* * * - - 39 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#26311 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:36 PM

I'm amazed we haven't seen a physical printing of Cuphead. That's a game that surely could meet the 20k threshold.

Just look at ebay prices for the empty cases w/ art cels that Best Buy had a couple years ago: https://www.ebay.com...d xbox&_sacat=0

I'm pretty sure at this point the developers of that game will be doing their own release(when the time comes), and probably just for the NS at this point, but who knows? They also have DLC coming down the road, so I'm sure their probably waiting for all that before offering a physical release.

I would assume most would buy on the NS over the ONE, as it performs just as well, and at least with the NS game, you technically get two versions(home and on the go). Since CH is pretty much a MS title, I'm sure they could print in qty's they want vs. some minimum requirement, and I'm sure the OG fan base would still want this game in a standard release or CE if possible, so why not?

#26312 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3650 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:42 PM

There has been a confirmed physical release for Cuphead on the Switch, and as mentioned, I'm sure they're waiting for their DLC... and that's something I greatly appreciate. I hate when discs don't come with the full game. Really chops away at the preservation aspect of physical media.

#26313 Equippt  

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:53 PM

There has been a confirmed physical release for Cuphead on the Switch, and as mentioned, I'm sure they're waiting for their DLC... and that's something I greatly appreciate. I hate when discs don't come with the full game. Really chops away at the preservation aspect of physical media.

Totally agree. I'd much rather wait a little longer and get the full game on cart.

On the other hand, Ori is already content complete and would make a mighty attractive Switch cart. I would do regrettable things to make that happen.

#26314 guy3467  

Posted 24 January 2020 - 04:26 AM

Hey, I just checked & the mighty rabbit Limited Run forums were down for me. Not the one here obviously but the one that used to be connected to their website. Are they working for anyone else?

#26315 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3298 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:23 PM

Hey, I just checked & the mighty rabbit Limited Run forums were down for me. Not the one here obviously but the one that used to be connected to their website. Are they working for anyone else?

They appear to be down.  it could be they have opted out of hosting forums all together but no word on their twitter.  I'm not on twitter so no way to message them, but if you are you could ask them what up with the forums.  Note, there's no link on the site anymore it seems.

#26316 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13179 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:52 PM

They appear to be down.  it could be they have opted out of hosting forums all together but no word on their twitter.  I'm not on twitter so no way to message them, but if you are you could ask them what up with the forums.  Note, there's no link on the site anymore it seems.

The link direct from the site has been gone for a while, but there is still a link to the forum in the "About" section of the site.

#26317 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3298 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:10 PM

The link direct from the site has been gone for a while, but there is still a link to the forum in the "About" section of the site.

Good to know.  Odd they removed it everywhere but this one page.  Also the forum is hosted by mighty rabbit studios, but they don't seem to have any links on their site to the forums unless it's equally hidden.

#26318 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:04 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just checked, and the forum link in the "About" page is broken as well...

#26319 citizen   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:32 PM

Ordered Streets of Red for switch like anyone else that wanted a copy of it right.. and I like horror movies and games so not too bad of a purchase.
Really is odd to me seeing games without pre-order windows and such small numbers available last this long though.

#26320 Dr_dreadful   Banned Banned   393 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:58 PM

Ordered Streets of Red for switch like anyone else that wanted a copy of it right.. and I like horror movies and games so not too bad of a purchase.
Really is odd to me seeing games without pre-order windows and such small numbers available last this long though.

I dont think it's odd at all.

It's a game no one was asking for. It's like 8.99 on psn without being on sale and it will be 40 on lrg. All it comes with is just a single trading card. And especially if you're like me and turned off by perma death you're not interested in it. 

If I ever do want it I can get it cheaper off ebay or even gamefly later on down the road.

#26321 citizen   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:14 AM

Gamefly gets these limited run games? I'm not doing enough research these days lol
But yea all these games can be had cheap as dirt digitally on sale eventually.

It's making it difficult to get everything I would like to have in physical form.
I'm starting already to only purchase what I want.. what I really really want & not buy things like Vitamin Connection lol

#26322 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2020 - 03:17 PM

pre-order is up at best buy for Wandersong for Switch

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6398519

#26323 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:52 PM

#26324 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:54 PM

#26325 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2869 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:28 PM

But yea all these games can be had cheap as dirt digitally on sale eventually.

