* * * - - 27 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Furi [Switch], Salt & Sanctuary [PS4/Vita] on September 14!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#20371 Zenaphobe Zerj   Deep Sea Lurker CAGiversary!   559 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Zenaphobe Zerj

Posted Today, 12:27 AM

That's true, just didn't think it would make sense having the package literally at my local post office that is a few blocks away only to send it back out to Maryland again and then back to NC which has been devastated by a hurricane.

I don't think Greensboro got hit that bad, but I understand what you mean. Shipping in NC is kinda fucky, as I ordered rainguards on Friday, and it was projected to arrive on the 24th. Got here today. 

#20372 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2260 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:49 PM

I might be in the extreme minority, but I find that the Lawbreakers situation has made me appreciate my copy more. Everyone knew when buying a physical copy of an online multiplayer game that there was a natural endpoint for the usefulness of that disc. Yes, it came far, far earlier than it should have, but it was still inevitable. I find that it's a cool relic of a dead experiment. Maybe that's just the historian in me talking though. Haha

I appreciate the perspective.   It's kind of like all these online only games that come and go are like buying into an event (movie, concert, sports game, ...etc) and the physical release ends up the equivalent of a ticket stub.   I can understand that.  My oldest son looks similarly at his PS3 copy of Destiny... though with that he had a lot of fun playing it with his local friends.

#20373 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3495 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:28 PM

I might be in the extreme minority, but I find that the Lawbreakers situation has made me appreciate my copy more. Everyone knew when buying a physical copy of an online multiplayer game that there was a natural endpoint for the usefulness of that disc. Yes, it came far, far earlier than it should have, but it was still inevitable. I find that it's a cool relic of a dead experiment. Maybe that's just the historian in me talking though. Haha

I admire your glass-half-full disposition. I suppose the collector's editions content is still cool. A useless disc doesn't do much for me, though... even as a collector.

I often wonder why online-only games don't come with a LAN option. I feel like that should be an absolute necessity with any game that's reliant on online servers. It seems like such an easy thing to implement and would keep these games, which have so many thousands of hours of work and creativity put into them, alive. Yea, it takes effort to set up, but at least you still have the ability to do so if you want to.