* * * - - 39 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#26071 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:04 PM

some stuff went up for sale a few min before 10am

#26072 Metal Militia   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   689 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Metal Militia

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

WTF kept on refreshing Metal Slug 3 for Vita kept saying coming soon, coming soon and then I refresh and it says sold out! I never once had a chance to add it to my cart nor did I ever see the add to cart button. Bullshit

#26073 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:09 PM

WTF kept on refreshing Metal Slug 3 for Vita kept saying coming soon, coming soon and then I refresh and it says sold out! I never once had a chance to add it to my cart nor did I ever see the add to cart button. Bullshit

Blind boxes bro

#26074 SgtMcQuacks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

SgtMcQuacks

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:09 PM

Ok, well this is the last time I attempt to get anything off of their Blowout sale. It would be nice if the items you put in your cart were held for a few minutes and not just taken out of stock as you're completing your order. I was able to put 8 items into my cart a minute before the sale. Every time I put my credit card information in and hit confirm order, it would tell me an item in my cart was sold out now and then I had to go through my credit card info again. This happened 3 times to where I was able to get 2 of the 8 items I had in my cart. Amazing.

Oh well, I suppose I just won't ever have copies of these physical games 

#26075 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:11 PM

Lol. Another LRG cluster Fuck. The ole you can’t check out fast enough sale 2020 with a bonus if you’re the only person able to add 100$ worth of shit and complete payment in 2 seconds.

#26076 jrzshore   Long Time Lurker, X Time Poster CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

I was going to come on here to complain how Shopify/Paypal screwed me over on Metal Slug 3 for PS4, but then I see all this whining about the last Vita games being in the Blind Boxes...

The games will still be released the regular way,  A handful of people will get it early if they get a blind box.  So what?  Seriously, SO WHAT?  How does that any way negatively affect you or your collection?  You'll still have your chance to buy your copies, but if you're so insane that you absolutely positively must have it first, you take your chance with a blind box.

And if you ARE that insane, chances are you won't get it and you're out that money and still have to buy it normally like everyone else.

Good gravy people.

#26077 jdmay21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

I feel like this sale should be re-titled the LRG "Blow-it-out-your-ass" Sale.

#26078 Tothoro  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

I ended up getting a copy of the Night Trap variant. I sold my PS4 copy when the Vita version was announced, but we all know how that turned out. Nice to get another copy at MSRP, I guess.

I was going to come on here to complain how Shopify/Paypal screwed me over on Metal Slug 3 for PS4, but then I see all this whining about the last Vita games being in the Blind Boxes...

The games will still be released the regular way,  A handful of people will get it early if they get a blind box.  So what?  Seriously, SO WHAT?  How does that any way negatively affect you or your collection?  You'll still have your chance to buy your copies, but if you're so insane that you absolutely positively must have it first, you take your chance with a blind box.

And if you ARE that insane, chances are you won't get it and you're out that money and still have to buy it normally like everyone else.

Good gravy people.

The issue is more that they're arbitrarily holding these games hostage. They're printed, they could be sold today and shipped tomorrow. But instead they're just sitting on them, and the first time they've been made available is through a blind box lottery. If I could buy these games today for $100 each and then stop following LRG and waiting for these sales I'd do it in a heartbeat. I may turn to eBay and do just that when copies inevitably make their way out.

For myself and a lot of others, these are the last things we want from LRG. It's as much about being done with them as it is about getting the games.

#26079 guy3467  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:17 PM

Hopefully I can snag a copy of A Train

Edit,

Never mind it’s not part of the sale .... sigh

If you don't care that it's used & If you have a Gamefly membership you can keep it for $30.

#26080 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:17 PM

I feel like this sale should be re-titled the LRG "Blow-it-out-your-ass" Sale.

Lol that’s great. Sadly, peeps on here will still support Loose Reprinted Games

#26081 GaveUpTomorrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1840 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

GaveUpTomorrow

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:22 PM

Ok, well this is the last time I attempt to get anything off of their Blowout sale. It would be nice if the items you put in your cart were held for a few minutes and not just taken out of stock as you're completing your order. I was able to put 8 items into my cart a minute before the sale. Every time I put my credit card information in and hit confirm order, it would tell me an item in my cart was sold out now and then I had to go through my credit card info again. This happened 3 times to where I was able to get 2 of the 8 items I had in my cart. Amazing.

