* * * * - 18 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Dariusburst CS [PS4], Dariusburst CS LE [PS4], and Nova-111 [PS4/Vita] available on April 28th!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#7741 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21590 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:14 PM

Can't wait to see what Night Trap looks like on a 4K TV. 

Currently playing: 

I wish I has playing Horizon... or Zelda... or Nier Automata...:-( 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#7742 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2164 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted Yesterday, 09:25 PM

Also, it's worth noting that essentially no one does exclusive releases on LRG. Some of their physical releases are exclusive by default, but all of these games are available digitally, usually from numerous different sources. (and on multiple platforms) So there will be a PSN, XBox Live, Steam version of Night Trap that you can get if you miss out on the LRG release.

#7743 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5644 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:31 PM

Is it true the first 1000 copies of Night Trap comes with a pair of panties?

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#7744 notaxation   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   849 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:37 PM

The 3rd Night Trap cover is exclusive to the rewards program:

#7745 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:43 PM

Lol. Night Trap. I remember playing through that in middle school expecting something super awesome to happen- I can never have that time back.

#7746 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   5072 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:50 PM

Night Trap wasn't a good video game 25 years ago in 1992. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#7747 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1967 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:19 PM

Night Trap wasn't a good video game 25 years ago in 1992.

Well it is now. Because...nostalgia.

joshTX.png

#7748 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:39 PM

It was a joke. Most of the saga cd titles were. Make my video? Lol.

"Hit the tubes dogmeat!"

#7749 Jurai   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:51 PM

"Hit the tubes dogmeat!"

watched a playthrough of Sewer Shark a few months ago, there's no way I'm ever gonna actually manage to play through that entire thing

#7750 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:55 PM

Try silpheed. I remember thinking it was so cool when the pilots said things like:

"I cain't shake em damnit!"
"I'm hit, hit bad damnit!"
"God damn sightseers time to go back to hell!"
"Good tally ho look at the size of that thing!@

I used to play just to hear it.

#7751 justadude  

justadude

Posted Yesterday, 10:58 PM

Are these games really good or just really limited so that's why people want them?

#7752 elessar123  

Posted Yesterday, 11:00 PM

Is it true the first 1000 copies of Night Trap comes with a pair of panties?

Josh's buttfloss?

Spoiler

#7753 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:08 PM

Are these games really good or just really limited so that's why people want them?

Step 1: Look at the released line up
Step 2: Look up the released line up
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit

#7754 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2164 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted Yesterday, 11:44 PM

It's a case-by-case basis sort of thing. Some of the LRG releases are legit good games. Some are a bit more so-so. The recently announced Night Trap is notorious for being hot garbage. It's going to be a popular release, but more for its notoriety than the quality of the actual title.

One of the recent releases, Flinthook, was a bit of a question mark, as the game itself hadn't been released in full at that point. But it has since come out on digital platforms, and has been garnering quite a few positive reviews. I was very glad that I ordered a copy of that one, as it was a little bit of a risk. Most of the other LRG releases are of games that have already been out for quite some time on digital platforms, so you should be able to get an idea as to how good they are ahead of time. Look up their review scores on Steam if you want an idea.

#7755 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3736 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted Yesterday, 11:52 PM

"Hit the tubes dogmeat!"

The Sega CD did have a handful of really good games as well. Earthworm Jim had a special ed, and both Lunar 1 & 2, and Snatcher of course is not only a great Sega CD game, but one of my top 10 all time favs. But yeah, there was a good amount of crap. LOL

#7756 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:07 AM

Sega cd and jaguar are the only two systems I regret buying. Got the 3D0 when they gave out tons of free games with it but it was regrettable as well.

I played sonic cd and jrpgs to death on sega cd though. I liked wonderdog too. Had snatcher on PCE.

#7757 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted Today, 12:15 AM

The Sega CD did have a handful of really good games as well. Earthworm Jim had a special ed, and both Lunar 1 & 2, and Snatcher of course is not only a great Sega CD game, but one of my top 10 all time favs. But yeah, there was a good amount of crap. LOL

When you can list basically ever good game a platform had in less than 50 words you know it was a bad deal.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#7758 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9422 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:20 AM

Kind of pissed off about this. It means Sony is sometimes getting non-sample copies. We haven't sold or given copies to anyone outside of NC - so no idea how this dude in CA has a copy.

FYI, Sony has some corporate offices in San Diego. I don't know what they do there but you can always start there. As far as legalities, I'm ignorant on how it works or if you have a lawyer that can write a cease and desist order.