* * * - - 43 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#32521 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11180 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2022 - 10:26 PM

If it isn't MTG card or super sexy gravure model cards I'm not into it. Speaking of cards, remember when Steam cards were a big deal. Oh how the bundle fodder killed that value.

#32522 Lithium Flower   Just about to bloom CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Lithium Flower

Posted 12 May 2022 - 10:34 PM

If it isn't MTG card or super sexy gravure model cards I'm not into it. 

mvM4Cn4.png

#32523 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 12 May 2022 - 10:45 PM

They finally are releasing card packs

Did anyone want this?  They are really leaning into selling the crap you definitely don’t need.  

#32524 johnston306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

johnston306

Posted 13 May 2022 - 12:09 AM

Did anyone want this? They are really leaning into selling the crap you definitely don’t need.

Yes, because physical versions of digital video games are definitely things anybody needed I'm the first place.

#32525 TheKbob   FakeyBro™, Esq. CAGiversary!   1866 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 12:40 AM

I still believe that LRG is an over leveraged company that needs to have constant influx of cash (see cards, lol) to maintain being solvent due to the long delays and production woes.

Or perhaps on all that warehouse space they lease due to the "not so limited" nature of their runs.   Having enough back stock to open a permanent store (not a popup) after many "blowout" sales is pretty interesting.  More so when they sold pretty rare games there (the ones going for several hundred on the aftermarket).

I dunno, I'm cynical.  Will only buy their stuff at Best Buy or on the aftermarket. 

And that Vita CE for Super Meatboy... absolute garbage; normally I'm not that hyperbolic, but an Amibo reject on some standard issue packing trays?  Totally worth $30+ extra...

#32526 Jawwaad1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 01:07 AM

I received my Super Meat Boy Vita Collector’s Edition today and I must say, this was a bad packaging design. The presentation looks cheap and the figure came out of the inner packaging leaving it loose in the package. I’ve looked on eBay and seems that most arrived like this. I actually wanted to just display the whole box on my shelf but now I’m just going to open it and put the figure with my other small figures. 

#32527 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2969 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 13 May 2022 - 02:36 AM

I passed on the Boy and His Blob repro for NES. That just wasn't worth it for the price. But they've got me for a re-release of the Wii game. That game was a legit solid effort from WayForward. Having a re-released version that runs on my Switch is something I would want.

I'll stick to the standard edition, but that's just par for the course right now. I am not well-off enough to be dropping coin on collector's editions. I only spring for that very rarely. From the sound of how the Meat Boy CEs are being received, that has been the proper policy to adopt.

#32528 nagpo  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 03:34 AM

I still believe that LRG is an over leveraged company that needs to have constant influx of cash (see cards, lol) to maintain being solvent due to the long delays and production woes.

Or perhaps on all that warehouse space they lease due to the "not so limited" nature of their runs.   Having enough back stock to open a permanent store (not a popup) after many "blowout" sales is pretty interesting.  More so when they sold pretty rare games there (the ones going for several hundred on the aftermarket).

I dunno, I'm cynical.  Will only buy their stuff at Best Buy or on the aftermarket. 

And that Vita CE for Super Meatboy... absolute garbage; normally I'm not that hyperbolic, but an Amibo reject on some standard issue packing trays?  Totally worth $30+ extra...

I mean, i think everyone in this thread would agree with you.

#32529 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4341 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 04:33 AM

Did anyone want this? They are really leaning into selling the crap you definitely don’t need.

No. Mostly just shocked they’re doing it. Josh talked about this when they first switched to cards

#32530 Tothoro  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 05:25 AM

Remember when Josh made a big deal about Meat Boy being delayed so they could do some kind of fancy CE?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

#32531 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 13 May 2022 - 09:37 AM

Or perhaps on all that warehouse space they lease due to the "not so limited" nature of their runs. Having enough back stock to open a permanent store (not a popup) after many "blowout" sales is pretty interesting. More so when they sold pretty rare games there (the ones going for several hundred on the aftermarket).

I dunno, I'm cynical. Will only buy their stuff at Best Buy or on the aftermarket.

