* * * - - 39 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#23911 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:56 PM

Super Star Wars SNES was in there... There's no way in hell that's getting a standalone release. Bounty Hunter is standalone, likely because it's a more "modern" release

You're talking about LRG.   Super Star Wars may not get a standalone release, but if it gets released as a collection, it's probably going to be with the other two "Super" SNES ports and nothing else.  While it would be great if all of those old SNES/PC games were on one collection, that would be very shocking.  

#23912 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:58 PM

Ok, nevermind... Looks like they are totally reaming us with mostly individual releases...
https://www.gameinfo...tive-collectors

And I don't see the SNES games on the list...   This makes it sound like LRG is going to be releasing NES and Game Boy games??? 

Yeah - I just watched that video again.  The SNES games weren't in it.

#23913 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:00 PM

And I don't see the SNES games on the list... This makes it sound like LRG is going to be releasing NES and Game Boy games???

I could've clearly mistaken the NES game for the SNES game... so don't quote me on that.

#23914 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20096 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:00 PM

So are the PC only Star Wars game getting a modern console release?

#23915 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9020 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:08 PM

Ok, nevermind... Looks like they are totally reaming us with mostly individual releases...
https://www.gameinfo...tive-collectors

Many of these games have been bundled more than anything and have been sold as 'Gold Box editions' at retail for years.  They have no value. 

This is the kind of LRG thing that gets my cynicism going. 

#23916 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20096 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:13 PM

Many of these games have been bundled more than anything and have been sold as 'Gold Box editions' at retail for years.  They have no value. 

There are brand new PC copies of Shadow of the Empire for $15 bucks right now.  So I don't know what LRG is thinking if they are just PC release

#23917 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:13 PM

Many of these games have been bundled more than anything and have been sold as 'Gold Box editions' at retail for years. They have no value.

I'd be ok with it if they were bundled into 3-4 collections, but based on what they are saying about the first two releases, that looks like a slim chance.

#23918 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9947 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:26 PM

I was hoping any of the Rogue Squadron games would be included. I would have also loved a 1 disk collection of all of those.

#23919 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:40 PM

Is there any reason why Power Rangers is $60 when the digital version is only $20?

#23920 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:46 PM

Is there any reason why Power Rangers is $60 when the digital version is only $20?

Yes.    If you want a 60 dollar Power Rangers coaster then yes,

#23921 srocky26  

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:52 PM

https://twitter.com/...163510989316098

#23922 Jurai  

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:57 PM

And I don't see the SNES games on the list...   This makes it sound like LRG is going to be releasing NES and Game Boy games??? 

Yeah - I just watched that video again.  The SNES games weren't in it.

It's pretty feasible, they've released physical retro carts in the past, and repros are pretty easy to produce nowadays. none of those are necessarily hard games to source a cheap copy of though so who knows

#23923 Madzane  

Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:11 PM

-Metal Slug is welcome, shame the other Geo games didn’t make the cut.

-Excited for the 3DS release and it sounds like they have more in the pipeline.

-Lukewarm on many of the Vita games (aside from Papers Please and Meat Boy) and the classic rereleases like Turok and the Lucas collection are passes.

-can’t wait for Transistor and Blaster Master.

#23924 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:18 PM

https://twitter.com/...163510989316098

Thanks for the link! I didn’t realize there was DLC for this game. I feel a little better about the price now, especially with it all being on disc.

#23925 Jurai  

Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:18 PM

did they post any info on the Monkey Island release?

#23926 Tothoro  

Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:27 PM

It looks like Power Rangers won't ship out until November. Does anyone know why? Is there some DLC or something they're waiting on? It seems odd to put it up this early if it won't be shipping for that long.

#23927 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:28 PM

My thoughts:

-Only truly hyped about Night in the Woods and maybe Transistor.

-Vita games look mostly crap, but I'll buy them all anyway to finish the set. Wish they weren't extending all the way to 2020, no idea why they would, but whatever.

-Ports of Red Faction, Turok, Star Wars, Corpse Killer, Myst etc. aren't needed

-LRG getting the Shenmue III collector's edition is gross

-Pleasantly surprised by 3DS collection and happy they're not trying to make people buy both Mutant Mudd games and Xeodrifter separately for a third time.

#23928 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3027 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:42 PM

It looks like Power Rangers won't ship out until November. Does anyone know why? Is there some DLC or something they're waiting on? It seems odd to put it up this early if it won't be shipping for that long.

There was a season pass that they're going to include the content from, and the game has kinda been a mess content-wise. It definitely released very unfinished, so they released some characters for free.

#23929 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3650 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:01 PM

Not big on Star Wars, so I'm happy I can pass on all those.

#23930 sephiroth61787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   829 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

sephiroth61787

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:09 PM

I bought the Digital Collector’s Edition of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, but always wanted a physical version. So I’m double-dipping and grabbed the Switch Mega Edition. Hopefully by the time it’s released, they get the rest of the Story Mode and characters out.

#23931 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   965 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:26 PM

from the LRG twitter 

We'll be kicking off our collaboration with Lucasfilm Games on Friday, June 28 with STAR WARS™: Bounty Hunter (PS4) and STAR WARS™ (NES, GameBoy). Limited quantity Standard and Collector's Editions go on sale on http://limitedrungames.com  in two batches at 10am & 6pm EDT that day.

