* * * - - 26 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Cosmic Star Heroine [PS4/Vita], Antiquia Lost [PS4/Vita], Saturday Morning RPG [Switch] Pre-order on May 25th

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#18181 srocky26  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:37 PM

I'm sure that you're not wrong there, as that makes a lot of sense. I'm a consumer, though. It's honestly a bit tiresome to always see people parading out a cavalcade of excuses for why x, y, and z thing that LRG does is anti-consumer, inconvenient, overly expensive etc. I don't know if you guys have all secretly invested in their company or what, but I'm a consumer first and foremost.

It's a bit tiresome to keep listening to all the bitching about x, y, and z. Some people just want to think about themselves and not bother with putting yourself in someone else's shoes. If you're going to bitch about it and call it conversation, then someone is welcome to take up the other side and defend them and call it a conversation.

Don't like what they're doing? Stop following them and buying their games. Games aren't essential to your livelihood. If anyone is seriously getting worked up about buying video games, it might be time to reevluate things.

Currently playing:   :vita: DanganRonpa, :ps4: Uncharted Collection, :xb1: The Division

Recently platinumed: :ps4: Witcher 3 :vita: Tales of Hearts R :ps3: Tales of Xilla, Tales of Xillia 2,  :vita: Persona 4 Golden,  :vita: Steins;Gate, :vita: Odin Sphere

#18182 ihadmail   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   974 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:43 PM

I am incredibly underwhelmed with the Night Trap announcement. Now I wish I hadn't gotten the extra copy of Nintendo Force just for the 2nd card  :oldman:

#18183 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6133 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:48 PM

I am incredibly underwhelmed with the Night Trap announcement. Now I wish I hadn't gotten the extra copy of Nintendo Force just for the 2nd card  :oldman:

I'm sure it will be good sell/trade bait, so you can always recoup your extra issue funds. If you no longer want the 2 copies, just go into Patreon and switch to a single copy, and when the next issue is offered, you'll only get charged for the one issue. I get the two issue deal, as one's for me and one's for my son, but for most, it's probably not needed for extras, as more often than not, it probably won't be worth it.

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#18184 adam81  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:01 PM

I like LRG a lot, but I thought at one point they said they were going to start trying to slow down and spread out releases because they knew people's wallets were hurting, now we're getting multiple games and CE releases that are months out like every week

As I've said before I'm selective with what I buy from them so a crap ton of releases doesn't bother me. Looking at the situation objectively, they aren't slowing down. LRG is making a lot of money from low budget Indie games. Why would they stop signing them??? They should be past their  so called over signing of games at this point. They will never slow to a couple releases a month.

#18185 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5741 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:23 PM

As I've said before I'm selective with what I buy from them so a crap ton of releases doesn't bother me. Looking at the situation objectively, they aren't slowing down. LRG is making a lot of money from low budget Indie games. Why would they stop signing them??? They should be past their  so called over signing of games at this point. They will never slow to a couple releases a month.

If they do, will you put a shirt on?

#18186 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2113 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:19 PM

Pretty much the same.  I only buy stuff I'm really hyped for so they could release a few dozen games a month and as long it's mostly crap I don't care about... we're good.  That said, I feel a little bad for those that choose to be collectors.

As for them slowing down, I think once the secondary market finishes it's collapse on the lower quality and less desirable games, they may end up having a few releases be total flops.  They've staved this off at the moment by going to even lower production numbers... but there's only so low they can go.   IF that happens (they have a few flops that don't even come close to selling out), then it's very possible they'll be forced to re-evaluate what they are releasing.

Night Trap Switch Bitches, It's a celebration! LOL

Caught this news over on reddit.  I have my ps4 copy so I'm probably out on this release unless I go sell my ps4 copy and just opt to convert to switch (which isn't out of the question).  Hopefully Golf Story is coming soon.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#18187 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10783 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

Underwhelmed by the Night Trap announcement since it previously got released for PS4. Was lookig for something more exclusive

Unless the next announcement is something I want, I wouldve skipped all of April

#18188 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8497 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:25 PM

I may be in the minority but I've been underwhelmed by about 90% of their announcements lately. Course my favorite niche is VN, which LRG hasn't confirmed too many, and always seem to be few and far between.

#18189 GameOverGreggy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

GameOverGreggy

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

Lol, the big Nintendo Force announcement was a port of a previous release.

#18190 podunk320   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

podunk320

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

Lol, the big Nintendo Force announcement was a port of a previous release.

yeah thats usually the case. I was hoping for a I Am Setsuna port or something of that kind but i guess more ports are on their way to the Switch

#18191 Jurai  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:23 PM

#18192 Modus Pwnens   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Modus Pwnens

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:32 PM

I like the current setup for Switch games -- collectors get their morning fight over the CE, everyone else gets two weeks to preorder. I have no problem paying up front since LRG has a proven track record of delivering the games (eventually). Once I've decided to spend the money, it's already spent. I'm not going to make some crazy investment gains on that 30 bucks lol.

I do hope they will stick to the promised 1-2 games per month. I'll probably get the full set that way. If they do more than that, I'll get picky and will end up skipping on ones I otherwise might have bought. Switch games seem to have a minimum print run of 5000 or so -- hopefully that will keep out the chaff. I appreciate that LRG looks out for small developers, but I am not a small developer.

yeah thats usually the case. I was hoping for a I Am Setsuna port or something of that kind but i guess more ports are on their way to the Switch

You were hoping for LRG to release a Square Enix game that already exists in a physical copy on the Switch?

