* * * - - 43 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#31201 Tothoro  

Posted 18 September 2021 - 02:39 PM

No way! Shipping confirmation for Super Meat Boy Vita only 49 days after ordering!

I'm trying really hard to think of any other company that takes ~50 days to ship an in stock item, any ideas?

This is like an old school informercial... expect your item 6 to 8 weeks after we receive your check in the mail.

Guess those shipping containers really had a hard time getting from their warehouse to their shipping department. /s

#31202 Sporkis   Barley Legal CAGiversary!   1970 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2021 - 03:29 PM

What a blow for those that paid the bucks for those scott pilgrim k.o. editions. 

Yeah, that will make it what a year's wait time for that?  Trying to dethrone Skullgirls for the title I guess?

No way! Shipping confirmation for Super Meat Boy Vita only 49 days after ordering!

I'm trying really hard to think of any other company that takes ~50 days to ship an in stock item, any ideas?

This is like an old school informercial... expect your item 6 to 8 weeks after we receive your check in the mail.

Guess those shipping containers really had a hard time getting from their warehouse to their shipping department. /s

They needed the space in their sock draw back

#31203 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   4002 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2021 - 06:04 PM

You know the thing I always find funny about seeing things like this with shipping is just yesterday I saw two people on Twitter call them out for taking forever to ship out Super Meat Boy for vita.
The literal next day I get a shipping confirmation. I don’t know if this is a coincidence or not but it seems like one.

#31204 FredGordonHerbert  

FredGordonHerbert

Posted 18 September 2021 - 06:13 PM

LRG makes me nostalgic for the good old days of ordering Sega Saturn games online. You would get your game in a month or two after ordering... IF you were lucky. And if it came damaged, they sent the wrong game, or it never arrived? Good luck actually getting a refund by that point. So LRG gives you the full old school experience with physical games and the old fashioned web 1.0 shady/nonexistent customer service and long wait times to match. They really nailed it!

#31205 ZForce  

Posted 18 September 2021 - 06:58 PM

What was that site everyone hated?  Buyrite games?  "If you're not buying from Buyrite, you're not buying right!"  

#31206 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 18 September 2021 - 07:39 PM

Buyrite was legendary.

#31207 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10027 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2021 - 09:11 PM

The only thing that amazes and perplexes me out of any of this, is that there is still somehow 3,000 to 10,000 people that continue to buy every single game that they release.  It's astonishing.  How are there that many people buying this stuff?  How can there be that many people willing to put up with this obscene amount of 'bad business' tactics just because they think their full PS4 or Switch collections of shovelware games are going to be worth money down the line? Or because they have collector's OCD. It just seems like there are lots of people that have never been long-haul collectors or investors previously with comic books, baseball cards, or Magic and Pokemon cards.

Those days (of video games accruing value) are long over, folks. I would have thought these newspaper / blog stories about some old dude selling his entire vg collection for pennies on the dollar would have been an eye opener for people but apparently not. People read some snippet about a person selling some PSA graded NES game for 100k and they lose their minds. 

The only people driving the prices up (on Ebay) ARE these very same people buying everything from LRG right now; the ones buying the occasional title that they missed.  No one else is spending that kinda money on these titles.  No one is going to care about owning all these titles physically in five years.   The demand is entirely vapid.  Gone are the days of old PS1 and Sega Saturn games being worth lots of money only because they cannot be acquired or played any other way.   Well, these ecosystems are full digital now, and > 50% of new game sales are digital now too.  The vast majority of this stuff is going to be available to purchase digitally for pennies on the dollar for decades to come.

People look at recent sales on Ebay and think every game they buy is going to be worth that kind of money in the future.  But these are baseball cards.  It's the age old rule.  People simply don't understand that collectables are only worth what you can sell them for.   Are you able sell them?  No?  Well then it isn't worth squat.  This is 'pump & dump' investment at it's finest.  It's all artificial demand.  90%+ of these games are going to have beanie baby valuation 5-10 years from now.   No one is going to care.  People are spending 10s of thousands of dollars on investments that are certain to crash.  I thought folks would have figured it out as these titles keep on getting reprinted every time a new (Switch or PS5) system comes out. 

LRG has figured out how to sell boxes that would otherwise never sell at regular retail.

#31208 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2021 - 09:55 PM

You really don't think there's upwards of 10,000 rich idiots in the world? Oh, dude...

