* * * - - 39 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#24091 folnevar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:15 AM

How do you get on the wishlist for a game? Was going to order Pix the Cat, but got hung up at work and missed out

#24092 Tothoro  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:16 AM

How do you get on the wishlist for a game? Was going to order Pix the Cat, but got hung up at work and missed out

https://docs.google....XHEyIw/viewform

Doesn't look like Pix is on the list yet, but keep checking back.

As a note, waitlist copies go out after the items have shipped to normal orders

#24093 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:29 AM

Can anyone confirm they've ever gotten anything from going on a LR waitlist? From what I've gathered, it's pretty pointless. Have heard people complain they were on wishlists only to see leftover stock show up in blind boxes 6 months later.

#24094 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6485 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:22 AM

Can anyone confirm they've ever gotten anything from going on a LR waitlist? From what I've gathered, it's pretty pointless. Have heard people complain they were on wishlists only to see leftover stock show up in blind boxes 6 months later.

Bunch of people on one of the Facebook groups I am on have gotten the first two JAK CEs and a bunch of other games from being on the waitlist.  

#24095 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:51 AM

A lot more miss than hit in my experience. Speaking to your last point - I do wonder if anyone got Salt & Sanctuary (Vita) from the waiting list as they actually ended up putting leftover copies for that on the site.

#24096 folnevar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:29 AM

I was on the wait lists for Rabi-Ribi and Iconoclasts, both for PS4, but never heard anything.

#24097 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 22 June 2019 - 03:39 PM

A swing and a miss for me on the waitlist.  They announced the batch of games they were putting up for year end and one of them was my waitlist game.  I opened a ticket BEFORE the end of year sale asking why I wasn't being offered a chance at the game before the sale and they got back to be a couple of weeks later saying waitlist is not a guarantee. 

Won't waste time on that again.

#24098 tinypoem   CAG Veteran & Hand Model CAGiversary!   641 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:28 PM

i got on the Lumines Ultimate Edition waitlist for Switch and got delivery sometime last week.  Was on for Jak 1 but got offered the regular version (which I took).

#24099 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:38 PM

i got on the Lumines Ultimate Edition waitlist for Switch and got delivery sometime last week.  Was on for Jak 1 but got offered the regular version (which I took).

Nice. Jak 1 is worth a ton now.

#24100 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:42 PM

it looks like the next vita release will be metal slug 3 on 7/12/19

https://limitedrunga...coming-releases

#24101 DS9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:54 AM

Someone explain why Celeste is a godlike game ppl praise. I played the digital vs and man it sucks balls. Its just meat boy which I don't like. Its aimless rooms with no progression path or real story. I get no fun or joy going thru rooms.

#24102 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:59 AM

Someone explain why Celeste is a godlike game ppl praise. I played the digital vs and man it sucks balls. Its just meat boy which I don't like. Its aimless rooms with no progression path or real story. I get no fun or joy going thru rooms.

Get out.

#24103 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3035 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:04 AM

Has anything been said recently about a bonus for anyone that has a complete Vita collection? I never saw an original quote about that, so wasn't sure if it was true.

#24104 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1073 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:20 AM

PREACH

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  • DS9 likes this

#24105 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1039 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:57 AM

I'm still confused by this release, especially when the Anthology is available on PSN. And as far as I know, there isn't anything added to this release like 'King of Fighters '97' or 'Samurai Shodown V Special,' is there? They could've at least gone with something a little newer like 'Metal Slug XX.' The whole point is to "preserve" otherwise digital only games. 

#24106 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5243 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:40 AM

I'm still confused by this release, especially when the Anthology is available on PSN. And as far as I know, there isn't anything added to this release like 'King of Fighters '97' or 'Samurai Shodown V Special,' is there? They could've at least gone with something a little newer like 'Metal Slug XX.' The whole point is to "preserve" otherwise digital only games. 

I nominate you to speak at the town hall meeting.  :grouphug:

On the released list of VITA's last stand, MS3 might be the biggest headscratcher of all. 

#24107 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2535 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:42 AM

Depends which version of metal slug 3 this is. The ACA version supposedly was recoded for ps4 and has online leaderboards & difficulty settings. The other non-ACA MS3 has online co op play & online leaderboards.

I've heard the ACA versions of metal slug are better because they don't have input lag. I have anthology & MS XX on ps4 and they have noticeable input lag unfortunately.