And that Vita CE for Super Meatboy... absolute garbage; normally I'm not that hyperbolic, but an Amibo reject on some standard issue packing trays? Totally worth $30+ extra...

I’m a cynic so I don’t understand how people keep being able to afford their releases.

I also wonder if the crashing of the crypto market will affect them. Feels like there definitely would be an intersection of people who were making big money on crypto and buying overpriced limited video game releases.

#32532 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 13 May 2022 - 12:57 PM

Why are your feelings limiting it to just crypto? The stock market in general was a great way to make cash and then just yolo spend it on expensive liabilities. 

#32533 nagpo  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 02:04 PM

so i just bought a boy and his blob for the switch and that cat fps a few days ago. Shipping is a little too high imo

#32534 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 03:59 PM

I’m a cynic so I don’t understand how people keep being able to afford their releases.

I also wonder if the crashing of the crypto market will affect them. Feels like there definitely would be an intersection of people who were making big money on crypto and buying overpriced limited video game releases.

Maybe I'm too much of a cynic, but I think their core market are refined hoarders (because they likely take good care of what they get) ... and of course resellers.   I'd say speculators too, but most of them are just hoarders that have convinced themselves that what they are buying is of value and they will make money on the games in the long run even though they never (or rarely ever) sell anything off.

#32535 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10026 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 05:19 PM

If it isn't MTG card or super sexy gravure model cards I'm not into it.

Where can I get these? One of my friends wants to know. 

Spoiler

#32536 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11180 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 06:22 PM

Where can I get these? One of my friends wants to know. 

Getting really lucky from Collector's boosters. The top left standard version is a bit under $40. The other alternate art versions are more expensive. I think Card Kingdom is one of the better choices.

#32537 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24688 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 06:34 PM

I'm guessing it's mostly debt, given credit card debt is at the highest levels ever. 

#32538 elessar123  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 06:41 PM

refined hoarders (because they likely take good care of what they get)

Why are you calling me out?

#32539 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1434 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:00 PM

LRG needs to switch over to strictly Amazon for their orders. Just received my Martha Is Dead, fastest arrival from date of order I've ever experienced with LRG.

#32540 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10026 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:01 PM

Getting really lucky from Collector's boosters. The top left standard version is a bit under $40. The other alternate art versions are more expensive. I think Card Kingdom is one of the better choices.

Sorry, my attempted joke came across poorly in text. 

Was joking that I wanted some of your gravure cards, and showing you what I've been working on in MTG the last couple weeks.  

#32541 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11180 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:05 PM

Haha nice flew over my head. He is very dapper though. I'm actually not a fan of this new set (I mainly draft). Already kind of bored of it.

#32542 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:07 PM

Why are you calling me out?

I feel like at some point all us old CAG's have fallen into that role (myself fully included).   I'm just hoping when I get the push to finally sell off the excess in my collection I'll walk away with a decent pile of cash (which I should).

#32543 Spring Roll  

Spring Roll

Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:41 PM

Maybe I'm too much of a cynic, but I think their core market are refined hoarders (because they likely take good care of what they get) ... and of course resellers.   I'd say speculators too, but most of them are just hoarders that have convinced themselves that what they are buying is of value and they will make money on the games in the long run even though they never (or rarely ever) sell anything off.

You see the same thing with sneaker/clothing collectors. That "sell off" day never comes and it eventually just becomes a hoard. Monetary value is worthless if it never leaves your house after delivery. 

#32544 kerbacious   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

kerbacious

Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:41 PM

Finally an update for Scott pilgrim !

#32545 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10026 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 08:28 PM

You see the same thing with sneaker/clothing collectors. That "sell off" day never comes and it eventually just becomes a hoard. Monetary value is worthless if it never leaves your house after delivery. 

