* * * - - 26 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Big Day Feb.23, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD [Vita], Revenant Saga [PS4/Vita], & The Metronomicon [PS4]

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#11461 StudlyOmelet  

StudlyOmelet

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:01 AM

As a side note, the PC version is at 50% availability and the Bunker around 35%. I hope that doesn't hurt their bottom line though they will probably sell over the next day or two.

I could have sworn the PC version was at 40% earlier today, did people cancel? That is sucky of them.

Perhaps that was during the first batch?

#11462 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:06 AM

2 down 1 to go with Y's.

Hopefully all things LRG settle down a bit after these 3 high profile releases are over.

#11463 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7503 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:02 AM

I'm such a Fuck ing idiot. Night Trap was going to be my first LRG purchase. I'm sick with the flu and completely forgot about it. Congrats to everyone who got it. I guess I'll be patiently waiting for a sale on the digital version at this point. 

Open spoiler at your own risk.

Spoiler

#11464 htz  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

Scalping/reselling, and other off topic discussions are not permitted here in the deals forum. We have a shopping discussions forum if you want to discuss about that.

Edited by htz, 12 August 2017 - 08:20 PM.

#11465 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20677 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

Still plenty of copies of The Bunker left in stock.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#11466 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

When is the mystery RPG and it's and Y's quantities going to be revealed? 

Y's already is going to be crazy like WB and NT.

But it's CE, 2 standard variants, PS4 and Vita, and talk of reducing the print run due to PA...

Then we are adding another RPG on the same date.  

Might want to reconsider...

#11467 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1748 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:35 PM

Do we know any other dates except for Lili and N++ next week?

#11468 srocky26  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:42 PM

Do we know any other dates except for Lili and N++ next week?

Y's Origin and an unannounced Japanese game on 8/25.

Currently playing:   :vita: DanganRonpa, :ps4: Uncharted Collection, :xb1: The Division

Recently platinumed: :ps4: Witcher 3 :vita: Tales of Hearts R :ps3: Tales of Xilla, Tales of Xillia 2,  :vita: Persona 4 Golden,  :vita: Steins;Gate, :vita: Odin Sphere

#11469 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22304 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:48 PM

Thank god a mod finally stepped in. :applause:

Y's Origin and an unannounced Japanese game on 8/25.

I had no clue Ys Origin was on this month... luckily, no interest in next week's releases. 

EDIT* We still don't know what the YsO CE will be, do we? 

And where the hell is S&S? 

Currently playing: 

Nada... 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#11470 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3996 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

Thank god a mod finally stepped in. :applause:

I had no clue Ys Origin was on this month... luckily, no interest in next week's releases.

EDIT* We still don't know what the YsO CE will be, do we?

And where the hell is S&S?

The developer of S&S is still working on the Vita version, I wouldn't hold your breath for that one.

#11471 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6522 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:54 PM

The bloodbath will resume with Ys Origin.  

I'm looking forward to adding that one to my collection. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#11472 StudlyOmelet  

StudlyOmelet

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:07 PM

Scalping/reselling, and other off topic discussions are not permitted here in the deals forum. We have a shopping discussions forum if you want to discuss about that.

Search for the world "scalper" in this thread and you will see people rip on resellers 50+ times, so it does not at all surprise me to see a post like yours the moment we defend ourselves. If people took their bitching about Chrisxzwtvrthefk and resellers to "shopping discussions" we wouldn't have this problem.

#11473 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   774 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:09 PM

Was there a collector's version of night trap for PC?

#11474 StudlyOmelet  

StudlyOmelet

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:20 PM

Was there a collector's version of night trap for PC?

I don't think so, if you mean the OG version. There was a Director's cut though.

#11475 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22304 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:29 PM

Really not sure trying something new with one of their biggest releases is a good idea... like always, no real info yet. 

Currently playing: 

Nada... 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#11476 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   774 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

Looks like he's promising everyone that wants one gets one.