Oh well, I suppose I just won't ever have copies of these physical games 

The only chance you have at securing what you want is to purchase 1 or 2 items at a time and checking out. Focus on games in batches of what you want the most and pay for shipping multiple times. It sucks, but by the time you hit add to cart 8 times to try and grab everything you wanted, the people who were only buying one game already finished their purchase and that game is gone. When there are hundreds to thousands of people fighting over a stock of 10-50 of each game, most people will unfortunately leave upset.

#26082 citizen   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:24 PM

I was able to get outlast 2 for switch.. outlast bundle of terror sold out in cart die to going live early and caught me off guard.

Anyone willing or able to help with bundle of terror game would be awesome

#26083 citizen   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:32 PM

I should add.. I have Gba.. PsVita.. Ps4.. Ds and 3ds games for a trade as well if anyone can lend a hand with Outlast Bundle of Terror switch game I missed out on thx in advance

#26084 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2535 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:35 PM

lol the sale started a couple minutes early from what im reading online & everything good was sold out before the 10am window.

#26085 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1336 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:36 PM

I completely slept past the sale and don't even care as there were only a couple things I wanted.

Agree with everyone that they're making douchebag moves withholding the remaining vita games.

The other thing that's completely fucking idiotic is making people buy $100 worth of stuff for ONE pack of the cards. Most people would barely even get that more than 2 items in cart before things sell out. A great move to not have to lose $5.

Starting the year on a high note for sure.

If folks were really this angry, just boycott them, but we all know that's not happening because people are sheep.

#26086 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7615 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:48 PM

Good gravy people.

Yeah, the blind box isn't the disease, but the symptom, as this is typical LRG BS and really nothing new honestly. For me, it's the moving of the goal post, again and again. As stated, a few of us only need or want these last few games, and by them saying we have no clue when they will be offered officially, but here get these blind boxes, tells me it could be December 2020 when the last games get released(if at all).

When they said they just wanted to hold on to these last games, I was like whatever, your business, I'll get them when offered. But with each new month, some other scheme is revealed, and when does it end? I bought blind boxes the first time around, and swore them off due to the BS way that shit went down, so yeah, I could care less about blind boxes being offered in general. 

I honestly looked at March 2020 as the end of this for me, as I figured they would milk it for one game a month, and then be over. Now, after the "we have no idea when these last games will be offered", so here, buy 20 blind boxes, so maybe you get one, what springs up next month, then the month after, etc. These guys have more than enough crap they sell to the masses(to get their nickels & dimes), and I'm fine with that, as if people don't want something, don't buy it. With each new month, the end was near, so I was cool, even spreading the games out, but now I see these guys will just say anything to keep fans suckling at the tit, and for me the milks gone bad!

#26087 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2535 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:50 PM

The games will still be released the regular way, A handful of people will get it early if they get a blind box. So what? Seriously, SO WHAT? How does that any way negatively affect you or your collection? You'll still have your chance to buy your copies, but if you're so insane that you absolutely positively must have it first, you take your chance with a blind box.

Good gravy people.

Actually, when those vita games do go on sale they will most likely disappear as fast as today's stuff, in seconds. So the collectors are probably extremely paranoid they'll miss out on them while fighting off bots, flippers, & other collectors.
Adding these vita games to the blind box is playing to those paranoid fears. Lowering the quantity available for the future sale but more importantly enticing collectors to take a gamble in securing these games now. So you now have extra people interested in buying your blind boxes that otherwise wouldn't care.
Great business strategy thou.

I don't care either way.

#26088 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:51 PM

I was working also don't really care that much. The only game I was even slightly interested in was papers please and I'll probably pass anyways. Now if they can get the developers to release it on switch id bite.

As for the big deal about the game being in the mystery box.

