* * * - - 26 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Escape Goat 2 [PS4], Toto Temple Deluxe [PS4], and PixelJunk Monsters 2 [PS4/PC] on May 18th

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#18721 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2520 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:01 PM

Yep, managed to snag the copies I wanted. No problems.

#18722 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10750 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:02 PM

yall better not complain of getting too many Vita releases now. :P

#18723 Milera  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:46 AM

Let's see what they list on CE page:

• Cosmic Star Heroine physical game for the PlayStation Vita
  • Reversible cover
  • 76 page full-color manual
  • Working Designs influenced long-box jewel case featuring a manual and tray card with gloss and foil embellishments
  • 4 art lithographs
  • Reversible 18 x 24 inch poster
  • CD soundtrack

Reversible cover, Physical game(obviously) and full-color manual are part of the standard edition. So what's really exclusive in this CE?

• Working Designs influenced long-box jewel case featuring a manual and tray card with gloss and foil embellishments
  • 4 art lithographs
  • Reversible 18 x 24 inch poster
  • CD soundtrack

These stuff are paper junk for me and I have 0 interest in the jewel case. The only decent content it includes is a soundtrack but their CE's are so good that people considers CSH CE to be their best. LRG is going full EA

Get Custom MousePad Under $1 - CAG

#18724 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6163 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

So many unnecessary CEs for games that don't deserve them.  I think that people are caught up in the hype of sold-out collector's editions.

a lot of their CE are garbage. like $30-40 more for some papers, soundtrack, mini book, steelbook. not worth it. i'm only interested in the steelbook.

#18725 Edzo04   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   407 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:06 PM

I don't buy much from them but that Working Designs inspired longbox jewel case is right up my alley. Love stuff like that

#18726 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8486 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:38 PM

I played Antiquia Lost for about an hour on my Android phone. It's honestly worth about $2 on a good sale at most. It's super average and while I do like slime girls, cause I like monster girls, it's pretty average overall. I honestly wouldn't recommend it unless you really want a full Vita collection. It is cute, mind you, but very simple and cheap feeling.

#18727 Tothoro  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

a lot of their CE are garbage. like $30-40 more for some papers, soundtrack, mini book, steelbook. not worth it. i'm only interested in the steelbook.

While I do agree about only wanting the steelbook, I don't think this is exclusive to LRG. I've been seeing a lot of what I'd consider low-effort CEs lately. I'd personally prefer to just pay MSRP + $10 for a steelbook edition.

xTOTHORO.png

COLStraightEdge.png

#18728 Jurai  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:41 PM

While I do agree about only wanting the steelbook, I don't think this is exclusive to LRG. I've been seeing a lot of what I'd consider low-effort CEs lately. I'd personally prefer to just pay MSRP + $10 for a steelbook edition.

yeah, I would gladly pay +$10 just to get the retail version in a steelbook without any extra stuff that's just gonna eat up space

#18729 Modus Pwnens   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Modus Pwnens

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:45 PM

That's my kokoro wish

#18730 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3263 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:26 PM

I prefer a small art book but it needs to have developer/artist commentary. These games likely won’t ever get standalone art books so a CE one is as good as it gets. Hardcover preferred, of course.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#18731 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4029 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:35 PM

Lately? Most CEs have always been low effort. At least for the last 5-7 years if not longer. They are money grabs, it's what they are. I had to severely cut down on my CE buying for a variety of reasons. Main being space. I actually started selling many of them off, I just don't have the space anymore.

I now only buy CEs if:

-It's an IP I absolutely adore, I'll probably buy no matter what unless the contents are completely insulting to the buyer

-Steelbook

-High quality statue/figurine

-Hard cover artbook

Basically has cut out all XSEED and NIS CEs henceforth just for starters. And I only don't fear like I'm missing out. It actually feels nice to have this burden off my shoulders and selling a lot of this crap off. I mean going back and looking at the contents, I can't believe I bought so much of this useless money grab crap over the years.

#18732 Tothoro  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:54 PM

Lately? Most CEs have always been low effort. At least for the last 5-7 years if not longer. They are money grabs, it's what they are. I had to severely cut down on my CE buying for a variety of reasons. Main being space. I actually started selling many of them off, I just don't have the space anymore.

I now only buy CEs if:

-It's an IP I absolutely adore, I'll probably buy no matter what unless the contents are completely insulting to the buyer

-Steelbook

-High quality statue/figurine

-Hard cover artbook

Basically has cut out all XSEED and NIS CEs henceforth just for starters. And I only don't fear like I'm missing out. It actually feels nice to have this burden off my shoulders and selling a lot of this crap off. I mean going back and looking at the contents, I can't believe I bought so much of this useless money grab crap over the years.

Minus the artbook that's my strategy now as well. I just don't have room for all of the shovelware extras that are being released. I have a bunch of crap I've been meaning to sell off, but between the lowballs and collectors being hypersensitive about condition it's an exhausting effort.

xTOTHORO.png

COLStraightEdge.png

#18733 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2276 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted Yesterday, 01:02 AM

I love Working Designs. I have all their Saturn and Turbografx/CD games but I'm not spending an extra $35 for a CE just because they throw the name Working Designs in the description. The standard editions is pretty nice with the full color manual and reversible cover but since it's $15 extra instead of the usual $10 extra it would have been nice if they included the poster (or anything really) to compensate.

Smile Support Society. We play horror/retro games -  Games I'm Selling/Trading