#11477 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

Is that even possible? Pretty sure Y's was already locked in production.

#11478 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

Looks like he's promising everyone that wants one gets one.

Interesting.  I wonder if they plan on doing some sort of psuedo presale based on this tweet -

Since he mentions the "set" quantities of the CE.  So basically anyone who put in an order for the base game gets one?

MidoriMonkey.png

#11479 htz  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:21 PM

Search for the world "scalper" in this thread and you will see people rip on resellers 50+ times, so it does not at all surprise me to see a post like yours the moment we defend ourselves. If people took their bitching about Chrisxzwtvrthefk and resellers to "shopping discussions" we wouldn't have this problem.

You can brag about your scalping or argue against it all you want in shopping discussions. Just don't do it here where it does not belong in the first place. You can send me a PM if you want to discuss this further.

#11480 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:30 PM

The only logical thing I can think of is a "pre sign up" that is input as a correction factor in determining print sizes.  Guarantees you a copy, works like a preorder but isn't a preorder, scalpers can't influence this because historically not even 1% of quantity ends up on eBay (even 100 / 8000 is 1.3%), and "LRG assumes the risk" of overproducing during this "experiment" because of people lying and not committing to buying their copies on release day.

Even if scalpers don't sign up and buy to create real demand that exceeds sign up demand, or a few people bail and don't commit, a few % of over or under is better than being off the mark 50%.

People who said they would buy a copy get 1-5 minute head start to buy and checkout.

#11481 showtimefolks  

showtimefolks

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:42 PM

Is the bunker worth getting as an investment to sell later like in a year or 2?

#11482 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9786 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:47 PM

The only logical thing I can think of is a "pre sign up" that is input as a correction factor in determining print sizes. Guarantees you a copy, works like a preorder but isn't a preorder, scalpers can't influence this because historically not even 1% of quantity ends up on eBay (even 100 / 8000 is 1.3%), and "LRG assumes the risk" of overproducing during this "experiment" because of people lying and not committing to buying their copies on release day.

Even if scalpers don't sign up and buy to create real demand that exceeds sign up demand, or a few people bail and don't commit, a few % of over or under is better than being off the mark 50%.

People who said they would buy a copy get 1-5 minute head start to buy and checkout.

If they do it play-Asia style where they send out email links to people who signed up to buy could work.

#11483 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   798 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:52 PM

The fact that no one cares at all about it (when your biggest selling point is your game stars an extra from Game of Thrones) should answer that question.

I have a blog where I review (usually terrible) movies for your enjoyment.  Come check it out at http://aghoulversus.blogspot.com/

#11484 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

LRG is getting btfo with extra inventory lately.

Wonder if they're actually selling through stock or just saying they're sold out and holding them for mystery bags later.

#11485 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20677 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:59 PM

The solution for Ys Origins standard edition.

Sell 10,000 copies.

Problem solved.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#11486 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2377 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:00 PM

This - in a nutshell - captures what is wrong with the industry today.  

What ever happened to the most important question - "Hey, you think this game is worth playing?"

Oh well.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#11487 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1677 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:06 PM

If I had the funds I wouldn't mind grabbing a copy of The Bunker and a pc copy of Night Trap since they're still around but if Y's coming in at the end of the month that pretty much will eat the rest of my budget for the month.

#11488 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5597 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:11 PM

If anyone here knew the answer realistically to your question, I doubt any of us would be here in the first place, as predicting the future would be a much more lucrative venture. LOL

You where joking right? As your question falls right in line with what the mod has just stepped in to stop(or at least a variation of it).

#11489 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:14 PM

I have $713 in LRG games I am waiting on. Lol

#11490 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:21 PM

I wonder if Ys is going to be the hybrid preorder I suggested where before setting the quantity for sony to manufacture, they sell it like a preorder. The turnaround would be much quicker than a typical preorder and everyone that orders one gets one. Extras then can be sold Black Friday style when stock arrives. Everyone wins.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...