* * * - - 43 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#32431 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10026 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2022 - 06:59 PM

Personal insults are not the same thing as criticism. Complaining about low quality games, delayed shipping, and bad communication is criticism. Personal attacks and insults are abuse. For example, a poster above took an opinion and resorted to immature personal insults and attacks.

This is an opinion that doesn't resort to personal attacks. I completely disagree with it, of course, but he is explaining his reasoning without acting like a child and calling names about it. Do you see the difference between this poster being reasonable and the other poster acting totally immature? This thread had a mix of both types of posters - those who gave real, legitimate complaints and those who just wanted to insult someone.

Can you please stop talking you're ruining my immersion of Vinny fapping to Chun-Li's 16-bit thighs.

#32432 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1807 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2022 - 08:04 PM

#32433 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1807 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2022 - 08:05 PM

#32434 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 26 April 2022 - 04:40 AM

Hey guys I recently bought a copy of JJ MacField for the ps4 on ebay. I gave it a once over before opening it and noticed a hole punched through the barcode on the jacket but not on the shrinkwrap. Did LRG do this or is the likely conclusion that the game was opened and re-shrinkwrapped by the seller?

#32435 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3093 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2022 - 05:24 AM

Hey guys I recently bought a copy of JJ MacField for the ps4 on ebay. I gave it a once over before opening it and noticed a hole punched through the barcode on the jacket but not on the shrinkwrap. Did LRG do this or is the likely conclusion that the game was opened and re-shrinkwrapped by the seller?

That means it was a promotional copy typically given/sold to Sony employees, and wasn't actually purchased from Limited Run. I used to get them like that from Sony's retail loyalty program when I worked at GS, and Josh has said they've had an issue with a higher-up Sony employee flipping them.

#32436 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1807 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2022 - 07:37 PM

#32437 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 26 April 2022 - 07:46 PM

More SNES junk instead of an actual console that's alive

#32438 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24688 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2022 - 08:17 PM

More SNES junk instead of an actual console that's alive

Blasphemy!! The SNES is everliving you deviant.

But Dragon View is not a game that holds up well... And it's from Kemco. So it checks both boxes for LRG.

#32439 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 26 April 2022 - 09:05 PM

Yeah, Dragon View was mediocre when it first came out, I can't imagine it's aged very well.

#32440 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2969 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 26 April 2022 - 09:36 PM

Yeah, that's gonna be a pass on Dragon View. If I'm going to get a repro cart, it needs to be a title that I'm actually interested in. If I passed on A Boy and His Blob (and I did) Dragon View doesn't stand a chance.

I am in for Sam and Max. Already got the first one on Switch, need to complete the collection. (also, just a massive fan of Steve Purcell and his work)

#32441 emokid9963   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

emokid9963

Posted 27 April 2022 - 11:17 PM

Really considering preordering Unpacking for Switch with the vinyl soundtrack. Not sure I want to wait months for the release though. I have other things to play, and this game has been on my radar for ages. Decisions decisions…

#32442 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11180 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2022 - 02:13 AM

If you want it physical you have to wait. I decided to get Gotta Protectors (the 3DS one was fun) and I wont buy it digitally to get it now. I also got Demon's Turf cause it was lauded as good, and I will wait too. Unpacking is on Gamepass and worth a try there. I thought the game (barely a game IMHO), was alright, but nothing I'd spend money on. It relaxes people so whatever. Just remember if you get the vinyl that likely adds a few more months. 

#32443 emokid9963   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

emokid9963

Posted 28 April 2022 - 12:27 PM

If you want it physical you have to wait. I decided to get Gotta Protectors (the 3DS one was fun) and I wont buy it digitally to get it now. I also got Demon's Turf cause it was lauded as good, and I will wait too. Unpacking is on Gamepass and worth a try there. I thought the game (barely a game IMHO), was alright, but nothing I'd spend money on. It relaxes people so whatever. Just remember if you get the vinyl that likely adds a few more months.

