releasing and Memories of Celceta going on sale. It'll be fun to run through all of those, through.

#14310 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:03 PM

Got my YS CE's in today. Wish the contents were secured inside the box and not able to slide around everywhere. Also, personally have never been a fan of CE's with box packaging that makes it impossible to differentiate from separate systems ever since I got the Rodea CE (Wii U/3DS). At least there's a sticker showing which one is a Vita release in this case I guess.