#31209 FredGordonHerbert  

FredGordonHerbert

Posted 18 September 2021 - 10:09 PM

The problem is that you have to spend your cash on something, right? Many of us got into game collecting in the first place because we were rejected by society. Other people treated us like shit and ostracized so we got into collecting material items instead. Most of us that are collectors are either physically repulsive or really do have disorders or disabilities that makes other people bully us or reject us completely. Normies spend their money on vacations, new cars or whatever but if you have no social life none of that matters. So us, the social outcasts instead spend it on something we can enjoy and we share it with other social outcasts online. I've learned long ago that humans will let you down, abandon you, and abuse you but my game collection has always been there for me and is still there. I will never get rid of it and it is really the most important thing to me like it is for other collectors. They're just not willing to admit the harsh truth like I am. That's why you never hear about normies collecting LRG games. They only collect in a superficial way when it's popular and then move on to the next trend. Real collectors don't care if their Pokemon cards or games will be worthless one day, the items themselves are the value for them.

#31210 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10027 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2021 - 10:30 PM

You really don't think there's upwards of 10,000 rich idiots in the world? Oh, dude...

There are plenty of rich derps.  But most of them aren't buying video games as an investment.

#31211 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15178 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2021 - 02:43 PM

So the Star Wars collections of Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy & Racer/Republic Commando are no longer LRG exclusive. THQNordic/Embracer Group, who owns Aspyr, is putting those two packs out on PS4, possibly as GameStop exclusives.

Seems to be a SoR 4 situation all over again.

https://www.gamestop...4/11158712.html
https://www.gamestop...4/11158713.html

#31212 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:17 PM

So the Star Wars collections of Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy & Racer/Republic Commando are no longer LRG exclusive. THQNordic/Embracer Group, who owns Aspyr, is putting those two packs out on PS4, possibly as GameStop exclusives.

Seems to be a SoR 4 situation all over again.

https://www.gamestop...4/11158712.html
https://www.gamestop...4/11158713.html

Noticed those games being put up this morning and was surprised. Glad I didn't get any of the LRG versions. Much better price by getting them from Gamestop. $60 for all 4 is a decent price. I already got burnt by paying double for Hotline Miami 1 and 2 from SRG via LRG, rather than waiting and getting the subsequent retail release of both games in one case for $30.

#31213 FredGordonHerbert  

FredGordonHerbert

Posted 19 September 2021 - 09:13 PM

The fact that we're getting compilations released before we even receive our versions from LRG that we ordered months ago makes me worried about ordering games from them. For example, look at Turok 1 and 2 for the PS4 right now. Who is to say that we won't get a retail release of both games on one disc for $29.99 in a few months or even a PS5 release?

#31214 deserter280  

deserter280

Posted 19 September 2021 - 09:55 PM

The problem is that you have to spend your cash on something, right? Many of us got into game collecting in the first place because we were rejected by society. Other people treated us like shit and ostracized so we got into collecting material items instead. Most of us that are collectors are either physically repulsive or really do have disorders or disabilities that makes other people bully us or reject us completely. Normies spend their money on vacations, new cars or whatever but if you have no social life none of that matters. So us, the social outcasts instead spend it on something we can enjoy and we share it with other social outcasts online. I've learned long ago that humans will let you down, abandon you, and abuse you but my game collection has always been there for me and is still there. I will never get rid of it and it is really the most important thing to me like it is for other collectors. They're just not willing to admit the harsh truth like I am. That's why you never hear about normies collecting LRG games. They only collect in a superficial way when it's popular and then move on to the next trend. Real collectors don't care if their Pokemon cards or games will be worthless one day, the items themselves are the value for them.

LOL

A+

#31215 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:07 AM

LOL

A+

Why did you laugh at what you said on your ALT account?

#31216 Cagg  

Posted 20 September 2021 - 04:54 AM

Most of us that are collectors are either physically repulsive or really do have disorders or disabilities that makes other people bully us or reject us completely.

Most of us that are collectors are normal people who can engage in the collecting hobby in a healthy way.

I can type "facts" too.

#31217 Cagg  

Posted 20 September 2021 - 04:57 AM

The problem is that you have to spend your cash on something, right?

Could one not save one's cash?

#31218 TheKbob   FakeyBro™, Esq. CAGiversary!   1866 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2021 - 01:17 PM

I always enjoy seeing the photos of people trying to sell of LRG and similar limited print company game piles on Facebook groups.  The obvious select few (aka Shantae) will likely sell, but it always seems like the standard smattering of overpriced, giganto boxed limited editions and a bunch of C-tier indie games, all still in shrink wrap, don't move.

I would like to have a physical copy of Steamworld Heist on my shelf as a part of my collection.  Not spending $100 for it!