Yeah the vinyl is part of the reason I want it… still waiting on the Scott Pilgrim vinyl lol

#32444 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2022 - 02:38 PM

Yeah the vinyl is part of the reason I want it… still waiting on the Scott Pilgrim vinyl lol

Since the soundtrack is sold separately, you could just order the soundtrack... and then go ahead and buy the game digital for $20 (or wait for another $15.99 sale).   The Vinyl production is well behind game production.  It could easily be 2023 before that order would ship.  But by going digital you can play the game now (possibly a year earlier) and maybe still have interest in that soundtrack when it finally ships.  If you are only casually interested in the soundtrack, playing the game now would give you more feedback to if the soundtrack is even worth picking up.

Just food for thought.   It's a 101mb install... so not a huge download at all.

#32445 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24688 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2022 - 03:39 PM

Wow, got an email to update shipping address for Super Meat Boy Vita CE by tomorrow... So maybe we'll get those soon.

#32446 emokid9963   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

emokid9963

Posted 28 April 2022 - 03:49 PM

Since the soundtrack is sold separately, you could just order the soundtrack... and then go ahead and buy the game digital for $20 (or wait for another $15.99 sale). The Vinyl production is well behind game production. It could easily be 2023 before that order would ship. But by going digital you can play the game now (possibly a year earlier) and maybe still have interest in that soundtrack when it finally ships. If you are only casually interested in the soundtrack, playing the game now would give you more feedback to if the soundtrack is even worth picking up.

Just food for thought. It's a 101mb install... so not a huge download at all.

Smart idea. I feel I don’t need EVERYTHING physical. Might just grab the vinyl and enjoy a digital copy.

#32447 astrotide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2022 - 04:17 PM

Wow, got an email to update shipping address for Super Meat Boy Vita CE by tomorrow... So maybe we'll get those soon.

Got it too... and the item page even updated to At LRG Warehouse.

So we should definitely get a shipping confirmation within 3 to 4 months from now!!

#32448 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13630 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2022 - 05:47 PM

Wow the meat trays are finally in!!

#32449 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4341 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2022 - 03:12 AM

Now they just need to vacuum seal them

#32450 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10581 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2022 - 01:50 PM

If you mean 3 months from now as in soon, I’m with you.

#32451 cruzfactor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

cruzfactor

Posted 29 April 2022 - 04:49 PM

Will LRG ship to a PO Box address? I don't know what shipping method they use.

#32452 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4341 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2022 - 06:00 PM

No. But not because it's a PO Box, but instead because they stopped shipping everything to everyone period  :-

Real answer: no idea

#32453 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 29 April 2022 - 06:18 PM

I think so?  They use one of those methods that hands off to the local post office for final delivery.

#32454 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 29 April 2022 - 07:43 PM

The Contra Ultimate Edition looks nice but I don't think it's $200 nice. That $65 version might just have to do.

#32455 Tothoro  

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:44 PM

I really can't imagine the grand opening of their store going well with the most recent round of guidance: https://limitedrunga...dee-information

Having people shop online while in-line kinda defeats the purpose of having a physical store, no? Limiting people's time in the store, making some games "hot items", etc... Makes the store feel more like a display case than an actual store.

#32456 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 29 April 2022 - 10:19 PM

I really can't imagine the grand opening of their store going well with the most recent round of guidance: https://limitedrunga...dee-information

Having people shop online while in-line kinda defeats the purpose of having a physical store, no? Limiting people's time in the store, making some games "hot items", etc... Makes the store feel more like a display case than an actual store.

I still think it’s Josh’s ‘Man Cave’ more than anything.  

#32457 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1837 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 29 April 2022 - 10:33 PM

I'm gonna have to pass on that contra ultimate edition. I think the 34.99 is a sweet better price

#32458 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24688 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2022 - 12:26 AM

So.. this is just the live version of the trying to buy something from LRG back in the day, when you'd be waiting in queue when Shopify was overloaded? 

Ok. 

#32459 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

portnoyd

Posted 30 April 2022 - 01:21 AM

LRG store ran as well as LRG the business, confirmed.

#32460 Sporkis   Barley Legal CAGiversary!   1970 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2022 - 03:26 AM

Yes they do.  Most shipments I get come via DHL with a handoff to the post office near the end.