* * * - - 43 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#31951 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1806 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2022 - 05:52 PM

#31952 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1806 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2022 - 05:52 PM

#31953 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4341 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2022 - 08:31 PM

Back in the early days of LRG is was pretty quick because they had things packaged in the blind boxes ready to go and no massive backlog of shipping.  These days they don't even bother to do the pre-work in packing them in blind boxes so they have do that process and then fit them into the shipping cue.  If there are any high profile games in the cue, this will drop everything else down that is ready to ship.  So, expect at least a month delay before they enter the cue unless of course they didn't even have the blind boxes printed and on hand for the packaging... then likely at least two months of a delay minimum.

I think they intentionally stopped pre-packaging blind boxes to help avoid people getting duplicate titles. But the shipping times are still ridiculously slow even knowing they have to assemble blind boxes as they fulfill orders. They clearly need more workers in the warehouse.

#31954 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4119 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2022 - 09:58 PM

I think they intentionally stopped pre-packaging blind boxes to help avoid people getting duplicate titles. But the shipping times are still ridiculously slow even knowing they have to assemble blind boxes as they fulfill orders. They clearly need more workers in the warehouse.

All they'd need to do to prepack is just keep them separated in separate bins by what's inside.   They could number the bins and distribute randomly that way so no one got more than one item from the same bin.   In lieu of bins they could just reuse the boxes that ps4 games come from Japan in... and then just number the boxes by what's inside.

#31955 beenaround  

beenaround

Posted 25 January 2022 - 10:44 PM

I loathe LRG at this point but expecting their fulfillment to improve given the insane expense associated with workers, packaging, and the increased shipping costs coming isn't being realistic.

If anything expect them to get slower and raise prices.

#31956 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24681 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2022 - 02:34 AM

All they'd need to do to prepack is just keep them separated in separate bins by what's inside.   They could number the bins and distribute randomly that way so no one got more than one item from the same bin.   In lieu of bins they could just reuse the boxes that ps4 games come from Japan in... and then just number the boxes by what's inside.

I'm pretty sure that last year, their blind boxes all had a sticker based on what game it was... like all copies of Turok 2 NS were "AA19" or something. So that's how they avoided giving people duplicates.

So yeah, they could easily prepack their blind boxes for shipment but that would take away valuable time to not give a Fuck about customer service. 

#31957 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1806 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2022 - 04:00 PM

#31958 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3216 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2022 - 05:37 PM

I loathe LRG at this point but expecting their fulfillment to improve given the insane expense associated with workers, packaging, and the increased shipping costs coming isn't being realistic.

If anything expect them to get slower and raise prices.

And outside of LRG's realm is USPS being slower.

#31959 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4119 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2022 - 07:24 PM

And outside of LRG's realm is USPS being slower.

Plus they use DHL's cheapest shipping option... so absolutely no priority there either.

#31960 Sonicyogurt   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   301 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Sonicyogurt

Posted 27 January 2022 - 09:00 PM

Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • Q1 2022: 121 (49.4%)
  • Q2 2022: 80 (32.7%)
  • TBD: 30 (12.2%)
  • Q3 2022: 6 (2.4%)
  • January 2022: 3 (1.2%)
  • Late January 2022: 2 (0.8%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q3 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q4 2021: 1 (0.4%)
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 244 (89.1%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 28 (10.2%)
  • Pre-production: 2 (0.7%)
Titles by Shipping update from our distro partners:
  • “This release is currently being held up at the US port. We anticipate these items to be released from customs shortly, followed shortly by delivery to the LRG warehouse for final shipping.”: 1 (100.0%)
Titles by Shipping update from our distro partners for Mega Man:
  • The Wily Wars: 1 (100.0%)

#31961 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4119 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2022 - 10:22 PM

Oh, congrats to the dude that's been on hold for Shenmue soundtracks.

#31962 byebye.man  

byebye.man

Posted 29 January 2022 - 09:20 PM

Oh, congrats to the dude that's been on hold for Shenmue soundtracks.

Ha ha we are now reduced to congratulating people for getting their orders ! ;) I get more excited now when an item actually ships versus when they list an item for sale.

#31963 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2022 - 12:43 AM

I finally received my New Year's 2021 order over the weekend. I put in the replacement disc for Game Tengoku that I had added to my order that included the original game, and the Tatsujin character is still locked! Did no one test the master to make sure all the DLC was unlocked before it was printed? That means they reprinted all these discs just to unlock one more character. Oy!

#31964 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1717 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 01 February 2022 - 02:30 AM

I finally received my New Year's 2021 order over the weekend. I put in the replacement disc for Game Tengoku that I had added to my order that included the original game, and the Tatsujin character is still locked! Did no one test the master to make sure all the DLC was unlocked before it was printed? That means they reprinted all these discs just to unlock one more character. Oy!