Wise words.  That so many people don't understand.  It's not worth anything if you can't sell it.

long diatribe ahead:

Spoiler

#32546 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11180 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 09:01 PM

True that. My sister has an Ebay store she's been selling from for years, and yes keeps a running inventory, sales and whatever else for her taxes. She wont sell stuff for super cheap and will just donate/trade locally/or sometimes keep things I've given her over the years. She takes a cut of the sales (it's a lot of work I just gave her some inventory over the years), but many things aren't worth as much. Stuff that's easy to ship like Vita games, since they're tiny, are easier to get some profit out of. The key of all of it is, if no one is buying (like those worthless NFTs, but that's for another day), then stuff isn't worth anything. I've had some super ultra limited board game Kickstarter (being sarcastic here), and it could barely move. Same with some very old anime figures. I just took whatever I could get from them and told my sister if it doesn't sell just get rid of it. So yeah, look for local traders/buyers, sell stuff actually worth a lot if it's gathering dust (need to sell my Breach & Clear Vita. I don't care about this game), and try to enjoy what you have, while pruning what doesn't matter and feels like it's just there for whatever. You'll be a lot happier and I know I'm cutting down masses of junk I've gotten over the years. I hope to get for some 50% of their value, and whatever doesn't move usually goodwill, salvation army, this lady from Juarez, will gladly take it.

Just a not that some retro stuff is actually selling very easily, and is worth selling like some 90s clothes, such as old band shirts, retro puffer jackets, retro clothes of certain eras (need to research) and just people are nostalgic for. I think now is a great time to sell games from the SNES-PS2 eras, as the prices are very high for desirable titles. LRG stuff can sell, like the Super Meat Boy Vita game itself, but most wont give a shiz about the CE. Some limited editions are just valued more because of stuff that is actually limited, like the Fire Emblem Fates cartridge with all the games. That's my spiel on this subject.

#32547 Tothoro  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 09:17 PM

+1 to Nothing-'s diatribe. Selling online is a shitshow now, and the hoarders sitting on collections they think are worth 5-6 figures are in for a rude awakening when(/if) they ever try to liquidate. In addition to everything else mentioned, there's a notable liability that couriers may damage your goods (regardless of how well you pack them) and that buyers may be assholes (anal about condition, attempting scams, etc.). Before the tax law you'd be lucky to get 70% of the item's sale price after shipping and various fees, and now it'll be even lower (assuming you don't intend to commit tax fraud).

#32548 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 09:35 PM

Thankfully I have sold off most of my big collections (NES, SNES, Genesis, TG16, 2600/vcs, Dreamcast, Saturn, 32x, original GB other than zelda/mario) years ago.  It's mostly more modern console stuff that remains.   So I'm not as hopeless that I'll never do it.   I know full well what it takes and thankfully what I have left to go is a few hundred games rather than a few thousand.

#32549 Sporkis   Barley Legal CAGiversary!   1970 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 10:02 PM

I like to also chime in about a lot of these people vastly overestimate the vaule of what they have.  Here's a very recent example.  A acquaintance through my brother who told him I'm a collector contacted me as he was looking to unload a bunch of games.  They had a set of 20 games they wanted $350 bucks for.  The problem?  17 of them are sport games from over the years with a lot duplicates & the remaining three were pos shovel ware.  When they showed me I laughed out loud & they got pissed about it.  Got the usual what's that for line & I explained that they were worthless.  They had 3 copies of Madden 08 for pete's sake.  Expecting $350 for this lot was ludicrous & they weren't getting going to get that, they weren't even going to get $3.50.  They couldn't understand that concept.  I suggested they either give them away to someone or strip everything out of them & sell the empty cases for a few cents as they might get something for those, which was doubtful as they were also beat to a plup.

They huffed & puffed & pulled the "Well I'll find someone who wants to pay what they're worth." I replied with good luck with that.

#32550 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1434 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2022 - 11:15 PM

LRG needs to switch over to strictly Amazon for their orders. Just received my Martha Is Dead, fastest arrival from date of order I've ever experienced with LRG.

An update on this. So I got home and opened the envelope to discover that they sent me the PS4 version, not the PS5 as I ordered. Despite the little blurb at the bottom of the cover saying that a free PS5 upgrade is available, this is a lie. Putting the PS4 version into my PS5 shows the Full Game at Full price and no way to get the upgrade.