Not just "eventually." It's quite common for a lot of these games to be on steep discounts digitally before they are even announced as LRG releases. One of the more common approaches is for a studio to treat LRG as a "final" version distributor, where they don't bother releasing a physical copy until after the game has already had several digital revisions. We see games come out for LRG that have already been available digitally for years, and have already had numerous sales and discounts.

The instances where a brand-new digital game comes out for LRG at the same time are actually the exception, and only recently became a thing. Most developers don't take this approach.

#26326 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2535 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:04 PM

Interesting move Xseed is doing with Fate Link. We might not see the Link LE hit the crazy low prices the Fate Extella LE got at some retailors.

#26327 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1589 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:31 AM

Do we Know if Best Buy will continue carrying games from Limited Run?  

#26328 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13179 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:40 AM

Do we Know if Best Buy will continue carrying games from Limited Run?  

Not sure if anything official has been said, but the last game to mention BB would be having copies of was Divinity Original Sin 2.

If they do they will most likely be ordering a lot less copies than the earlier games.  River City Girls is just about sold out and Duck Game is in store only (and those were the two most recent releases carried by BB).  Timespinners is also in store only at this point (but every one of my local stores has copies so it should be around for a while).

Wandersong is up for preorder at BB.

#26329 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:09 AM

heads up both Vitamin Connection and Mighty Switch Force! Collection for switch is now listed on LRG as going to be sold at best buy

https://limitedrunga...amin-connection

https://limitedrunga...ection-preorder

#26330 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1073 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:13 AM

heads up both Vitamin Connection and Mighty Switch Force! Collection for switch is now listed on LRG as going to be sold at best buy

Glad I didn't buy

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#26331 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13179 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:29 AM

Last week those listings definitely didn't mention it.  Good to see them carrying more titles.

#26332 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:04 PM

PSA: For those who supported "Project Sense: A Cyber Punk Ghost Story" on Kickstarter, you have until the 31st to finish your Backerkit survey to finalize the items you ordered. I've been putting it off all month, and was finally clearing my inbox today and ran across the reminder, so finished mine this morning. 

#26333 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1073 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:10 PM

PSA: For those who supported "Project Sense: A Cyber Punk Ghost Story" on Kickstarter, you have until the 31st to finish your Backerkit survey to finalize the items you ordered. I've been putting it off all month, and was finally clearing my inbox today and ran across the reminder, so finished mine this morning.

Yep anyone get the mousepad

#26334 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:13 PM

Yep anyone get the mousepad

I know right? I wouldn't pay that type of money real "boobs", let alone ones on a mouse pad! LOL

#26335 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3956 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:01 PM

How much are they charging for it!?!

#26336 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:49 PM

How much are they charging for it!?!

$100, or so it says.

#26337 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:54 PM

I wasn't able to figure out how to switch my pre-orders over to Switch copies. I feel like these Kickstarter backer pages are always super convoluted for changing things around after the fact--or, in this case, for options that weren't originally a part of it. 

#26338 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1176 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 28 January 2020 - 04:00 PM

Ended up gett8ng Away since this is the last day for it so I bundledit with Mighty Switch Force collection as i was definitely getting that anyways. I hope Away is pretty good I was on the fence about it.

#26339 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 28 January 2020 - 04:12 PM

I wasn't able to figure out how to switch my pre-orders over to Switch copies. I feel like these Kickstarter backer pages are always super convoluted for changing things around after the fact--or, in this case, for options that weren't originally a part of it. 

Yeah, the NS game was supposed to be added pending approval, so I would guess it didn't happen, or is still being worked on behind the scenes. I haven't checked the comments on the pledge page, so there may be some info there about it.

I was gonna grab my copy for the NS as well, since I've pretty much sold off most of my Vita collection at this point, but I assumed it didn't happen, and went with the Vita version anyways. The Vita may end up the most collectible of the bunch, as I'm sure qty's will be super low, so that may be the better choice overall(if anyone cares about that).

#26340 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2020 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, the NS game was supposed to be added pending approval, so I would guess it didn't happen, or is still being worked on behind the scenes. I haven't checked the comments on the pledge page, so there may be some info there about it.

I was gonna grab my copy for the NS as well, since I've pretty much sold off most of my Vita collection at this point, but I assumed it didn't happen, and went with the Vita version anyways. The Vita may end up the most collectible of the bunch, as I'm sure qty's will be super low, so that may be the better choice overall(if anyone cares about that).

Looks to be around 1k copies assuming minimum order qty and everyone who is getting physical chose vita over PC/PS4.

They might also pull the usual and have extra copies to sell on Play-Asia since it's being published with EAS.