Exclusive to Paradise Box.

#31965 Tothoro  

Posted 01 February 2022 - 04:06 AM

This is correct. Homura was the character that was supposed to be on the standard discs and wasn't, Tatsujin was intended to be on the CE disc only.

#31966 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2022 - 02:59 PM

Wait, what? There was a collectors edition that only had all the characters unlocked? I didn't know that. Also, what the Fuck is that?

SERIOUSLY LRG, WHAT'S THE POINT IN FOREVER PHYSICAL?!

I have two orders left. Just two. I can't wait to be done with this company.

Well, outside the inevitable physical release of the as of yet announced NGPC Vol. 2 because SNK can't choose another company to physically publish their games over here! 

#31967 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2022 - 03:16 PM

Also, this is fun: Limited Run Opening First Physical Store. I wonder how this is going to work. Do you walk in for a newly announced game, place your order, and then have to come back in eight months to pick it up? That's sarcasm, but really, what are they stocking shelves with? Merch?

#31968 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1717 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 01 February 2022 - 03:36 PM

Also, this is fun: Limited Run Opening First Physical Store. I wonder how this is going to work. Do you walk in for a newly announced game, place your order, and then have to come back in eight months to pick it up? That's sarcasm, but really, what are they stocking shelves with? Merch?

They always hold back 10% of what they sell for order issues, quality issues, and selling conventions. There haven't really been any big conventions the past 2 years so they have lots of overstock.

Plus the article says 75% games, 25% merch. So lots of dumb shirts and pogs.

#31969 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   4002 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2022 - 03:48 PM

Trading Cards, Merch and games

#31970 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4341 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2022 - 03:49 PM

Wait, what? There was a collectors edition that only had all the characters unlocked? I didn't know that. Also, what the Fuck is that?

Well, outside the inevitable physical release of the as of yet announced NGPC Vol. 2 because SNK can't choose another company to physically publish their games over here! 

Pix n Love also sold a version of NGPC Vol. 1, so there's a change they'll carry Vol. 2 as well. Depends how much you want to avoid LRG.

https://www.pixnlove...&submit_search=

#31971 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4119 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2022 - 03:59 PM

Once I was out it made it a lot easier to re-evaluate potential purchases and realize the vast majority of the time it's not worth buying from them.  It would take LRG getting something in a major franchise I follow (Xenoblade/saga, Zelda, Dragon Quest, Yakuza, Layton, Legend of Heroes... etc) or by a dev I'm a big fan of their work (Level-5, H.A.N.D., etc) to even have me considering a purchase and even then I'd likely wait and see if Play-Asia & Videogamesplus would get an asia (or japan) engish version.   I'm getting really good at talking myself out of everything LRG serves up.... especially since you never know if it's going to be complete.

#31972 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6547 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2022 - 04:17 PM

Pix n Love also sold a version of NGPC Vol. 1, so there's a change they'll carry Vol. 2 as well. Depends how much you want to avoid LRG.

https://www.pixnlove...&submit_search=

PlayAsia sells it too:

https://www.play-asi...glish/13/70eat5

#31973 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2022 - 05:55 PM

Yup I saw those, and considered them before LRG's version, but honestly the LRG collectors edition is just way better, and what I look for in the tier above standard editions (steelbook, artbook). Plus, they mimicked the NGPC US box for the outer box. If I wasn't a huge NGPC fan from day one, I probably would've gone with the Asia release. That's why it's going to annoy me whenever Vol. 2 comes around. But we've got a couple years probably, and my temper will have cooled enough to ok with one more order.

#31974 KazuoKiriyama   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

KazuoKiriyama

Posted 01 February 2022 - 07:11 PM

Does anyone happen to have a sealed copy of Obra Dinn for the Switch? (With the little card)

I've been really wanting to play that and add it to the collection, but Ebay prices are kind of a drag, especially with the added sales tax now.

#31975 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 01 February 2022 - 07:39 PM

Does anyone happen to have a sealed copy of Obra Dinn for the Switch? (With the little card)

I've been really wanting to play that and add it to the collection, but Ebay prices are kind of a drag, especially with the added sales tax now.

I have an extra one but no card.

#31976 KazuoKiriyama   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

KazuoKiriyama

Posted 02 February 2022 - 02:34 AM

I have an extra one but no card.

Sent ya a PM!

#31977 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   851 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2022 - 03:28 AM

You need it sealed even if your going to play it?  If that doesn’t work out I think I have an open copy.

#31978 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4119 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2022 - 02:55 PM

You need it sealed even if your going to play it?  If that doesn’t work out I think I have an open copy.

It's easier to flip it to ebay if it's sealed :-

#31979 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1806 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2022 - 06:27 PM

#31980 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2022 - 06:41 PM

Damn. $50 for the regular release.