* * * - - 43 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#32911 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4154 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2022 - 08:48 PM

Am I too poor or frugal to understand? Linking even more overpriced Atari games just makes it worse.

My as well link the Atari VCS...

The vcs would be a better purchase than any of these overpriced repros.

I think srocky linked that because they are the source for the repros with LRG acting only as a distributor.  Similar to other games that are part of the distribution line sold on lrg's website.

#32912 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 30 June 2022 - 01:09 AM

Senran Kagura sold out in like two days? I thought "no purchase limit" usually meant they just took as many orders as possible for a certain period of time and then manufacturing would just make as many as needed? Has this changed? Surprised to see an item with no limit sell out so fast.

#32913 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 30 June 2022 - 01:41 AM

Senran Kagura sold out in like two days? I thought "no purchase limit" usually meant they just took as many orders as possible for a certain period of time and then manufacturing would just make as many as needed? Has this changed? Surprised to see an item with no limit sell out so fast.

It was only a few minutes and it wasn't a pre-order. They had a set amount "no purchase limit while supplies last" they just didn't last.

#32914 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24745 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2022 - 02:18 AM

Their email did say limited copies, with the word "limited" highlighted. I think they stopped 3DS production so I'm guessing this was like leftover stock they found. 

#32915 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 30 June 2022 - 02:52 AM

Their email did say limited copies, with the word "limited" highlighted. I think they stopped 3DS production so I'm guessing this was like leftover stock they found. 

Well they should limit "limited" copies then... Seems odd LRG just selling a company's leftovers, especially since XSEED has its own online store. 

#32916 ecwfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   599 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2022 - 08:26 AM

This was a reprint of 3500 copies. It was going to be a standard edition, but Xseed had enough of the bonus items that were able to make it the Double D edition.

#32917 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24745 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2022 - 03:00 AM

This was a reprint of 3500 copies. It was going to be a standard edition, but Xseed had enough of the bonus items that were able to make it the Double D edition.

Interesting... but also seems odd they'd have so many extra bonus items, including the outside box. 

#32918 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 01 July 2022 - 03:14 AM

They probably had unsold extras sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

#32919 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1832 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2022 - 06:51 PM

#32920 astrotide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2022 - 12:01 PM

Hi, my name is astrotide and.. I'm a limitedrunholic.

It's been 336 days since my last order.

I obviously am still waiting to receive it.

I've been tempted to place a new order several times but my sponsor slapped me until I didn't order anything.

I did go ahead and order Shredder's Revenge standard edition on amazon, using the Amex 40% off promotion my card gave me, for a total cost of 20.99 + tax and free shipping... which is half the price I would have paid to Limited Run, and I didn't even have to give amazon a free loan and pay at time of order. I was vaguely tempted by the $200 Turtles collectors edition on the limited run site, but I realized the stuff included didn't really appeal to me, even as a TMNT fan. Plus I got burned bad on that Streets of Rage 4 set... thing was giant and I had no place I wanted to store it and I ended up selling it at a $60 loss and it only took a year to sell.

And why is Limited Run charging $5.79 to ship a single video game with no box? I mailed one out in a bubble mailer a few weeks ago and I paid under $4 for first class mail.

Sorry I'm being slapped again.

So if I ever get my last order I placed 11 months ago, I can finally let go of the anxious pit of despair that hovers like a cloud of doom, laughing and pointing.

See you all at the next meeting.

#32921 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4154 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2022 - 04:47 PM

So if I ever get my last order I placed 11 months ago, I can finally let go of the anxious pit of despair that hovers like a cloud of doom, laughing and pointing.

That nagging stress hanging over a preorder that is paid in full but is taking so long to be fulfilled... it is great I haven't had that in over a year.  Worse is almost every one of those things I ordered I would end up regretting the purchase.  Makes it easy to talk myself out of new games that LRG gets.

#32922 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1832 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2022 - 06:36 PM

#32923 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1832 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2022 - 06:38 PM

#32924 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   801 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 06 July 2022 - 11:45 PM

That nagging stress hanging over a preorder that is paid in full but is taking so long to be fulfilled... it is great I haven't had that in over a year.  Worse is almost every one of those things I ordered I would end up regretting the purchase.  Makes it easy to talk myself out of new games that LRG gets.

If it makes you feel even better, you don't even have to preorder to have to wait.  LRG apparently isn't in a rush to ship distribution product that is just sitting in their warehouse, either.  I decided to just order that Treasures of Aegean CE from them since they'd at least ship it in a box whereas when I tried Amazon - no surprise - they shipped it in an envelope.  My hope had been maybe LRG would have supplied them to Amazon pre-boxed.  Nope.  I wonder who eats the damaged returned product in that scenario.