Based on that tweet the bigger deal for me is the fact they still haven't set a release date for 2020 yet already have it printed and ready to go and are already selling through the copies that are suppose to be held for replacements seems ass backwards but then again I have never delt with this company.

#26089 Atomized   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Atomized

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:52 PM

Well, I really wanted the last 3 VR games I was missing, completely screwed up the timezone on my end. got 1/3.  So Just Light Tracer for me.

#26090 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9142 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:53 PM

Congratulations to all the bots who scored!

#26091 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13180 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:12 PM

LOL, no one's commented on their monthly Limited run shirts yet?  Kind of an interesting merchandising idea, but way too expensive for me (after shipping).

#26092 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:22 PM

I completely slept past the sale and don't even care as there were only a couple things I wanted.

Agree with everyone that they're making douchebag moves withholding the remaining vita games.

The other thing that's completely fucking idiotic is making people buy $100 worth of stuff for ONE pack of the cards. Most people would barely even get that more than 2 items in cart before things sell out. A great move to not have to lose $5.

Starting the year on a high note for sure.

If folks were really this angry, just boycott them, but we all know that's not happening because people are sheep.

PLEASE NOTE: There was a mistake in the email yesterday that said a free trading card pack would be sent with every order over $100. We were not able to get this offer implemented in an intuitive way on Shopify, so we are not able to offer the packs today. We will find a way to make them available in the future! Sorry for the inconvenience.To make up for this confusion, ALL orders today will include a free exclusive Blowout Sale 2020 trading card.

#26093 Jurai  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:23 PM

Congratulations to all the bots who scored!

Every deal/flip/cook group discord I'm in was telling people to bot the CEs, Jax 1 ce only added 3 in stock that I ever saw so if you were trying to get that manually it was probably a bad time

#26094 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23554 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:27 PM

Kinda shocked that the Vita blind boxes are still available...

#26095 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:35 PM

94ae2ac0eff5f1fcd36daef2d52edda3.jpg

Regarding the unreleased vita games, they've consistently said that blind boxes were leftover stock from held back inventory for replacements, and overstock from minimum order quantities. Even their advertising banner specifies "warehouse leftovers". So while everyone anticipates a bloodbath when these games finally go on sale, they are already reducing the number available to those waiting patiently to purchase, all to entice people into more blindboxes. I get why they are doing it, but it's slimy to say the least.

#26096 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:39 PM

Wutz the word on Breach and Clear ps5 4k version and Jak 8k Limited CE Ps5 version?

#26097 hohle  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:50 PM

If anyone wants to trade either version of Shantae: Pirates Curse, I’d have quite a few other releases I’d be happy to swap. The delayed availability really screwed me over this morning.

#26098 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2943 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:05 PM

Actually, when those vita games do go on sale they will most likely disappear as fast as today's stuff, in seconds. So the collectors are probably extremely paranoid they'll miss out on them while fighting off bots, flippers, & other collectors.
Adding these vita games to the blind box is playing to those paranoid fears. Lowering the quantity available for the future sale but more importantly enticing collectors to take a gamble in securing these games now. So you now have extra people interested in buying your blind boxes that otherwise wouldn't care.
Great business strategy thou.

I don't care either way.

So what you're saying is ... good business/marketing strategy on LRG's part.

Folks here need to get a hold of themselves. There are far, far, FAR greater and more important issues to be angry or anxious about. This one over LRG is the epitome of a first world problem.

#26099 Tothoro  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:36 PM

So what you're saying is ... good business/marketing strategy on LRG's part.

Folks here need to get a hold of themselves. There are far, far, FAR greater and more important issues to be angry or anxious about. This one over LRG is the epitome of a first world problem.

I don't expect to see people talking about Hong Kong, Australian wildfires, or Brexit on a video game deals/discussion forum. Nobody's dying over this and nobody's acting like they are. But complaints about how Limited Run Games is selling their games on the Limited Run Games thread seems perfectly topical. We're all here because we like games, and we're allowed to because fortunately no one person decides what humans have to spend their time doing.

#26100 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:40 PM

Salt and Sanctuary Vita actually went live at almost 10:02 and it looks like there were 5.