It could also been the case where LRG was going to release each game individually (before vita cart ending news) to make snk more money as that might of been the only way they let them do it. LRG said the same thing about some other series recently.
Also mentioned how $60 was a tough price point for them to sell even for compilations, that's why they prefer to sell lower priced individual games.

#24108 Tothoro  

Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:23 PM

Has anything been said recently about a bonus for anyone that has a complete Vita collection? I never saw an original quote about that, so wasn't sure if it was true.

In the last fireside chat they said they weren't going to talk about it for a while and Josh expressed annoyance about the quantity of questions. Part of me thinks they put Papers Please in 2020 just to avoid having to deal with the full set game until then.

#24109 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1039 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:49 PM

Depends which version of metal slug 3 this is. The ACA version supposedly was recoded for ps4 and has online leaderboards & difficulty settings. The other non-ACA MS3 has online co op play & online leaderboards.

I've heard the ACA versions of metal slug are better because they don't have input lag. I have anthology & MS XX on ps4 and they have noticeable input lag unfortunately.

It could also been the case where LRG was going to release each game individually (before vita cart ending news) to make snk more money as that might of been the only way they let them do it. LRG said the same thing about some other series recently.

Ah that could be the case, but then the question is: was MS3 the only one ready to go, or could they have chosen which entry?

It'd be nice to know which release people are buying before people buy them. But why help the consumer...

#24110 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9130 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:39 PM

Man I feel sorry for the sad saps that are still in the game for every brand new Vita release. 

#24111 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   690 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:50 PM

And let's not blow by..... Red Faction?   I can see the PS2-games-in-PS4-packaging thing is here to stay.  

#24112 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   484 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:55 PM

when they announce the day something goes up for order, what time that day does it actually show up on the website?

id really like some help with this to avoid getting scalped. ive been reading and you guys say it takes one minute for copies to run out, im trying to get a copy of star wars, and that seems like precisely the kind of thing people would mindlessly order in 30 seconds.

any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

#24113 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:14 PM

e1667e93cd1b463431bfc21afe95ec42.jpg
I wasn't planning on buying their glorified reproductions... but this looks slick as hell.

#24114 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9130 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:30 PM

That's actually really cool.   Super smart of them to package the games inside a blister card for collectors like that. 

Fig collectors pay $29.99+ all the time without a second thought. 

#24115 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   690 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:42 PM

I wasn't planning on buying their glorified reproductions... but this looks slick as hell.

was planning on it, but I don't like the packaging at all.  I don't get it.  I mean, I get it, but these aren't retro action figures.  I actually assumed they'd be releasing these in NES/GB packaging.  You know, the things nostalgic video game collectors might be into.  This "game on action figure card" thing doesn't work at all, IMO.   The NES cart almost completely obscures the card art!  

For me, this is a new low in packaging and a huge misstep (can they ever have missteps if these inevitably sell out?).  But, they saved me plenty of money.  

Now I'm nervous about what they are going to do with Monkey Island.   I just want replica boxes - maybe with some higher quality (embossing/spot gloss).   

#24116 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10114 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:52 PM

Yeah that packaging isn't my style at all. It looks cheap. I'd rather prefer cardboard boxes like the originals even if they weren't perfect.

#24117 Tothoro  

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:01 PM

when they announce the day something goes up for order, what time that day does it actually show up on the website?

id really like some help with this to avoid getting scalped. ive been reading and you guys say it takes one minute for copies to run out, im trying to get a copy of star wars, and that seems like precisely the kind of thing people would mindlessly order in 30 seconds.

any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Sales are 10 AM & 6 PM US Eastern Time. There's a countdown on each product page on the site if you're not sure what the regional equivalent is.

Except for their VR releases (which happen Wednesdays), all of their new releases go up on Fridays. Star Wars is this Friday (6/28).

#24118 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   484 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:02 PM

Sales are 10 AM & 6 PM US Eastern Time. 

thank you

#24119 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:16 PM

Uh, cool way to keep cost down on box reproductions I guess, but I had no plans to buy old SW games either way. But for those who may be in the market, more power to all involved, as I'm guessing these will sell to somebody someplace who has an interest, it's just not me.

#24120 adam81  

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:24 PM

Star Wars on NES, cartridge only goes for $10 or so.  I remember game stores having  used games in the same type of cheap packaging. Minus the Star Wars branding obviously.