#23932 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:35 AM

from the LRG twitter 

We'll be kicking off our collaboration with Lucasfilm Games on Friday, June 28 with STAR WARS™: Bounty Hunter (PS4) and STAR WARS™ (NES, GameBoy). Limited quantity Standard and Collector's Editions go on sale on http://limitedrungames.com  in two batches at 10am & 6pm EDT that day.

Still not getting what "STAR WARS (NES, Gameboy)" means.   Or maybe I do if they are literally going to sell NES and Gameboy carts.  I guess this retro cartridge stuff is going to keep being a thing.  I will fully expect them to meet iAm8Bit's pricing structure.  I was actually a bit excited when I saw their Earthworm Jim 1 & 2 SNES release until I saw the price. 

Ok - I did just see the story saying these games are being released on the original platforms.  So, Shadows of the Empire and Episode 1 Racer are going to get PC and Nintendo 64 releases. 

Unfortunately, if they are re-releasing big box replicas of these Monkey Island games, they have got me.  I would say I am 100% in for any collector's editions, but LRG can probably find a way to keep me away (poster, trading cards, and a 3.5" diskette USB drive all packaged in a monkey shaped box!).

#23933 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:40 AM

Could be worse, like a random 99 cent PS4 game in a fake NES World Championship cart case with a Stadium Events slip cover with an Air Raid keychain and some Dracula X stickers in a Turbo Grafx CE box for $300.

#23934 adam81  

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:10 AM

sigh looks like my Jak and Daxter CE is lost in the mail...

the last status was a week ago that says "Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility".

Usually LR packages have that status and then 24 hours later they have a different status like "arrive at the destination UPS Mail Innovations facility." or something like that, but this one just never updated with a new status.

Great, the one item I really wanted is lost, and is also super limited, I really hope they have replacement shipments available for stuff like this just in case. 

I had a 4 day update gap so I'm sure you're fine. For me, nothing from LRG ever delivers on time. My Jak CE was supposed to be delivered Friday, but will come tomorrow as it's finally in my city.

#23935 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:21 AM

Ok - I did just see the story saying these games are being released on the original platforms.  So, Shadows of the Empire and Episode 1 Racer are going to get PC and Nintendo 64 releases. 

Wait what? Why would anyone do this? You can buy an original CIB N64 copy of Episode I Racer off eBay right now for $25. And $40 for Shadows of the Empire.

#23936 beard_of_zeus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

beard_of_zeus

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:42 AM

This isn't related to the E3 announcements, but I just got my standard edition copy of Game Tengoku CruisinMix Special in the mail today from LRG and popped it in to play, turns out only 2 of the 3 promised pieces of DLC are on the disc, which I'm a bit upset about (especially since it is $9.99 to buy separately, and it being on disc was part of the appeal)

As per the product listing, this version is supposed to have have Clarice, Homura, and the voice pack DLC on disc, turns out Homura is not unlocked. I don't think the CE versions of this game have gone out - I know there was a little bit of scuttlebutt because that version has an exclusive 4th DLC (Tatsujin) - but I'm curious if that version has all the DLC it is supposed to...it must be a different printing, presumably, if it has different on disc DLC.

The game has been printed already, so I guess nothing can be done, just felt like I've been lied to on this one. Seems like a pretty big mistake to make.

#23937 DS9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:46 AM

15x Star Wars/LucasArts games all $29.99 EA when there like $1 on steam all day long. Fuck DAT!

#23938 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:49 AM

15x Star Wars/LucasArts games all $29.99 EA when there like $1 on steam all day long. Fuck DAT!

If they really are being released on original systems, then it's an easy pass for me. I'm not a fan of these "official" repro games.

#23939 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1612 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:55 AM

I missed the release date, so that makes more sense. The Digital Deluxe Edition came with the season pass, which is to have 3 new fighters, but they haven't revealed who or released any of it. I haven't seen any solid answer if the season pass content is on the actual disc/cartridge, but if it doesn't come out til November, hopefully that's indication it'll all be on there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#23940 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37607 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:57 AM

This isn't related to the E3 announcements, but I just got my standard edition copy of Game Tengoku CruisinMix Special in the mail today from LRG and popped it in to play, turns out only 2 of the 3 promised pieces of DLC are on the disc, which I'm a bit upset about (especially since it is $9.99 to buy separately, and it being on disc was part of the appeal)

As per the product listing, this version is supposed to have have Clarice, Homura, and the voice pack DLC on disc, turns out Homura is not unlocked. I don't think the CE versions of this game have gone out - I know there was a little bit of scuttlebutt because that version has an exclusive 4th DLC (Tatsujin) - but I'm curious if that version has all the DLC it is supposed to...it must be a different printing, presumably, if it has different on disc DLC.

The game has been printed already, so I guess nothing can be done, just felt like I've been lied to on this one. Seems like a pretty big mistake to make.

Like you said, it's probably too late for anything to be done, but I'd suggest tweeting about it and let LRG know.