#18193 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4499 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:33 PM

https://www.play-asi...tsuna/13/70av9h

That has English language options, and the Switch is region free. The Switch version is 30 FPS, so it's an inferior version, but an option for a physical copy in your language does exist, if you want one.

My YouTube Channel (Not in active use)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Complete Game Collectionhttps://drive.google...cpj5oe8EOPSQ1JQ

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#18194 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10783 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:41 PM

I hope they announce game I want so I could pair it up with that

#18195 Jurai  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:44 PM

https://www.play-asi...tsuna/13/70av9h

That has English language options, and the Switch is region free. The Switch version is 30 FPS, so it's an inferior version, but an option for a physical copy in your language does exist, if you want one.

One of the asian releases even has an actual english cover/label as I recall

#18196 Tothoro  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:46 PM

Excited for this one. Been on my radar for a while. Gonna be traveling at that time, though, so hopefully I can snag one in the evening batch.

xTOTHORO.png

COLStraightEdge.png

#18197 Jurai  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:47 PM

#18198 ihadmail   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   974 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:47 PM

I am very ready for this.

#18199 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:50 PM

It's crazy how quickly LRG went from modest means company to shelling out for custom steelbooks. Business has been good for them, kudos guys!

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#18200 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10783 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:01 PM

Just did the math and I've spent about $1400 on LRG releases since January 2016, still don't have enough tickets for a free game -_-

It would've been nice to give us tickets for the purchases we made prior to the introduction of the Rewards System but oh well. I barely reached the 40 ticket threshold a few weeks ago

#18201 Jurai  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:29 PM

It would've been nice to give us tickets for the purchases we made prior to the introduction of the Rewards System but oh well. I barely reached the 40 ticket threshold a few weeks ago

yeah, retroactively providing tickets in some fashion would have been nice, they still could have locked them to your account (assuming they really are enforcing that)

#18202 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:23 PM

Google search:

https://www.deepdisc...McaAg0AEALw_wcB

https://www.walmart....5&wl13=&veh=sem

Awesome thanks for this. Had no idea that even existed.

#18203 GameOverGreggy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

GameOverGreggy

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:31 PM

I am very ready for this.

As bad I think it is to see the Switch games be mostly ports so far, I can't even be mad. I respect the hustle.  Taking your $7 iOS game and selling thousands of copies for $25 on 2 separate consoles then selling it 6 years after release for $50/$60/$70/$100? in an expensive CE.

#18204 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6133 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:18 AM

As bad I think it is to see the Switch games be mostly ports so far, I can't even be mad. I respect the hustle.  Taking your $7 iOS game and selling thousands of copies for $25 on 2 separate consoles then selling it 6 years after release for $50/$60/$70/$100? in an expensive CE.

The best "hustle" I've seen so far is probably from Brian, RCR's creator, as he's offered that game more times than I can count(even offered a DOS version, and a PSP case, sleeve and manual). The PS4 even had 2 separate runs, now that's hustling at it's finest, no doubt. LOL

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#18205 Dashey10  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:48 AM

RCR ps4 has three runs technically.

1st run through fangamer

2nd run with gold font

3rd run with normal font.

Get $15 credits from Tokyo Otaku Mode with you sign up with my referral link here

#18206 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10783 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:53 AM

Still happy RCR Vita didnt get a reprint yet.

#18207 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:45 AM

Spent my day in a haze and actually had to come back here to see wtf the name of the game I bought was. It looks good to me really, artsy stuff is my jam. I absolutely loved proteus and if I could personally fund a tiny physical run of it with my own money dollars I wouldn't think twice about it.

Also my super hydorah shipped so hell yeah. One less email in my inbox.

Edit: if yall are into soundtracks I can definitely recommend the upcoming toejam and Earl soundtrack. It's absolutely killer and they couldn't have done a nicer job with it. D side etched, 2 different colors, beautiful gatefold, included a Cd version and a mini art book with mine. That may have been a limited promo, but either way the music is awesome.

https://www.thefunko...rl-vinyl-bundle

A bit expensive but fwiw I'm cheap af and don't usually spend over $20 on vinyl and done feel ripped off.

#18208 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6133 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:32 AM

RCR ps4 has three runs technically.

1st run through fangamer

2nd run with gold font

3rd run with normal font.

Holy Shit, even more proof of said hustle. LOL

I actually had no idea there where three different PS4 offerings. If not for his new game "coming soon", we may have already seen a fourth offering.

#18209 monkeytripp  

monkeytripp

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:02 AM

Spent my day in a haze and actually had to come back here to see wtf the name of the game I bought was. It looks good to me really, artsy stuff is my jam. I absolutely loved proteus and if I could personally fund a tiny physical run of it with my own money dollars I wouldn't think twice about it.

Also my super hydorah shipped so hell yeah. One less email in my inbox.

Edit: if yall are into soundtracks I can definitely recommend the upcoming toejam and Earl soundtrack. It's absolutely killer and they couldn't have done a nicer job with it. D side etched, 2 different colors, beautiful gatefold, included a Cd version and a mini art book with mine. That may have been a limited promo, but either way the music is awesome.

https://www.thefunko...rl-vinyl-bundle

A bit expensive but fwiw I'm cheap af and don't usually spend over $20 on vinyl and done feel ripped off.

Did you get super hydorah by itself? im waiting for my shipment notice still, but i bought lethal league and fallen legion with it also. So far i have 6 unfulfilled orders from limited run lol. 

#18210 monkeytripp  

monkeytripp

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:05 AM

Has anyone get a shipment notice for the Oddworld: Munchs Oddysee PAX variant and Skullgirls 2nd Encore yet? I thought they were shipping those immediately?