But, that order was placed a few weeks ago.  Right now, I do think of it as another LRG pre-order.  I'll just be surprised when it arrives.

#32925 Thomascagger  

Thomascagger

Posted 06 July 2022 - 11:48 PM

Hi, my name is astrotide and.. I'm a limitedrunholic.

It's been 336 days since my last order.

I obviously am still waiting to receive it.

I've been tempted to place a new order several times but my sponsor slapped me until I didn't order anything.

I did go ahead and order Shredder's Revenge standard edition on amazon, using the Amex 40% off promotion my card gave me, for a total cost of 20.99 + tax and free shipping... which is half the price I would have paid to Limited Run, and I didn't even have to give amazon a free loan and pay at time of order. I was vaguely tempted by the $200 Turtles collectors edition on the limited run site, but I realized the stuff included didn't really appeal to me, even as a TMNT fan. Plus I got burned bad on that Streets of Rage 4 set... thing was giant and I had no place I wanted to store it and I ended up selling it at a $60 loss and it only took a year to sell.

And why is Limited Run charging $5.79 to ship a single video game with no box? I mailed one out in a bubble mailer a few weeks ago and I paid under $4 for first class mail.

Sorry I'm being slapped again.

See you all at the next meeting.

I package random eBay games better than limited run packages their stuff, because I know eBay buyers will open a case against me if I shipped it like they do. It's really pretty sad

#32926 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4154 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2022 - 04:01 PM

If it makes you feel even better, you don't even have to preorder to have to wait.  LRG apparently isn't in a rush to ship distribution product that is just sitting in their warehouse, either.  I decided to just order that Treasures of Aegean CE

The shipping cue kills the deal for me on stuff like that.

Oddly, I was just looking at that game (the standard version) a few days ago as it was listed for sale through gamefly and I had never heard of it.   I might grab it when the digital version goes cheap... it looks pretty solid.

I package random eBay games better than limited run packages their stuff, because I know eBay buyers will open a case against me if I shipped it like they do. It's really pretty sad

I've always packaged games the way I'd want to receive them... often that meant going a bit overboard with the bubble wrap and packaging tape.

#32927 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 07 July 2022 - 11:20 PM

Hopefully didn’t miss a post about this earlier but glad as hell they are making a physical copy of Doom Eternal for Switch (seen it for the first time in an ad for what’s coming in my email).

#32928 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   736 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 07 July 2022 - 11:24 PM

Frankly, it's cheaper to drive to their retail store and back than to pay the shipping costs

#32929 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 07 July 2022 - 11:43 PM

Hopefully didn’t miss a post about this earlier but glad as hell they are making a physical copy of Doom Eternal for Switch (seen it for the first time in an ad for what’s coming in my email).

#32930 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1832 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2022 - 09:55 PM

#32931 guy3467  

Posted 08 July 2022 - 10:54 PM

Awesome!  I've been hoping this would get a physical Ps4 version for forever. Maybe now Full Throttle has a chance too. Not at all interested in the Collectors barf though.

#32932 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2552 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2022 - 11:15 PM

Definitely in for a SE of DOTT. Loved that game as a kid!

#32933 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   857 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2022 - 11:57 PM

A generic plastic pile of fake novelty barf

#32934 Thomascagger  

Thomascagger

Posted 09 July 2022 - 12:58 AM

A generic plastic pile of fake novelty barf

Nothing in it really justifies the extra cash

#32935 TheKbob   FakeyBro™, Esq. CAGiversary!   1914 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2022 - 06:44 PM

Nothing in it really justifies the extra cash

It's a game reference, but also highly agreed that CEs are useless tat.

• DS9 likes this

#32936 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   857 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2022 - 07:05 PM

Yeah, just found the potential symbolism and analogy amusing.  If it’s modeled after Barf in the game, that’s one thing.  If it’s just some generic gag store stuff that’s been sitting unsold, that LRG decided to throw in the box, that would be a new low.  It probably is a new low anyway, but even more so.

#32937 TheKbob   FakeyBro™, Esq. CAGiversary!   1914 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2022 - 09:27 PM

Yeah, just found the potential symbolism and analogy amusing.  If it’s modeled after Barf in the game, that’s one thing.  If it’s just some generic gag store store stuff that’s been sitting unsold, that LRG decided to throw in the box, that would be a new low.  It probably is a new low anyway, but even more so.

The Vita Super Meat Boy CE is pretty hard to beat on a garbage to weight ratio being pretty much a 1 since that game was bad, too.

#32938 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3243 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2022 - 06:56 PM

Wish they'd do a standard edition for PC. I just want the box, CD, and game.

#32939 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1832 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2022 - 08:50 PM

#32940 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1832 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2022 - 08:40 PM