I have seen people try for months to move collections of these titles and they just don't.  And they are priced at "market rates" on eBay, too, not pie in the sky prices.

If you're buying these releases thinking they're going to be trade bait or valuable in the future, you've been sold the wrong story.  If you're buying them because you enjoy the products or franchises, then you're likely buying them for the right reason.

My Mayo Games (PS4) and The House of Fata Morgana (Switch) came in over the weekend.  Box wasn't crushed and even had some brown paper to keep them from rattling about.  Now it's just waiting on Bug Fables, for me.

#31219 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2969 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 20 September 2021 - 05:21 PM

If you're buying these releases thinking they're going to be trade bait or valuable in the future, you've been sold the wrong story.  If you're buying them because you enjoy the products or franchises, then you're likely buying them for the right reason.

I very much agree. Games are not, and never have been, a good market for speculation. Only the flippers turn a profit, and I've voiced my disdain for flipping often enough.

Part of the reason why the speculation market for LRG titles has plateaued is that they simply have persisted in existing. The longer that LRG continues to operate, the more they simply become part of the norm, instead of a novelty. Small print-run titles seem desirable when there aren't very many of them and no one knows if the company producing them will still be around a year later. At this point, LRG has been around for a while, has produced tons of physical runs, and their business model is stable and reliable enough that they will likely be around for quite some time. They even have several competitors who have entered the same space, and are also persisting. This niche is proven viable, and likely always will be. There is nothing novel about it anymore, it is simply part of the market. It's at least partially thanks to this mundanity that the previously frothing demand in the second-hand market has dried up.

And honestly, I don't think anyone will really miss it. Screw flippers.

#31220 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1807 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2021 - 07:22 PM

preorders are up at best buy for

No More Heroes Nintendo Switch - Best Buy

No More Heroes 2 Nintendo Switch - Best Buy

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 Nintendo Switch - Best Buy

Double Dragon IV Nintendo Switch - Best Buy

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 PlayStation 4 - Best Buy

#31221 Sonicyogurt   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   301 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Sonicyogurt

Posted 20 September 2021 - 08:00 PM

Production Status changed to On Deck:
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 204 (85.7%)
  • On Deck: 34 (14.3%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 102 (42.9%)
  • October 2021: 24 (10.1%)
  • September 2021: 20 (8.4%)
  • Q4 2021: 17 (7.1%)
  • November 2021: 12 (5.0%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (4.6%)
  • August 2021: 7 (2.9%)
  • Q1 2022: 7 (2.9%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.8%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q4 2020: 1 (0.4%)

#31222 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3216 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2021 - 10:21 PM

That's a big order for me to be placing at BB today, but better there than LRG.com

#31223 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2021 - 10:50 PM

Nice! Thank you Best Buy (and redrum for posting)!

Looks like the Classic Edition of the NGPC Collection is still in production. I guess it's back to playing them on my NGPC for now.

#31224 ZForce  

Posted 21 September 2021 - 12:04 AM

Got an order on Bloodstained on Switch.  Still waiting for them to put up orders for Scott Pilgrim.  

#31225 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 21 September 2021 - 02:49 AM

Nice preordered a copy of Bloodstained, temped on No More Heroes but will pick up a play asia copy as it has both 1 and 2 in one cart 

#31226 byebye.man  

byebye.man

Posted 21 September 2021 - 04:40 PM

Has anyone dealt with FIRST PRESS GAMES ? I have a order with them for 175 dollars since January….. I emailed them and got no response. Getting kinda paranoid about them since they are in Europe.

#31227 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1807 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2021 - 05:04 PM

#31228 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3519 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 21 September 2021 - 05:29 PM

Has anyone dealt with FIRST PRESS GAMES ? I have a order with them for 175 dollars since January….. I emailed them and got no response. Getting kinda paranoid about them since they are in Europe.

For NMH 1 and 2 Asia import, is it confirmed that both games are on the cart?

#31229 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 21 September 2021 - 05:40 PM

For NMH 1 and 2 Asia import, is it confirmed that both games are on the cart?

I mean nothing is absolutely confirmed until someone has it in hand, but the Killion Dollar Trilogy had both games on one cart so I don’t see why they wouldn’t be for this release.  

#31230 Sonicyogurt   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   301 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Sonicyogurt

Posted 21 September 2021 - 08:00 PM

Estimated Ship Date changed to 2022:
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 204 (91.1%)
  • On Deck: 20 (8.9%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 102 (45.5%)
  • October 2021: 24 (10.7%)
  • September 2021: 19 (8.5%)
  • Q4 2021: 17 (7.6%)
  • November 2021: 12 (5.4%)